Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich are doing well 18:51 - Dec 3 with 2463 viewsbournemouthblue

and they are doing with youth also

How depressing is that? Historically we've generally brought through a lot more players than them but that Premiership stint has seen them revolutionise their academy and really step it up

I fear they are now bearing the fruit of that

I just hope their bubble burst's sooner or later and they return to mediocrity

It is all going rather swimmingly at the moment and they are beginning to get cocky

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich are doing well on 19:08 - Dec 3 with 2399 viewsfactual_blue

Their youth set- up benefits from FONCY. Which isn't at all creepy.

http://www.foncy.co.uk/

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Norwich are doing well on 19:12 - Dec 3 with 2382 viewsIllinoisblue

remember how all the experts said in the summer that them losing Gunn and Maddison would see them struggle and they'd be on their way to financial ruin as the parachute cash runs out?

Ah, the heady days of summer....

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich are doing well on 19:28 - Dec 3 with 2313 viewsSuperblue95

I don't care if they go up as champions so long as we stay up this year. They'd find their way back to the championship easy enough, not so sure we would

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Norwich are doing well on 19:34 - Dec 3 with 2294 viewsbournemouthblue

Norwich are doing well on 19:12 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

remember how all the experts said in the summer that them losing Gunn and Maddison would see them struggle and they'd be on their way to financial ruin as the parachute cash runs out?

The Maddison sale was basically the equivalent of another year of parachute payments

I guarantee if they balls up this season then things will get more difficult for them

What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 19:40 - Dec 3 with 2267 viewsunstableblue

... was the over the top consensus that when Norwich came to Portman Road earlier in the season, that they were the worse Norwich team in years.

When in fact at times they moved the ball very well, and Ipswich did put their defence under real pressure (especially second half) with their defence showing resilience. Second half was one of Town's best performances of the season under the hapless Hurst.

Of course there squad is twice as expensive as ours; but its not the 3x, 4x, 7x (Stoke) of this league.. but they put in a technical manager, with a philosophy of passing and on the floor football, and stuck with him. We finally have that in Lambert... but we've had years of draconian football AS WELL AS minimal investment...

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Norwich are doing well on 20:04 - Dec 3 with 2167 viewsHARRY10

Norwich are doing well on 19:34 - Dec 3 by bournemouthblue

The Maddison sale was basically the equivalent of another year of parachute payments

I guarantee if they balls up this season then things will get more difficult for them

nah, they'll just flog one of their young uns and carry on

were those Murphy boys really worth £10m or more each, as they seem to have done beggar all since ?
Norwich are doing well on 20:05 - Dec 3 with 2159 viewsDubtractor

Norwich are doing well on 19:12 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

#anewera

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Norwich are doing well on 20:11 - Dec 3 with 2118 viewsbrazil1982

It's all rather horrible
Login to get fewer ads

What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 20:16 - Dec 3 with 2089 viewspatrickswell

What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 19:40 - Dec 3 by unstableblue

... was the over the top consensus that when Norwich came to Portman Road earlier in the season, that they were the worse Norwich team in years.

When in fact at times they moved the ball very well, and Ipswich did put their defence under real pressure (especially second half) with their defence showing resilience. Second half was one of Town's best performances of the season under the hapless Hurst.

Of course there squad is twice as expensive as ours; but its not the 3x, 4x, 7x (Stoke) of this league.. but they put in a technical manager, with a philosophy of passing and on the floor football, and stuck with him. We finally have that in Lambert... but we've had years of draconian football AS WELL AS minimal investment...

Re the sticking with Farke - it should be pointed out that his first season was stodgily mid-table. The kind of campaign one might expect of someone managing in the Championship for the first time. If the tanned gnome had shown anything like the form of Farke’s first season (which now I recall featured a long losing run from October to December) he would still be here.

Instead, the Norwich managers he best resembled is an amalgam of Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Bryan Gunn.
What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 20:18 - Dec 3 with 2068 viewsbournemouthblue

What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 19:40 - Dec 3 by unstableblue

I would say that that was the result which broke Hurst

Had we have got a result there, the mood may have changed but instead it just sucked the life out of the team, especially with Walters soon getting injured

What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 20:23 - Dec 3 with 2037 viewspatrickswell

What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 20:18 - Dec 3 by bournemouthblue

I would say that that was the result which broke Hurst

Had we have got a result there, the mood may have changed but instead it just sucked the life out of the team, especially with Walters soon getting injured

I think that may have been true had we lost the game, especially given all the dubious transfer business in the lead up to the game.

I think the two week break after that is where things curdled. God knows what went on then, but I suspect that’s when the war of nerves between Hurst/Doig and the squad really ratcheted up after the winless first month.
What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 21:52 - Dec 3 with 1832 viewsbackwaywhen

What summed up the flaws in the TWTD hive mind... on 20:16 - Dec 3 by patrickswell

Re the sticking with Farke - it should be pointed out that his first season was stodgily mid-table. The kind of campaign one might expect of someone managing in the Championship for the first time. If the tanned gnome had shown anything like the form of Farke’s first season (which now I recall featured a long losing run from October to December) he would still be here.

Instead, the Norwich managers he best resembled is an amalgam of Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Bryan Gunn.

I have said on here numerous times ...they are going to do a Huddersfield with this German !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024