Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up 13:15 - Nov 29 with 5700 viewsVic

What sort of contract is he on? Does anyone really know?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 13:17 - Nov 29 with 5693 viewsgeg1992

You'd assume this would have been covered at some point? The 3 year deal certainly suggests he's in it for the long run.

Phil - any ideas?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 13:21 - Nov 29 with 5675 viewsflimflam

I would expect he is being payed similar to MM so on a pretty decent whack and that relegation was discussed and he would stick around to bring us back up if it happened.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 13:24 - Nov 29 with 5649 viewsgeg1992

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 13:21 - Nov 29 by flimflam

I would expect he is being payed similar to MM so on a pretty decent whack and that relegation was discussed and he would stick around to bring us back up if it happened.

You'd hope so... but this is Marcus Evans sorting the contract...

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 13:56 - Nov 29 with 5561 viewsCoco

He seems to have had a ‘get out’ clause injected in all his other clubs so guess he will leg it if we go down. He talks long term however and seems enthusiastic about all aspects of itfc. So who knows - certainly not the fans.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:01 - Nov 29 with 5542 viewsbluefunk

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 13:56 - Nov 29 by Coco

He seems to have had a ‘get out’ clause injected in all his other clubs so guess he will leg it if we go down. He talks long term however and seems enthusiastic about all aspects of itfc. So who knows - certainly not the fans.

i’m Not sure it would do his reputation any good to bail out if we get relegated, especially as he will have had 2/3rds of the season and a transfer window (Ok, maybe no money) to put things right. Contrast that with regarding Town as a long term project, and then fixing it successfully, and the kudos that would bring (I am an optimist......)
I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:02 - Nov 29 with 5538 viewsVic

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 13:56 - Nov 29 by Coco

But his remit and method is to inject positivity and enthusiasm back into the club. I wouldn't have expected him to give the slightest hint - verbal or non verbal, at this point that he might only be here for a few months. That would completely counter productive to what he's trying to achieve.

It's just that I hear so many saying with such conviction and certainty that he wont stick around if we get relegated that I just wondered if I'd missed something and that maybe he was only contracted up to the end of the season of something silly. I hope he's on a healthy bonus to keep us up and that there is no get out clause.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:33 - Nov 29 with 5488 viewsPhilTWTD

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:01 - Nov 29 by bluefunk

i’m Not sure it would do his reputation any good to bail out if we get relegated, especially as he will have had 2/3rds of the season and a transfer window (Ok, maybe no money) to put things right. Contrast that with regarding Town as a long term project, and then fixing it successfully, and the kudos that would bring (I am an optimist......)

My thinking was along those lines as well, was talking about it with someone after the game last night. If we were to be relegated and he were to move on how high would his stock be after failing in two fire-fighting jobs here and at Stoke? Would he get another Championship club? I'm not sure he would.

I've also got the impression that he sees this as a long-term job and might well be prepared to take the drop and then rebuild from there. But hopefully it won't come to that.
"If"? (n/t) on 14:39 - Nov 29 with 5457 viewsBloots

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:33 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

My thinking was along those lines as well, was talking about it with someone after the game last night. If we were to be relegated and he were to move on how high would his stock be after failing in two fire-fighting jobs here and at Stoke? Would he get another Championship club? I'm not sure he would.

I've also got the impression that he sees this as a long-term job and might well be prepared to take the drop and then rebuild from there. But hopefully it won't come to that.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:55 - Nov 29 with 5403 viewsMonkey

To be honest it may be better for him to leave. If the squad and manager lose a lost of games and get relegated then they will go in to next season with the same players and manager and a mentality of losing most weeks. It will be hard to go from that to pushing for promotion.

Similarly though if Lambert starts grinding out wins and Town go down fighting then we should try and keep him.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

"If"? (n/t) on 15:03 - Nov 29 with 5366 viewsPhilTWTD

"If"? (n/t) on 14:39 - Nov 29 by Bloots

"If we were to be relegated and he were to move on" was what I wrote, although obviously the first bit of that is still an if even if it's looking very much on the cards as things stand.
I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:05 - Nov 29 with 5356 viewsnodge_blue

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:33 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

We are not getting out of this Phil.....

They said on the radio that no club in the history of the championship had escaped relegation with 11 points after 17 games - let alone that we have now played 19.

We cant beat Reading, Preston, Bristol. What chance against the forests etc....

But I do hope Lambert will stick it out.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:12 - Nov 29 with 5318 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:02 - Nov 29 by Vic

But his remit and method is to inject positivity and enthusiasm back into the club. I wouldn't have expected him to give the slightest hint - verbal or non verbal, at this point that he might only be here for a few months. That would completely counter productive to what he's trying to achieve.

