Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My lads choices of teams to follow; 18:51 - Nov 29 with 2213 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nearly 5 and he's starting to enjoy football. Through family ties, or places we have lived his choice of teams to support is from;

Ipswich
Sunderland
Man Utd
Man City
York
Leeds

He has Sunderland and ITFC tops. How long can I sell him the ITFC dream for?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 18:54 - Nov 29 with 1841 views_

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:00 - Nov 29 with 1820 viewsFtnfwest

We’re in a higher division than Sunderland for a few months, be quick!
My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:15 - Nov 29 with 1794 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 18:54 - Nov 29 by _

He was born in Manchester.

His mum is from Sunderland.

I was born in Ipswich.

We live near York.

Not straightforward unfortunately.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 19:16 - Nov 29 with 1780 views_

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:15 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I was born in Ipswich.

We live near York.

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:17 - Nov 29 with 1775 viewsYallop

I was born in Ipswich.

We live near York.

He can have one in each division and support them all
My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:22 - Nov 29 with 1751 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 19:16 - Nov 29 by _

Oh god. The poor kid.

To be fair, he's well within his rights to choose a Manchester team

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:31 - Nov 29 with 1722 viewsstrikalite

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:22 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh god. The poor kid.

Indeed he is being born in Manchester, not many kids have the right to support one of the best teams in Europe..

Can't believe I'm saying that...
My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:32 - Nov 29 with 1718 viewsbrazil1982

I was born in Ipswich.

We live near York.

York - or certainly the team you can take him to the most.
Login to get fewer ads

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:33 - Nov 29 with 1708 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:31 - Nov 29 by strikalite

Indeed he is being born in Manchester, not many kids have the right to support one of the best teams in Europe..

Can't believe I'm saying that...

That's the thing, my instinct is to dissuade him from the Manchester clubs.

....but then I think how enjoyable it must be to support a successful team!!

Whatever his choice is, I will make sure he has a soft spot for Ipswich!!

on 19:33 - Nov 29 with 1705 views_

Oh god. The poor kid.

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:34 - Nov 29 with 1702 viewsJon_456

Oh god. The poor kid.

I understand ‘liking’ other teams but how can he follow both Manchester clubs? Surely it’s one or the other?

As an Ipswich supporter I feel like it’s your duty to help him see how town should be his team.

When I was 5 I used to tell my dad I supported Man Utd until he drilled it into me that I was an Ipswich fan.

Now been a season ticket holder for 14 years
My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:34 - Nov 29 with 1703 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:32 - Nov 29 by brazil1982

York - or certainly the team you can take him to the most.

Sunderland is probably a good option from that point of view.

We visit his grandparents quite a lot, its cheap and easy to get tickets for too! Just over an hours drive.

Its still reasonably viable to get tickets for Citeh.

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:35 - Nov 29 with 1696 viewsTheBoyBlue

My boy supports Liverpool as well as Ipswich as his stepdad is from Liverpool, but it's Ipswich that he is most engaged in because he goes to games, can go to the clubshop, has had Junior Blues membership, etc. Ipswich & Liverpool are unlikely ever to on a par again, so it's not really a choice.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:36 - Nov 29 with 1686 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:34 - Nov 29 by Jon_456

I understand ‘liking’ other teams but how can he follow both Manchester clubs? Surely it’s one or the other?

As an Ipswich supporter I feel like it’s your duty to help him see how town should be his team.

When I was 5 I used to tell my dad I supported Man Utd until he drilled it into me that I was an Ipswich fan.

I never suggested he should support both Manchester teams.

There was probably a better story to tell when you were 5.

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:38 - Nov 29 with 1676 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 19:33 - Nov 29 by _

I dont mind City, I had a lot of City supporting mates when I lived in Manchester.

I dont like glory supporters with no link, but if you have a genuine link to a successful club, I dont see a huge issue.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 19:38]

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:47 - Nov 29 with 1618 viewsBonchosBicycle

My team should have been Charlton on proximity to where I grew up and my dad was an Irish West Ham fan but the only time I was taken to live matches as a little kid was when my dad took me to Ipswich games while visiting my grandparents there. I strongly suspect this was mostly to get him away from his in-laws. However it did work out that I never had any strong loyalty to any professional team apart from Town.

Used to still go to the odd non-league game though for a local fix (Come on you Deres!)
My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:48 - Nov 29 with 1614 viewsJon_456

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:36 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I never suggested he should support both Manchester teams.

There was probably a better story to tell when you were 5.

Yeah looking back now I think I was actually 6 and the Wembley play off final probably had something to do with it..
My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:58 - Nov 29 with 1599 viewsGlasgowBlue

I had my boy supporting Ipswich from the age of 5 until he was 13 or 14. Then the peer pressure started at school as all of his mates were Celtic or Rangers fans. Whenever he mentioned Ipswich they would all ask "who"?

Now he supports Rangers but says Ipswich are his English club.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:59 - Nov 29 with 1580 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:58 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

I had my boy supporting Ipswich from the age of 5 until he was 13 or 14. Then the peer pressure started at school as all of his mates were Celtic or Rangers fans. Whenever he mentioned Ipswich they would all ask "who"?

Now he supports Rangers but says Ipswich are his English club.

A Rangers fan who doesn't know the Butch link should hang their head in shame.

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 20:07 - Nov 29 with 1563 viewsgiant_stow

Littluns are like that with football teams aren't they? Mine suports (in order)
Arsenal
Orient
Norwich / Walthamstow fc
West ham
Watford
And has even started to talk about you lot (hopefully just because we had a nice trip to Suffolk on the summer)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 20:16 - Nov 29 with 1537 viewsGlasgowBlue

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:59 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

A Rangers fan who doesn't know the Butch link should hang their head in shame.

That was over 30 years ago. I doubt any 14 year old Ipswich fan today could tell you which team we bought Arnie or Frans from.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 20:21 - Nov 29 with 1516 viewsSpruceMoose

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 19:33 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's the thing, my instinct is to dissuade him from the Manchester clubs.

....but then I think how enjoyable it must be to support a successful team!!

Whatever his choice is, I will make sure he has a soft spot for Ipswich!!

Blackburn will do then. Plus it's Tony's team.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 20:22 - Nov 29 with 1508 viewsSpruceMoose

Tell him that one day you'll die and the treasured memories of your time together supporting Town will be a beautiful thing for him to look back on. Far more beautiful than watcingh Man City win 39 league titles.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 20:23 - Nov 29 with 1503 viewsSpruceMoose

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 20:07 - Nov 29 by giant_stow

Littluns are like that with football teams aren't they? Mine suports (in order)
Arsenal
Orient
Norwich / Walthamstow fc
West ham
Watford
And has even started to talk about you lot (hopefully just because we had a nice trip to Suffolk on the summer)

"And has even started to talk about you lot"

Aw he's taking after his dad!

My lads choices of teams to follow; on 20:24 - Nov 29 with 1506 viewsNewcyBlue

on 19:16 - Nov 29 by _

Balls to that. Seb was born between Sunderland and Newcastle, neither of which are his team!

I say give him a choice of Ipswich or be adopted.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024