Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? 13:04 - Dec 4 with 5042 viewsBlueBlood90

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 18:03 - Dec 4 with 4894 viewsBlueBadger

I still, to this day, have nightmares about Drissa Diallo's performances in the playoffs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 18:20 - Dec 4 with 4878 viewsgt81

I can't even remember most of the right backs we've had since 94-95.

It's not a position this club has covered in glory in recent years but Spence stands out as particularly awful - but I will give him credit for filling in decently at centre back at the beginning of last season.
Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 18:25 - Dec 4 with 4864 viewsWD19

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 18:03 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

I still, to this day, have nightmares about Drissa Diallo's performances in the playoffs.

Having seen Freddie Vesili 'play' that position at Stevenage I can say that he made Jordan Spence look like an ideal cross between Dani Alves and Franco Baresi.
Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:01 - Dec 4 with 4810 viewsThisIsMyUsername

In my time of watching Town... potentially, yes.

You could argue for example that when a player like Jack Ainsley was thrown in for a game at RB a few seasons ago he was worse and looked completely out of his depth, but he wasn't a regular choice.

I see BB has mentioned Diallo playing at RB... I can't really remember this personally.

Wilnis (obviously), Makin, Volz, Sito, Wright, even Parr when he played there. All better.

Spence might not look quite as bad if it actually looked like he was trying. The amount of times you see him caught out and jog back so casually is the frustrating thing.

Basically, yeah, he's sh1te.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:02 - Dec 4 with 4806 viewsTractorWood

Zeki Fryers away at Huddersfield a few seasons ago probably gets the worst performance I've ever seen.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:14 - Dec 4 with 4784 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sadly, I think so yes. Although for comic effect Jaime Peters lining up alongside 3 stereotypical Keane big-men, big-forearm types will take some beating.

But I don’t care if he is or isn’t. As long as he’s professional, shows a good attitude and gives all he has for the shirt, you can’t ask for anything else from him. And I think he does on all fronts. It’s not his fault he’s picked.

I don’t like the negative comments thrown his way. He doesn’t deserve them imo. And at games I’ll always support players who wear the shirt as long as they put the effort in and aren’t total a-holes (e.g. Bowyer).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:28 - Dec 4 with 4760 viewsParisBlue

Michael Clegg. On loan from Man Utd.

Shockingly bad...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 4747 viewsgt81

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:28 - Dec 4 by ParisBlue

Michael Clegg. On loan from Man Utd.

Shockingly bad...

We don't have much luck with Cleggs do we?
Login to get fewer ads

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:40 - Dec 4 with 4720 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:02 - Dec 4 by TractorWood

Zeki Fryers away at Huddersfield a few seasons ago probably gets the worst performance I've ever seen.

So so bad

I could probably name 100 players I’ve seen play for Town worse than Spence, ridiculous OP

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:48 - Dec 4 with 4706 viewsbournemouthblue

Poor Chris Casement was thrown in it at right back by Roy Keane despite appearing to be an apprentice no nonsense centre back

A ball player he was not

Edit: I say Chris Casement. I mean Tom Eastman.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 19:50]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:51 - Dec 4 with 4695 viewsBackToRussia

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:40 - Dec 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So so bad

I could probably name 100 players I’ve seen play for Town worse than Spence, ridiculous OP

Is it really that ridiculous? Worst regular right back then.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 19:51]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 20:39 - Dec 4 with 4648 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:51 - Dec 4 by BackToRussia

Is it really that ridiculous? Worst regular right back then.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 19:51]

Last season a lot of people wouldn’t have even considered him the worst right back at the club

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 20:55 - Dec 4 with 4624 viewsTIB

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:01 - Dec 4 by ThisIsMyUsername

In my time of watching Town... potentially, yes.

You could argue for example that when a player like Jack Ainsley was thrown in for a game at RB a few seasons ago he was worse and looked completely out of his depth, but he wasn't a regular choice.

I see BB has mentioned Diallo playing at RB... I can't really remember this personally.

Wilnis (obviously), Makin, Volz, Sito, Wright, even Parr when he played there. All better.

Spence might not look quite as bad if it actually looked like he was trying. The amount of times you see him caught out and jog back so casually is the frustrating thing.

Basically, yeah, he's sh1te.

His lack of effort at times seriously hacks me off. So casual about everything on the pitch. I didn’t think he was a bad squad player to have but he needs to be dropped.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 21:18 - Dec 4 with 4602 viewsSteve_M

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 20:39 - Dec 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Last season a lot of people wouldn’t have even considered him the worst right back at the club

And he still isn't.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 21:19 - Dec 4 with 4595 viewsMullet

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 19:02 - Dec 4 by TractorWood

Left back that day wasn't he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 21:35 - Dec 4 with 4570 viewsPJH

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 21:19 - Dec 4 by Mullet

I think so, I remember most of his mistakes being on our left flank that day.

Joe Davin(1963-1966)was a not very good RB but when you have been lucky enough to see Mick Mills and George Burley in that position then most other's are "not very good" in comparison.
Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 21:40 - Dec 4 with 4550 viewsSomethingBlue

Not even close but then everything these days has to be best/worst. You clearly never watched David Kerslake.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 22:06 - Dec 4 with 4505 viewsTractorWood

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 21:19 - Dec 4 by Mullet

Indeed. I was going as far as to say that was the worst performance I've ever seen in a Town shirt.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 22:23 - Dec 4 with 4473 viewsmonty_radio

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 21:35 - Dec 4 by PJH

I think so, I remember most of his mistakes being on our left flank that day.

Joe Davin(1963-1966)was a not very good RB but when you have been lucky enough to see Mick Mills and George Burley in that position then most other's are "not very good" in comparison.

He came to my mind too.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 22:28 - Dec 4 with 4460 viewsPJH

Is Jordan Spence the worst right back you've seen in an Ipswich shirt? on 22:23 - Dec 4 by monty_radio

He came to my mind too.

Jackie Milburn had a very mixed record for signing's because he brought in such as Jim Thorburm, Joe Davin, Jack Bolton and George Dougan but also gave us Gerry Baker, Frank Brogan, Joe Broadfoot and Danny Hegan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024