Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart 09:48 - Nov 30 with 7257 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 09:51 - Nov 30 with 5635 viewsfarkenhell

Gav - did you have to?
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 09:52 - Nov 30 with 5633 viewsWeekender

1 - mistake
2 - Pennington or Knudsen should be dealing with that
3 - unlucky

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:00 - Nov 30 with 5578 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 09:52 - Nov 30 by Weekender

1 - mistake
3 - unlucky

watching it like that in realtime, for me shows that people are being very heavy on Bart

The first one, he's got down well, got a hand to it, he's then recovered and the reaction as a keeper is to get your hand there, it's not a mistake it's unlucky where the balls ended up. There's literally nothing Bart could have done there.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:04 - Nov 30 with 5563 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:00 - Nov 30 by FrimleyBlue

watching it like that in realtime, for me shows that people are being very heavy on Bart

The first one, he's got down well, got a hand to it, he's then recovered and the reaction as a keeper is to get your hand there, it's not a mistake it's unlucky where the balls ended up. There's literally nothing Bart could have done there.

I agree. There's nowhere to hide as a keeper, so when your defence is crap it's a brutal place.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:06 - Nov 30 with 5556 viewsOsborneOneNil

I think you're being generous with that bud.

I'm a Bart fan, as most are, but that wasn't unlucky.
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:06 - Nov 30 with 5549 viewsnoggin

He should have done better with the original cross.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:07 - Nov 30 with 5547 viewsEireannach_gorm

His reaction time seems to have gone to pot.

He should have just caught the first goal on the rebound. He hardly reacted for the third. His body language when taking the ball from the net indicates that he is not in a good place mentally.
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:08 - Nov 30 with 5546 viewsOsborneOneNil

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:04 - Nov 30 by Swansea_Blue

I agree. There's nowhere to hide as a keeper, so when your defence is crap it's a brutal place.

Bart could and should have done better with the first 2, nothing he could do with the third.

The defence is more to blame than Bart IMO, for all 3.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:13 - Nov 30 with 5518 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:06 - Nov 30 by OsborneOneNil

I think you're being generous with that bud.

I'm a Bart fan, as most are, but that wasn't unlucky.

I'm interested in how you don't see that as unlucky.. can you elaborate?

Waka waka eh eh

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:15 - Nov 30 with 5505 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:07 - Nov 30 by Eireannach_gorm

He should have just caught the first goal on the rebound. He hardly reacted for the third. His body language when taking the ball from the net indicates that he is not in a good place mentally.

I don't see why you'd believe he should have 'just caught the first goal' from the moment he's got a good hand to the floored cross, it's 1.8 seconds before the balls back at him.

Waka waka eh eh

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:19 - Nov 30 with 5504 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Controversial view - but I actually think the second is far worse than the first

Obviously with the first he’s pushed it into the net but it’s a split second reaction, probably not realising exactly where in relation to the goal he is. The second meanwhile he really has to push away for me - yes it’s sh*t marking but the header is straight at him and it’s a weak hand behind it to let it through rather than push it away

Third obviously nothing he could do

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:44 - Nov 30 with 5430 viewsRobTheMonk

Inform Bart saves all 3. First one is a bit of a fluke. Second one seems to go through him. Third one is all about how quick can you react to that header.
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:06 - Nov 30 with 5382 viewsArnieM

Not sure why Bart doesn’t make an effort to hold the shot ( s). He’s such s bloody flapper

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:08 - Nov 30 with 5377 viewsEly_Blue

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:19 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Controversial view - but I actually think the second is far worse than the first

Obviously with the first he’s pushed it into the net but it’s a split second reaction, probably not realising exactly where in relation to the goal he is. The second meanwhile he really has to push away for me - yes it’s sh*t marking but the header is straight at him and it’s a weak hand behind it to let it through rather than push it away

Third obviously nothing he could do

I’d agree on the 2nd one, to me it’s the same as a guy that stands on the end of a wall for a free kick and half turns his body, that’s almost as though that’s what it looks like he does.

Bart seems to have a problem just lately with knowing where his posts are, if you look at the 3rd goal even you can see that he makes little or no attempt to even go for a save

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:11 - Nov 30 with 5366 viewsNo9

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 09:52 - Nov 30 by Weekender

1 - mistake
3 - unlucky

1/ Error but unlucky with the spin on the ball
2/ The bloke should never have found it so easy to get to the by line & the cross should have been cut out
3/ Crap defending but no one can deal with deflections
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:19 - Nov 30 with 5347 viewsPinewoodblue

If Bart hadn't got his hand to it it would probably have gone in off his body.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:52 - Nov 30 with 5272 viewsskusesrightpeg

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:11 - Nov 30 by No9

1/ Error but unlucky with the spin on the ball
2/ The bloke should never have found it so easy to get to the by line & the cross should have been cut out
3/ Crap defending but no one can deal with deflections

the first one im more concerned about how our LB has just dangled a leg out and turned facing his own goal.
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 12:15 - Nov 30 with 5220 viewsNo9

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:52 - Nov 30 by skusesrightpeg

the first one im more concerned about how our LB has just dangled a leg out and turned facing his own goal.

He was probably surprised it got as far as him, I don't think many people in football would have been able to take the ball turn & clear it in that time scale.
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 12:31 - Nov 30 with 5176 viewskpblues

Unfair to solely blame Bart for these

Paul Lambert said in his conference if the cross does not come in there is no danger.
Two of the goals came from the right.
Spence should not have let the cross in so it's down to him.

Donacien was great against Villa at right back so can't understand why he is not replacing Spence who is very slow and cannot read the game well enough at this level.

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 12:59 - Nov 30 with 5090 viewsPlums

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 11:52 - Nov 30 by skusesrightpeg

He also gave the ball away to start the attack - yet another aimless punt towards the centre circle

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 14:12 - Nov 30 with 5017 viewsOsborneOneNil

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:13 - Nov 30 by FrimleyBlue

I'm interested in how you don't see that as unlucky.. can you elaborate?

What? He's outside of the post, the ball goes towards him and going wide, he sticks a hand out to guide it in.

When you watched that at the time it happened, did you go 'awww, tough luck'? Or 'FFS, what on earth is going on, Bart?!!'
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 14:14]
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 14:18 - Nov 30 with 5006 viewsgiant_stow

his body language is very revealing - got to feel for the bloke.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 14:30 - Nov 30 with 4983 viewsDarth_Koont

For me it was clear how spooked the defence was by Diedhou when he came on. And I think you can see that in all the goals — even the second one as Pennington drifts over to him leaving the back post free.

It's not easy but if we could get a player with some of that threat (whether he gets the ball or not) then we'd be much better placed for the rest of the season. Roberts would also be good cover and fresh legs which is probably more his level at the moment.

But from our defence's point of view we really need to get a grip. There aren't many players who will have an impact like Dhiedhou but there are enough of them around (not to mention defenders coming up for set pieces) that we just need to deal with that physical threat much better.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 14:31 - Nov 30 with 4982 viewsVaughan8

Where are those straws you are clutching...………………….

Come on. How anyone can defend that awful cock-up as "unlucky" is beyond me. Seems weird the number of people defending this. Imagine if it was Gerken who made that mistake……………..
Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 15:23 - Nov 30 with 4889 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

Bristol City's 3 goals from behind Bart on 10:07 - Nov 30 by Eireannach_gorm

As an amateur keeper myself, when you're keeping clean sheets, you feel you can stop bullets, but when you're conceding on a regular basis, it feels that even the daisy cutters bobble up and go in.

It's tough, but there it is.

Feel it's hard to blame Bart for the first one, that's pure instinct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024