Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Town Are Staying Up 11:58 - Nov 29 with 1819 viewsSouperJim

Just putting this here now, so I can confirm my superfan status come May.

Last night we were a team too scared of losing to win. Bristol's first goal was a freak, after that the defence simply panicked.

We are suffering a crisis of confidence, but Lambert is the man to fix it. This squad isn't anywhere near as weak as it seems at present and the only way is up. Despite these missed opportunities, we're still only 6 points behind. The teams just above us are every bit as poor as we are right now, with notably Brentford also dropping like a stone.

We need two players in the window, Gareth McAuley Mk2 and Alan Lee Mk2. I'm confident Evans will go out and get them, as it won't be lost on him what a disaster relegation would be. So long as we're still in touch when the window opens, the great escape is still on.

Can we please drop Spence for Donacien tho. Ta.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The Town Are Staying Up on 12:08 - Nov 29 with 1792 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have an upvote for your positivity.

I agree with Donacien too.

Tactical tip.... post tomorrow saying we are going down. ...then you can dig that one out in May too IF it goes the other way ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Town Are Staying Up on 12:11 - Nov 29 with 1771 viewsCoco

Come on! We’ve got something to fight for at least!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The Town Are Staying Up on 12:13 - Nov 29 with 1766 viewsyorkshire

I agree with you - to be honest I don't think we have been the worst team in 5 or 6 of the games we have played this season - there is still some quality on the pitch whatever the doom and gloom merchants are saying.

Last night was depressing as we all know it was a game for the taking - a second goal at 1-0 and we'd have walked it - but when you are down there and low on confidence then that is easier said than done

We do need a target man (what could have been with Walters) and we need some strength at the back. I think Pennington has done OK but like Chalbolah we are putting to much pressure on a young kid who has not been in this situation before

It will be tight this season and I am sure that we are odds on to go down but the gap isn't insurmountable and the teams above us are really not better than us
The Town Are Staying Up on 12:24 - Nov 29 with 1730 viewsPJH

I think last night was a huge setback because some of the confidence built up in the players and supporters over the previous three games must have been dented because there was a very useful three points there for the taking.
I think relegation was fast approaching being a certainty under Hurst but Lambert has given everyone a tremendous lift(well almost everyone)and there is still plenty of time to get out of this mess.
I did think last night for the first time since the instant that Hurst went that we might go down.
We still might but I feel a bit more confident reflecting on things today.
The Town Are Staying Up on 12:26 - Nov 29 with 1727 viewsSouperJim

The Town Are Staying Up on 12:13 - Nov 29 by yorkshire

I agree with you - to be honest I don't think we have been the worst team in 5 or 6 of the games we have played this season - there is still some quality on the pitch whatever the doom and gloom merchants are saying.

Last night was depressing as we all know it was a game for the taking - a second goal at 1-0 and we'd have walked it - but when you are down there and low on confidence then that is easier said than done

We do need a target man (what could have been with Walters) and we need some strength at the back. I think Pennington has done OK but like Chalbolah we are putting to much pressure on a young kid who has not been in this situation before

It will be tight this season and I am sure that we are odds on to go down but the gap isn't insurmountable and the teams above us are really not better than us

Spot on. Despite how poorly we defended 2nd half last night, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that their first was an utterly freakish OG. There is no way you can account for that sort of thing and when you're down the bottom and low on confidence, these things happen. We were badly rocked by it and despite Freddie putting us in front again so quickly, psychologically the damage was done.

We can and will put in similarly competent attacking displays, and some of the results will stick. We probably do need to drop Bart again though, he looks utterly bereft of self-belief right now. I lay no blame at his door, but he needs some time out to find his feet again and it won't surprise me if Gerks is in goal at Forest.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:29 - Feb 20 with 1407 viewsLeagueOne

Well I can't say Evans went and got the players we needed nor are we staying up.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:33 - Feb 20 with 1381 viewsSpruceMoose

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:29 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

Well I can't say Evans went and got the players we needed nor are we staying up.

Well well... fancy you dragging this one up again. Cheep cheep.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:40 - Feb 20 with 1356 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would say that Collins, Judge and Keane he got the best he could.

Who would you suggest he might have got in that we clearly did not try to?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:46 - Feb 20 with 1342 viewsMrTown

How lovely it must be to finance over 50k a week for Quaner/Collins/Keane/Judge and still be heading down. He did his best, January is such a tough window for a top team, let alone a team rock bottom.

Book of knowledge and intelligence you are LeagueOne

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:51 - Feb 20 with 1331 viewstextbackup

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:33 - Feb 20 by SpruceMoose

Well well... fancy you dragging this one up again. Cheep cheep.

found a great one the other day, poster will remain unnamed..... but basically saying what a player spence is, and its unreal MK dons let him go...... ouch

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:53 - Feb 20 with 1319 viewsSpruceMoose

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:51 - Feb 20 by textbackup

found a great one the other day, poster will remain unnamed..... but basically saying what a player spence is, and its unreal MK dons let him go...... ouch

Oh God, that wasn't me was it? I take it back if so!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Town Are Staying Up on 19:00 - Feb 20 with 1291 viewsMrTown

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:51 - Feb 20 by textbackup

Name and shame! Name and shame!

EDIT: Unless it was me then... REMAIN ANONYMOUS! REMAIN ANONYMOUS!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 19:01]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Town Are Staying Up on 19:20 - Feb 20 with 1233 viewstextbackup

The Town Are Staying Up on 18:53 - Feb 20 by SpruceMoose

Oh God, that wasn't me was it? I take it back if so!

nope, worry not my friend

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024