Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round 09:47 - Dec 4 with 50679 viewsStanleyhouse

Hi, I'm Robert and I'm the Supporter Liaison Officer at Accrington Stanley. I know it's still a month away but I'm starting this thread to answer your questions about Stanley, or your intended visit to East Lancashire for our match (probably on Saturday January 5th 2019)
A quick heads up before any of you book train tickets to Accrington. Be aware that Northern Rail have been striking every Saturday for last three months. That has meant fans have not been able to travel past Manchester, Preston or Hebden Bridge (from Leeds)
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 17:27 - Dec 5 with 11369 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 14:00 - Dec 5 by JimmyJazz

What are your thoughts on Kayden Jackson? You certainly don't seem to be missing him.

Here he's either seen as not good enough, so far, for the Championship or someone who might come good in time

Generally we're underwhelmed and feel we massively overpaid for him

Kayden is a good lad. He's been back a couple of times to watch us. I was surprised when he left for so much. He's fast and John Coleman has a great knack of getting the best out of players. But I think the championship was always going to be a step too far.Not as good as Gary Roberts was for us.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:49 - Dec 5 with 11272 viewsFtnfwest

Best of luck in round 4
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 19:43 - Dec 6 with 10957 viewsPecker

Accrington has just been voted the 8th worst place in England to live. Just saying.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:24 - Dec 6 with 10935 viewsDublinBlue84

Looks like it's not going to be on TV and therefore surely it will be on a Saturday now?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 21:10 - Dec 6 with 10914 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 19:43 - Dec 6 by Pecker

Accrington has just been voted the 8th worst place in England to live. Just saying.

That's good to hear. We were 5th worst last year. must be doing something right.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:06 - Dec 7 with 10797 viewsTractorCam

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:24 - Dec 6 by DublinBlue84

Looks like it's not going to be on TV and therefore surely it will be on a Saturday now?

BBC always pick about 10 games to play on sunday afternoon for Final Score, usually games where an underdog has a chance of pulling off a result, this could easily be one.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:14 - Dec 7 with 10791 viewsDanny_G

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:06 - Dec 7 by TractorCam

BBC always pick about 10 games to play on sunday afternoon for Final Score, usually games where an underdog has a chance of pulling off a result, this could easily be one.

I think they only do that for the first and second rounds.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:32 - Dec 7 with 10771 viewsTractorCam

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:14 - Dec 7 by Danny_G

I think they only do that for the first and second rounds.

No third round as well, our game away to Southampton in 2015 was on the Sunday afternoon.

Login to get fewer ads

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:08 - Dec 7 with 10759 viewsDanny_G

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:32 - Dec 7 by TractorCam

No third round as well, our game away to Southampton in 2015 was on the Sunday afternoon.

That got moved because Southampton were playing on the Thursday before - not for Final Score. And if you look at last season’s third round, there were only four matches on the Sunday (all, I’m pretty sure, moved for live TV). https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017—18_FA_Cup#Third_Round_Proper
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:16 - Dec 7 with 10624 viewsMJR101

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:32 - Dec 7 by TractorCam

I don’t think the BBC will Be expecting us to cause an upset.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 17:16 - Dec 8 with 10443 viewsNWBlue

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 14:00 - Dec 5 by JimmyJazz

What are your thoughts on Kayden Jackson? You certainly don't seem to be missing him.

Here he's either seen as not good enough, so far, for the Championship or someone who might come good in time

Generally we're underwhelmed and feel we massively overpaid for him

I doubt our bunch of wasters will turn up so why should our fans?
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 19:45 - Dec 8 with 10397 viewsBaltachaFanClub

What’s Accrington like for a night out?

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 05:04 - Dec 9 with 10271 viewsRyorry

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 17:16 - Dec 8 by NWBlue

I doubt our bunch of wasters will turn up so why should our fans?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:31 - Dec 11 with 9613 viewsSpruceMoose

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 21:10 - Dec 6 by Stanleyhouse

That's good to hear. We were 5th worst last year. must be doing something right.

Bahaha that shut him up. Good one buh.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:26 - Dec 12 with 9396 viewsPecker

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:31 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

Bahaha that shut him up. Good one buh.

