Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding 18:35 - Dec 2 with 2183 viewsconnorscontract

during a crowd surge in an East Anglian derby, how long should that middle aged bloke in the Liverpool coat be banned for after his pitch invasion towards the end of the Merseyside match?
If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 18:40 - Dec 2 with 2138 viewsartsbossbeard

How gutted would you be if we were the better team at Carrot Road only to give away a goal like that in injury time to lose?

That Gomes (z?) chap for The Toffees was absolutely superb.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 19:37 - Dec 2 with 1938 viewsFtnfwest

Probably thought the centre circle was Poland or something
If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 19:56 - Dec 2 with 1868 viewsmonty_radio

If you fell across a Town hoarding chances are it would only obscure an advert for Bet 365, and since Ray assures me that we see everything, that would still be O.K. then.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 09:32 - Dec 3 with 1436 viewsconnorscontract

The, semi-serious, point I'm making is that if a pitch invader automatically gets a stadium ban, then why shouldn't Klopp?

He had no more right to run onto the pitch to celebrate than any other person who wasn't playing, or hadn't been invited onto the pitch by the referee, and, arguably, his celebratory antics would be more likely to incite Everton fans than some random Kopite doing the same (who would be banned).

The ref didn't even send him off, did he? That's a massive mistake by him.

Although a big part of me feels that it was a great moment, another part of me sees the "one rule for some people, another rule for others" effect at work here. Had it been Mourinho the press would be slaughtering him.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 9:43]
If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 09:40 - Dec 3 with 1417 viewsJimmyJazz

He shouldn't be banned, try enjoying aspects of the game.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 09:43 - Dec 3 with 1399 viewsJimmyJazz

What was more likely to entice crowd trouble?

A Klopp's celebration
B Dier's celebration
C Aubameyang's celebration after his penalty

Both B and C were done directly in front of rival fans

If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 09:47 - Dec 3 with 1388 viewsconnorscontract

If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 09:43 - Dec 3 by JimmyJazz

What was more likely to entice crowd trouble?

A Klopp's celebration
B Dier's celebration
C Aubameyang's celebration after his penalty

Both B and C were done directly in front of rival fans

Potentially all three.

If it had been "arrogant Jose" rather than "likeable Jürgen" people would be responding differently, though, right?

The ref should have sent him to the stands, just as he would have booked a player for taking a shirt off to celebrate. That would be applying the laws impartially, which is his job.
If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 09:56 - Dec 3 with 1367 viewsJimmyJazz

If Ipswich fans received a Stadium ban for falling over a hoarding on 09:47 - Dec 3 by connorscontract

Potentially all three.

If it had been "arrogant Jose" rather than "likeable Jürgen" people would be responding differently, though, right?

The ref should have sent him to the stands, just as he would have booked a player for taking a shirt off to celebrate. That would be applying the laws impartially, which is his job.

So do we start booking players for celebrating their goals now, regardless of whether they disrobe or not?

Has a manager been sent to the stands yet for leaving their technical area?

Maybe PL should have been sent to the stands against Bristol City for having 'a word' with Lee Johnson after that incident with Edwards?

The day Mourinho gets sent to the stands for celebrating a goal, then you might have a point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024