Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After match thoughts 11:02 - Dec 2 with 915 viewsChocorange

First up I think Forest are the best team I have seen this season. Ahead of Boro who much like Forest took their foot off the gas when 2 up. Wba third best from the games against us.

So with that in mind giving them a goal start was effectively shooting ourselves in the foot again.

Anyway, the main point of this thread was to say I was chatting with Forest fans after the game as we walked across the bridge going over the Trent. I asked them what they thought of us.
They were surprised that we hadn't set up with ten behind the ball as every other team at the bottom gas this season in games against them.
They also thought we were the poorest side they had seen, and thirdly that our heads dropped and there was no belief in the team, no one with flair to make things happen.
They said you could see we were beaten early on , to my mind, this was also evident when the third goal went vs Bristol City in midweek, we never looked like coming back from it.

So, is there a time when we should go to ten behind the ball, like MM , and grind out a point or two? Or are we too far behind?

It's a difficult time indeed, everyone can see we need players , but where are they going to come from?
Journeymen pros from the championship?
Apparent Star young loanees from the Premier league ....errrr... like Chalobah and Edun?
More players stepping up from league 1?
Expensive quality players lured by Labert and Evans chequebook?

And are they going to want to join a team likely ten points from safety at the start of Jan?

I hope PL has is better at evaluating and attracting players than PH was, he needs to be a genius!

Keep the faith , support the team, that's our part in this!
After match thoughts on 11:55 - Dec 2 with 812 viewsArnieM

I think ( hope) Lsmbert has identified the real areas of concern and that he will bring in some full backs ( ours are an apology for the position), and an experienced striker to hold it together up front.

Evans has to bite the bullet and stump up some cash now. We have x very good manager at last and he needs some £££ to give him a fighting chance. But I fear waiting until Jam will prove to be too late.

It’s your fault Evans!!!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

After match thoughts on 12:07 - Dec 2 with 791 viewsTIB

I went with a few Forest fans and they said much the same after the game, we looked shot of confidence after second goal and we had no outlet / quality.

I'm never one to get on players backs but Spence was atrocious yesterday. A player short of confidence but not seemingly bothered, walking around and so sloppy in possession of the ball. Jonas was poor but whilst he's clearly low on confidence too, he does look like he gives a sh*t although I think Chambers was giving him a proper rollocking after the second goal. Ward looked lost for most the game. He cannot run at defenders with the ball and offered so little outlet. The amount of times Teddy came for the ball out on the right and you'd think Ward would be on his bike trying to get behind the defender but no, he'd stand 10yards away being marked.

On a positive note, I thought Teddy looked good, glimpses of the quality we saw a few seasons back, he just needed that support or outlet for a final ball. Hopefully he stays fit now and can get back to his best.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024