" that shut him up".
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 07:39 - Dec 14 with 9047 viewsDublinBlue84

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:18 - Dec 4 by Superfrans

Thanks for the information. And welcome!

So, how have visiting fans been getting to Accrington? Is there an alternative route, not using Northern Trains?

Looks like no strike action announced as of yet.

1000 terrace tickets and 500 seating.

Really want to go for the terrace as the atmosphere will be far better but if it hammers it down with rain the seating might be a better option since I'm sure that is covered?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:49 - Dec 14 with 9014 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 07:39 - Dec 14 by DublinBlue84

Really want to go for the terrace as the atmosphere will be far better but if it hammers it down with rain the seating might be a better option since I'm sure that is covered?

The terracing actually holds 1500 and the seating 1100. So you'll have plenty. Top tip- Buy a seat ( yes it is covered) and if it's fine stand on the open terrace. If it rains use your seat. ( You have to walk through the terrace to get to your seat)
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:50 - Dec 14 with 9010 viewsTractorCam

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 07:39 - Dec 14 by DublinBlue84

Never mind the rain, it will add to the occasion

I booked my train tickets yesterday, i'm sure they'll happily announce some striking soon....

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 16:25 - Dec 14 with 8949 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:50 - Dec 14 by TractorCam

Never mind the rain, it will add to the occasion

I booked my train tickets yesterday, i'm sure they'll happily announce some striking soon....

If they do announce a strike I'll post the bus times from Preston or Manchester nearer the time.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:31 - Dec 15 with 8781 viewsJamestownPrince

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 16:25 - Dec 14 by Stanleyhouse

If they do announce a strike I'll post the bus times from Preston or Manchester nearer the time.

Hi, on a Saturday do you have to get one bus from Preston Blackburn, then another to Accrington?? - during the week there appears to be a direct service but not on a weekend...

cheers
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 19:37 - Dec 15 with 8672 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:31 - Dec 15 by JamestownPrince

Hi, on a Saturday do you have to get one bus from Preston Blackburn, then another to Accrington?? - during the week there appears to be a direct service but not on a weekend...

cheers

Last week during the strike there were trains from Preston to Blackburn and replacement buses from Blackburn to Accrington. There's also a bus from Preston to Burnley that stops half a mile from the Wham Stadium.

Well done on winning at last and against our old boss Paul Cook. We are sliding at the moment. Dominated Southend for periods but managed to lose 3-0. Need to be more clinical.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 14:03 - Dec 17 with 8279 viewswkj

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 19:37 - Dec 15 by Stanleyhouse

Last week during the strike there were trains from Preston to Blackburn and replacement buses from Blackburn to Accrington. There's also a bus from Preston to Burnley that stops half a mile from the Wham Stadium.

Well done on winning at last and against our old boss Paul Cook. We are sliding at the moment. Dominated Southend for periods but managed to lose 3-0. Need to be more clinical.

You lot must be thrilled you've got a bye into the 4th round, who do you fancy to be drawn against?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 18:50 - Dec 17 with 8196 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 14:03 - Dec 17 by wkj

You lot must be thrilled you've got a bye into the 4th round, who do you fancy to be drawn against?

I'm liking the reverse psychology. We can't buy a win at the moment and last year we lost to Guiseley at home in the FA Cup. Wouldn't mind a replay and a trip to Suffolk.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 19:37 - Dec 17 with 8178 viewsjimsymBLUE

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 18:50 - Dec 17 by Stanleyhouse

I'm liking the reverse psychology. We can't buy a win at the moment and last year we lost to Guiseley at home in the FA Cup. Wouldn't mind a replay and a trip to Suffolk.

Think I'm right in saying its been 9 years and 11 games since we won a FA Cup game so you can understand the lack of optimism around these parts!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8433992.stm

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:18 - Dec 17 with 8155 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 19:37 - Dec 17 by jimsymBLUE

Think I'm right in saying its been 9 years and 11 games since we won a FA Cup game so you can understand the lack of optimism around these parts!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8433992.stm

Still not buying that. 9 years since you won a 3rd Rd FA Cup match. We haven't won many 3rd Rd matches in 9 years either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024