It's just that I hear so many saying with such conviction and certainty that he wont stick around if we get relegated that I just wondered if I'd missed something and that maybe he was only contracted up to the end of the season of something silly. I hope he's on a healthy bonus to keep us up and that there is no get out clause.

I'd say he will stick around if we get relegated. Why wouldn't he?

Plus, we have just taken Jimmy Walker from Sunderland as goalkeeping coach. I doubt he'd have moved all the way down to Ipswich is it may only be for six months.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:13 - Nov 29 with 5304 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 14:55 - Nov 29 by Monkey

To be honest it may be better for him to leave. If the squad and manager lose a lost of games and get relegated then they will go in to next season with the same players and manager and a mentality of losing most weeks. It will be hard to go from that to pushing for promotion.

Similarly though if Lambert starts grinding out wins and Town go down fighting then we should try and keep him.

He'd be the perfect man to get us back to the Championship. Look what he did at Norwich (and Colchester).

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:15 - Nov 29 with 5294 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:05 - Nov 29 by nodge_blue

They said on the radio that no club in the history of the championship had escaped relegation with 11 points after 17 games - let alone that we have now played 19.

Our only hope is to be within 5 points of 21st place on January 1st. Get reinforcements in and hope, like QPR this season, they make a quick impact.

Even then it'll take a hell of a turnaround.

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:20 - Nov 29 with 5269 viewsPhilTWTD

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:05 - Nov 29 by nodge_blue

It has happened from that position after 17 games, Watford in 1990/91 which I think is the greatest escape from this position but even they'd made it to 12 after 19.

We are obviously very much up against it - certainly need to pick up a couple of wins in December before the January additions - but I do think the bar is going to be lower in terms of points required this season than has usually been the case with the division having a 'rump' of struggling sides a little way off the middle of the table.

At the moment from the bottom there's us, then a gap, then four teams but I can also see Brentford and Rotherham also in contention for bottom three spots.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-two/30-november-1990/

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-two/07-december-1990/
I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:11 - Nov 29 with 5117 viewsITFC_Forever

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:12 - Nov 29 by The_Last_Baron

I'd say he will stick around if we get relegated. Why wouldn't he?

Plus, we have just taken Jimmy Walker from Sunderland as goalkeeping coach. I doubt he'd have moved all the way down to Ipswich is it may only be for six months.

Walker lives in Peterborough or somewhere like that - part of the reason he took the ITFC job was because the commute to the North-East was too much.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:13 - Nov 29 with 5101 viewsPhilTWTD

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:11 - Nov 29 by ITFC_Forever

Walker lives in Peterborough or somewhere like that - part of the reason he took the ITFC job was because the commute to the North-East was too much.

Stamford.
I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:15 - Nov 29 with 5084 viewschicoazul

Surely, with our wage bill mandated as no more than 60% of our turnover in L1, we couldnt afford to keep him even if he wanted to stay?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:17 - Nov 29 with 5068 viewsPhilTWTD

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:15 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

Surely, with our wage bill mandated as no more than 60% of our turnover in L1, we couldnt afford to keep him even if he wanted to stay?

Players' wages, not wages overall.
I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:18 - Nov 29 with 5062 viewschicoazul

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:17 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

Players' wages, not wages overall.

Ah! Thank you luv, that makes a difference.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 4957 viewsKeaneish

Like Bart was going to leave i the last two January transfer windows?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 17:17 - Nov 29 with 4925 viewsITFC_Forever

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 16:13 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

Stamford.

Close-ish.... around 1.5 / 2 hours drive from Ipswich.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 22:25 - Nov 29 with 4640 viewsnodge_blue

I hear a lot about Paul Lambert leaving if we don't stay up on 15:20 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

It has happened from that position after 17 games, Watford in 1990/91 which I think is the greatest escape from this position but even they'd made it to 12 after 19.

We are obviously very much up against it - certainly need to pick up a couple of wins in December before the January additions - but I do think the bar is going to be lower in terms of points required this season than has usually been the case with the division having a 'rump' of struggling sides a little way off the middle of the table.

At the moment from the bottom there's us, then a gap, then four teams but I can also see Brentford and Rotherham also in contention for bottom three spots.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-two/30-november-1990/

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-two/07-december-1990/

It may be they were being literal with the "championship" as opposed to division 1. But even with your analysis we are going back nearly 30 years to find 1 team that did it - with a point more than we have now.

I just dont see it. We look shot. Its taking massive efforts to win a single game. Every team that turns up believes they are better than us. Look at Bristol. They totally played like they would break us down and believed it.

We will very soon have to acknowledge it and plan for the situation so we try and hit div 1 as prepared as we can be. I just hope Lambert is up for that scenario and this is the start of a rebuild.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024