Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round 09:47 - Dec 4 with 50673 viewsStanleyhouse

Hi, I'm Robert and I'm the Supporter Liaison Officer at Accrington Stanley. I know it's still a month away but I'm starting this thread to answer your questions about Stanley, or your intended visit to East Lancashire for our match (probably on Saturday January 5th 2019)
A quick heads up before any of you book train tickets to Accrington. Be aware that Northern Rail have been striking every Saturday for last three months. That has meant fans have not been able to travel past Manchester, Preston or Hebden Bridge (from Leeds)
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:53 - Dec 4 with 24820 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm pretty sure I won't be the first person to post this, and apologies if I'm the 10th:

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:02 - Dec 4 with 24773 viewsGuthrum

Any idea how many tickets are likely to be available for Ipswich fans?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:05 - Dec 4 with 24761 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:02 - Dec 4 by Guthrum

Any idea how many tickets are likely to be available for Ipswich fans?

The away terrace holds 1500 and I would think you'll be getting at least 500 seats.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:08 - Dec 4 with 24750 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 09:53 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

I'm pretty sure I won't be the first person to post this, and apologies if I'm the 10th:

I prefer this version!
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:18 - Dec 4 with 24700 viewsSuperfrans

Thanks for the information. And welcome!

So, how have visiting fans been getting to Accrington? Is there an alternative route, not using Northern Trains?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:30 - Dec 4 with 24609 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:18 - Dec 4 by Superfrans

Thanks for the information. And welcome!

So, how have visiting fans been getting to Accrington? Is there an alternative route, not using Northern Trains?

Sunderland fans are struggling this weekend. They can get to Leeds, Manchester or Preston but then have to get a bus or taxi. (Its 1hr 08 mins from Preston and 1hr 17 mins from Manchester by bus). Buses from Hebden Bridge (on the Leeds line) via Burnley take 1hr 53 mins.

Barnsley fans mainly travelled here via coach or minibus. Coaches drop and pick up on street opposite away exit.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:35 - Dec 4 with 24561 viewsSuperfrans

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:30 - Dec 4 by Stanleyhouse

Sunderland fans are struggling this weekend. They can get to Leeds, Manchester or Preston but then have to get a bus or taxi. (Its 1hr 08 mins from Preston and 1hr 17 mins from Manchester by bus). Buses from Hebden Bridge (on the Leeds line) via Burnley take 1hr 53 mins.

Barnsley fans mainly travelled here via coach or minibus. Coaches drop and pick up on street opposite away exit.

Christ, that sounds like a nightmare.

And, any word on whether the strike will be on on January 5th?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:44 - Dec 4 with 24545 viewscaught-in-limbo

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:08 - Dec 4 by Stanleyhouse

I prefer this version!

Stanly fans must love the FA Cup, every year they get the chance to ram humble "exachly" pie down another team's throats. If you don't do it to us in January it'll be the first time we'll have won a cup match for 134 years!

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:56 - Dec 4 with 24494 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:35 - Dec 4 by Superfrans

Christ, that sounds like a nightmare.

And, any word on whether the strike will be on on January 5th?

No they've confirmed the whole of December. We're hopeful of better news for the new year.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:58 - Dec 4 with 24484 viewsbluejake78

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:30 - Dec 4 by Stanleyhouse

I don't fancy being a coach window licker.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:27 - Dec 4 with 24406 viewsBluebell

We will probably drive. What is parking like?

I understand there is a car park at the ground. Does it take long to get out of after the game?

The reason I ask is that we will never, ever park at the ground at Reading again. Took over an hour to travel the mile back to the M4.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:30 - Dec 4 with 24390 viewsSitfcB

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:27 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

I understand there is a car park at the ground. Does it take long to get out of after the game?

The reason I ask is that we will never, ever park at the ground at Reading again. Took over an hour to travel the mile back to the M4.

We park at the Holiday Inn for Reading.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:33 - Dec 4 with 24385 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:27 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

There is very little parking available at the stadium. Parking is available on surrounding streets (There is no residents only parking scheme). We also arrange free parking at a local school (5 mins away) and cricket club (10 mins). The M65 is just over a mile away. Just park along this route for an easy get away for free.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:34 - Dec 4 with 24374 viewsBluebell

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:30 - Dec 4 by SitfcB

We park at the Holiday Inn for Reading.

I wish you had told me that before the game.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 11:34]
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:35 - Dec 4 with 24370 viewsBluebell

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:33 - Dec 4 by Stanleyhouse

There is very little parking available at the stadium. Parking is available on surrounding streets (There is no residents only parking scheme). We also arrange free parking at a local school (5 mins away) and cricket club (10 mins). The M65 is just over a mile away. Just park along this route for an easy get away for free.

That's good to know. Thanks for that.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:39 - Dec 4 with 24358 viewsitfcpaul

Hi

I have sent you a private message could you have a look and message me back

cheers

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 12:54 - Dec 4 with 24160 viewsTractorCam

Cheers for the info Stanleyhouse, i was thinking about the train but nothing like a good ol strike to shoot you down. Will have to consider alternatives but shall hopefully be at your ground regardless.

Should be good preparation for our league meeting next season, hopefully we can cause an upset and beat you!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 24026 viewsDublinBlue84

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 12:54 - Dec 4 by TractorCam

Cheers for the info Stanleyhouse, i was thinking about the train but nothing like a good ol strike to shoot you down. Will have to consider alternatives but shall hopefully be at your ground regardless.

Should be good preparation for our league meeting next season, hopefully we can cause an upset and beat you!

Same.

Was going to book Stoke tickets as I have to be in Nottingham Friday afternoon for work but the lure of a good old fashioned ground made me think of using money on the Cup instead and to tick off another ground.

Do we know when TV games are announced? Since if it's a Friday night or something then that might throw a spanner in the works!

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 13:44 - Dec 4 with 24018 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I saw a few fans talking about disabled access at Forest on Saturday, they might be interested to know what its like at Accrington.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 16:08 - Dec 4 with 23776 viewsCurrie10

Are you excited to have a bye to the 4th round?

You will 100% win.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 17:58 - Dec 4 with 23579 viewshammo56

Any idea how many wheelchair spaces will be available for away supporters?
On the football ground guide it says 10 but not sure how accurate this information is.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:25 - Dec 4 with 23300 viewsStanleyhouse

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 17:58 - Dec 4 by hammo56

Any idea how many wheelchair spaces will be available for away supporters?
On the football ground guide it says 10 but not sure how accurate this information is.

There's 6 wheelchair places but more can be made available.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 21:27 - Dec 4 with 23179 viewshammo56

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 20:25 - Dec 4 by Stanleyhouse

There's 6 wheelchair places but more can be made available.

Thanks for the quick reply much appreciated.
Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 10:27 - Dec 5 with 22649 viewsSwansea_Blue

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 11:33 - Dec 4 by Stanleyhouse

Free parking!

There's a real football team left on this planet

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town FA cup Third Round on 14:00 - Dec 5 with 22462 viewsJimmyJazz

What are your thoughts on Kayden Jackson? You certainly don't seem to be missing him.

Here he's either seen as not good enough, so far, for the Championship or someone who might come good in time

Generally we're underwhelmed and feel we massively overpaid for him

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024