Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much 13:26 - Nov 29 with 4256 viewsSomethingBlue

Presumably you wouldn't throw in the towel as easily on other areas of your life so don't do it with your football team. We are bad, there is no dressing it up, but I maintain that our fate will essentially be decided by what we can do in January. I don't think we will be more than nine or 10 points from safety by then and, that being the case, we have a chance if we can act quickly.

And either way, Steve's post earlier was spot on. We simply can't afford to go down, can't afford to embrace it, can't afford to get comfortable with it. So it's a better idea to give it all we've got rather than spend two-thirds of a season in resignation. It's a small-time attitude and we can't countenance it. We all know how suddenly things can change, both for better and for worse. I'd rather be there when things turn.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:33 - Nov 29 with 3666 viewsFixed_It

I woke up this morning feeling a bit down. The weather was dull and dismal, and my team had lost again. However, the sun has now come out and things are looking a bit better. Still an awful lot to play for - and just think how amazing it will feel if we manage to get out of this. One win will make all the difference...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:35 - Nov 29 with 3645 viewsKeno

well said that man!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:36 - Nov 29 with 3651 viewsSomethingBlue

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:33 - Nov 29 by Fixed_It

I woke up this morning feeling a bit down. The weather was dull and dismal, and my team had lost again. However, the sun has now come out and things are looking a bit better. Still an awful lot to play for - and just think how amazing it will feel if we manage to get out of this. One win will make all the difference...

I just think we should all have seen enough in our time to know this is very far from done. A severe situation, yes, but there are twists and turns to come. We *have* to stick with it. It's so important.

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:36 - Nov 29 with 3641 viewsITFCBlues

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:33 - Nov 29 by Fixed_It

But where does that win come from?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:39 - Nov 29 with 3627 viewsFixed_It

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:36 - Nov 29 by ITFCBlues

We were pretty close to it yesterday. You have to believe that this run will have to come to an end sooner rather than later.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:42 - Nov 29 with 3614 viewsReuser_is_God

Agree that we need to not give up, and to be honest it's only on here & elsewhere online that there is any resignation - the support at games has been positive & I trust that to remain so.

I'll always have hope but right now I have very little faith base don what I have seen from us.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 13:42]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:43 - Nov 29 with 3611 viewsRomeo4

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:36 - Nov 29 by ITFCBlues

No one was expecting a win at Swansea and we got one.
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 13:54 - Nov 29 with 3572 viewsmathiemagic

I am not throwing the towel in as you suggest and will as ever continue to support the team but watching each and every game just seems to sap the energy out of you. How do so called professional footballers fail to do the basics correctly week in and week out? . The defending is appalling at best and that goes for the whole team not just the back five. What do they work on in training?, as what ever it is it certainly escapes them on match day it seems. Skuse had a good game as did Freddie Sears but apart from that no more than 4 out of ten for the rest. I have been racking my brains for a solution and I cant find one. I am not sure what players will be available in January and if any of the decent ones will want to sign for a floundering ship. I just hope PL stints at the likes of Villa and Stoke may get us some gems for a bargain price as doubt ME will stump up much cash. It is a very sad state of affairs especially with that lot up the road doing so well at the other end of the table. I hope I am wrong but February's visit to Carrow Road could well be the last derby match for a very long time if PL cant work some kind of miracle. #COYB #ITFC #IPLWT

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

Login to get fewer ads

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 14:58 - Nov 29 with 3525 viewsNo9

No town supporter should be talking relegation until it is mathematically impossible to avoid it.
46 games in season, presently 19 done & town are bottom.
There is still plenty of time to escape
One has to hope there is more positive thinking in the dressing room / training pitch than on here
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:10 - Nov 29 with 3476 viewsIllinoisblue

counterpoint: saw an article the other day about how much fun Sunderland fans are having in League 1. Winning games, enjoying themselves.

I am trying to convince myself we still have a shot at staying up.... only 6 point gap, lots of games to play, Lambert doing some business in Jan, injured players returning...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:12 - Nov 29 with 3473 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:10 - Nov 29 by Illinoisblue

counterpoint: saw an article the other day about how much fun Sunderland fans are having in League 1. Winning games, enjoying themselves.

I am trying to convince myself we still have a shot at staying up.... only 6 point gap, lots of games to play, Lambert doing some business in Jan, injured players returning...

I wonder how much fun Plymouth fans are having.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:26 - Nov 29 with 3449 viewsIllinoisblue

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:12 - Nov 29 by SpruceMoose

I wonder how much fun Plymouth fans are having.

I wonder how much fun Charlton fans are having

62 - 78 - 81

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:37 - Nov 29 with 3414 viewsBueller

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 14:58 - Nov 29 by No9

No town supporter should be talking relegation until it is mathematically impossible to avoid it.
46 games in season, presently 19 done & town are bottom.
There is still plenty of time to escape
One has to hope there is more positive thinking in the dressing room / training pitch than on here

This is spot on. I can’t say I’m too enthused by all of it at the minute and do feel negative but you have to have faith. End of the day we don’t know what impact PL can have on the team and we will have to see.

