Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? 16:33 - Dec 2 with 1489 viewsVic

Apologies if this has been covered but. Haven’t been able to check back on all the posts.

Did they look like they brought anything different or better to the team?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 16:55 - Dec 2 with 1441 viewsfactual_blue

Lancaster won 2-1 away at North Ferriby United.

And look who plays for them now, and indeed scored yesterday.

http://www.lancastercityfc.co.uk/news/new-signing-david-norris-is-a-dolly-237313

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 09:05 - Dec 3 with 1114 viewsVic

Just bumping this as I’m genuinely interested in how these two got on and it’s a break from the blame game of so many other posts.

And yes, I did realise afterwards that there’s a typo!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 10:04 - Dec 3 with 1054 viewsgringoblue

How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 09:05 - Dec 3 by Vic

Just bumping this as I’m genuinely interested in how these two got on and it’s a break from the blame game of so many other posts.

And yes, I did realise afterwards that there’s a typo!

I thought Bishop looked very neat and tidy. He had a terrific run in the first half to set up Grant Ward's cross that Jackson should have hit the target from. A few times he tried to play give and goes with other players (definitely Jackson on one occasion) and they weren't good enough to get the ball back to him. I thought he was part of the collective that was at fault for the second goal - it started with a long ball down our right that got knocked down by Forest to start their attack - we made that far too easy. We looked less threatening when Nolan replaced him.

Lankester was a mixed bag - some promising moments (the second half shot, setting up Jackson's air kick in the first half) but some misplaced passes and generally poor delivery from set pieces. It looked to me like he / Sears were in no man's land for first goal, sucked too far over to the centre, one of them should have been closer to the Forest full back to close down the shot. I was quite surprised he played the whole game. I think Lambert played him on the left hand side first half and then the right in the second? It felt as though most Forest attacks were down his side of the pitch.
How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 11:29 - Dec 3 with 961 viewsmonty_radio

How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 10:04 - Dec 3 by gringoblue

I thought Bishop looked very neat and tidy. He had a terrific run in the first half to set up Grant Ward's cross that Jackson should have hit the target from. A few times he tried to play give and goes with other players (definitely Jackson on one occasion) and they weren't good enough to get the ball back to him. I thought he was part of the collective that was at fault for the second goal - it started with a long ball down our right that got knocked down by Forest to start their attack - we made that far too easy. We looked less threatening when Nolan replaced him.

Lankester was a mixed bag - some promising moments (the second half shot, setting up Jackson's air kick in the first half) but some misplaced passes and generally poor delivery from set pieces. It looked to me like he / Sears were in no man's land for first goal, sucked too far over to the centre, one of them should have been closer to the Forest full back to close down the shot. I was quite surprised he played the whole game. I think Lambert played him on the left hand side first half and then the right in the second? It felt as though most Forest attacks were down his side of the pitch.

I thought that Bishop was a bit lost. He seemed to be trying to remember how to do it, offering the ball then nicking it away, but the early-years certainty was not there and he contributed as little as is customary for most of our midfield.

Lankester showed glimpses, but has not yet found a way to take his A-game to the big 'uns. I think that will come, but right now he could do with being in a successful team rather than one struggling to impose itself. His free-kicks promise something delicious if we ever find strikers to pop up on the end of them.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 11:30 - Dec 3 with 957 viewsSwansea_Blue

How did Bishop and Lancaster do yesterday? on 16:55 - Dec 2 by factual_blue

Lancaster won 2-1 away at North Ferriby United.

And look who plays for them now, and indeed scored yesterday.

http://www.lancastercityfc.co.uk/news/new-signing-david-norris-is-a-dolly-237313

David Norris is Dolly

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024