No one should talk of relegation and wish it on the club because it ‘might be better for us’, it’s a hole I think most of us with common sense know we won’t get out of. I’m even seeing a thread talking about League 1 grounds. It’s embarrassing.
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:44 - Nov 29 with 3402 viewsJ2BLUE

I agree that January is vital. I think we need a couple of wins between now and then though to keep pace with the others. 9-10 points and the ship would have sailed IMO. I'm quite positive that we get out of this by the skin of our teeth but if the deficit is 9-10 points by January then i'd be very, very worried.

I think we should throw the FA Cup game away and Lambert should spend the time between Millwall and Rotherham concentrating on nothing but new signings. Lets the coaching staff deal with the cup and training.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:46 - Nov 29 with 3391 viewsOxford_Blue

Agreed. It’s pathetic. It’s the snowflake generation and mentality.

Things get hard so people give up.

What anyone with any drive and passion does is to get behind the team, support them all you can (because god knows they need it) and get stuck in.
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:50 - Nov 29 with 3375 viewstextbackup

Difference being I have absolutely no control over how it can improve, other parts of my life I can.

For me the situation is like finding a cancerous lump, having a top class surgeon ready to remove it, then him turning up with an ice cream scoop and a tooth pick to remove it. All hope would be lost

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:51 - Nov 29 with 3364 viewsSwn98

Whilst i am not saying you are one of them,where are all those fans that said "they would rather go down than keep McCarthy?
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:57 - Nov 29 with 3357 viewstextbackup

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:46 - Nov 29 by Oxford_Blue

Agreed. It’s pathetic. It’s the snowflake generation and mentality.

Things get hard so people give up.

What anyone with any drive and passion does is to get behind the team, support them all you can (because god knows they need it) and get stuck in.

HAlf heart chants about Norwich will not keep us in the division. That’s all I heard lastnight.

PR is a soulless pit of emptiness where the support matches the horrific footballers on show.

Snowflake I am not, realistic and seeing what we are is what I am. Bury heads in sand and hope we get out of this by clapping isn’t going to work

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 17:11 - Nov 29 with 3318 viewsGeminiblue

On a positive note the players have an almost immediate chance to put things right with Saturdays game. I’m not looking at the table, I’m not looking at other teams scores, that’s out of our hands so no point worrying about it. All I’m concentrating on is each Ipswich game, and getting behind the team 100%.
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 17:39 - Nov 29 with 3291 viewsOxford_Blue

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:57 - Nov 29 by textbackup

HAlf heart chants about Norwich will not keep us in the division. That’s all I heard lastnight.

PR is a soulless pit of emptiness where the support matches the horrific footballers on show.

Snowflake I am not, realistic and seeing what we are is what I am. Bury heads in sand and hope we get out of this by clapping isn’t going to work

That’s not the point though.

The point is supporting the team and turning up is part of that.

We need to stick together and stop embarrassing ourselves by this flakey panicking.

Time for cool heads.
Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 17:44 - Nov 29 with 3278 viewsSomethingBlue

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 16:57 - Nov 29 by textbackup

So what will you do? I don't think anyone has said anything unrealistic in this thread. We have to give it everything.

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 17:56 - Nov 29 with 3253 viewstextbackup

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 17:44 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

So what will you do? I don't think anyone has said anything unrealistic in this thread. We have to give it everything.

Honestly, I’ll attend the games. Maybe 1 or 2 always ones, renew ST regardless, I’ll sing, I’ll applaud, I’ll come home pissed off more than happy, I’ll moan about what’s going on, hopefully see signs of positivity to take into next season.
I know that’s what’s been mentioned in thread, but I’ve accepted we are down, just don’t see a hope in hell of staying up.

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 18:00 - Nov 29 with 3242 viewsHerbivore

I'm afraid I am resigned to us going down. I'll still go and support the team but for me I don't see any way we escape relegation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 18:00 - Nov 29 with 3237 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 17:56 - Nov 29 by textbackup

Honestly, I’ll attend the games. Maybe 1 or 2 always ones, renew ST regardless, I’ll sing, I’ll applaud, I’ll come home pissed off more than happy, I’ll moan about what’s going on, hopefully see signs of positivity to take into next season.
I know that’s what’s been mentioned in thread, but I’ve accepted we are down, just don’t see a hope in hell of staying up.

Well Texters, I think we will all agree when I say, I desperately hope you are pleasantly surprised at the end of the season.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 18:12 - Nov 29 with 3187 viewsIllinoisblue

Some of the resignation on here is a bit much on 17:39 - Nov 29 by Oxford_Blue

That’s not the point though.

The point is supporting the team and turning up is part of that.

We need to stick together and stop embarrassing ourselves by this flakey panicking.

Time for cool heads.

I know the reasons for it, but to lose close on 10,000 fans in the space of four days is quite amazing.

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024