Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... 16:20 - Dec 4 with 2254 viewsm14_blue

What do we reckon twtd?

Without thinking about it too deeply, my initial reaction is to sympathise with the copper I reckon.

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 16:49 - Dec 4 with 2203 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

My initial reaction is to wait for the full facts to come out and to remind ourselves that Police Officers are not above the law.

If an armed robber, on a moped, attempting to evade capture is stopped by a Police Car gently nudging them over at minimal speed after pulling alongside them at a corner in a controlled manner, then we can all applaud the officer for their actions in attempting to stop them in a safe and controlled manner in order to avoid a more serious incident.

If an unarmed robber, running away from a shop is mowed down from behind by a Police car that has mounted the kerb to run them over at 50mph then I think we can all be shocked at the disproportionate action.

One of the biggest problems in the educated world right now seems to be Police Officers in America shooting unarmed, mainly black, civilians, many of whom are innocent of any crimes. Shooting them fatally as well without even attempting to simply injure them or limit their capacity if they feel threatened.

The last thing we need is our own Police Officers to be free from appropriate scrutiny. There is always an amount of leeway or benefit that may need to be given to what can seem excessive action when someone may genuinely feel threatened or try to do the right think, but we also need to remember that there will be occasions when even the Police take matters much further than is right or just, even where criminals are involved and deserve little sympathy.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:03 - Dec 4 with 2167 viewsjeera

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 16:49 - Dec 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

My initial reaction is to wait for the full facts to come out and to remind ourselves that Police Officers are not above the law.

If an armed robber, on a moped, attempting to evade capture is stopped by a Police Car gently nudging them over at minimal speed after pulling alongside them at a corner in a controlled manner, then we can all applaud the officer for their actions in attempting to stop them in a safe and controlled manner in order to avoid a more serious incident.

If an unarmed robber, running away from a shop is mowed down from behind by a Police car that has mounted the kerb to run them over at 50mph then I think we can all be shocked at the disproportionate action.

One of the biggest problems in the educated world right now seems to be Police Officers in America shooting unarmed, mainly black, civilians, many of whom are innocent of any crimes. Shooting them fatally as well without even attempting to simply injure them or limit their capacity if they feel threatened.

The last thing we need is our own Police Officers to be free from appropriate scrutiny. There is always an amount of leeway or benefit that may need to be given to what can seem excessive action when someone may genuinely feel threatened or try to do the right think, but we also need to remember that there will be occasions when even the Police take matters much further than is right or just, even where criminals are involved and deserve little sympathy.

Your 1st and last paras are 100%.

Your middle 3 have no relevance here at all. No innocent young men were shot, black or otherwise. The officer[s] involved knew exactly who they were dealing with and why.

"The teenager was charged and later appeared at a youth court where he pleaded guilty to attempted theft, interference with a vehicle, driving with no licence, driving with no insurance, and dangerous driving".

If the copper[s] involved here gets reprimanded then the precedent is set and police might be reluctant in future.

Thieving scum and those using these methods for acid attacks; low-lifes with no respect or concern for others do not deserve too much protection.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 17:04]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:05 - Dec 4 with 2160 viewsm14_blue

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:03 - Dec 4 by jeera

Your 1st and last paras are 100%.

Your middle 3 have no relevance here at all. No innocent young men were shot, black or otherwise. The officer[s] involved knew exactly who they were dealing with and why.

"The teenager was charged and later appeared at a youth court where he pleaded guilty to attempted theft, interference with a vehicle, driving with no licence, driving with no insurance, and dangerous driving".

If the copper[s] involved here gets reprimanded then the precedent is set and police might be reluctant in future.

Thieving scum and those using these methods for acid attacks; low-lifes with no respect or concern for others do not deserve too much protection.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 17:04]

I think the other point to note is how else can you stop a criminal on a moped?

If contact is banned then they will be able to commit these crimes with relative impunity, knowing they’re extremely likely to get away even if they’re unlucky enough to come across one of the seven coppers left on the front line in London.
Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:09 - Dec 4 with 2152 viewsPendejo

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-46440172

Full facts required, however, don't have a problem with matter being investigated to ensure due process followed i.e. Someone gave authority for tactical contact. If authority given them that person has equal responsibility.

These herberts on scooters have been getting away with all sorts, there are at least two video clips from my borough, Lewisham, and something needed to be done. They, scooter boys, need to know there is jeopardy for their action. They believe they won't get caught, they believe cops will back off if they ride dangerously.

Personally, I 'd equip the cops with gaucho balls to use to take down people running away

There does, however, need to be effective oversight as cops can also get out of hand.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:10 - Dec 4 with 2145 viewsjeera

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:05 - Dec 4 by m14_blue

I think the other point to note is how else can you stop a criminal on a moped?

If contact is banned then they will be able to commit these crimes with relative impunity, knowing they’re extremely likely to get away even if they’re unlucky enough to come across one of the seven coppers left on the front line in London.

Exactly.

These chancers only exist because they know no lawman is going to shoot them.

Feck 'em, frankly.

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:12 - Dec 4 with 2137 viewsm14_blue

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:09 - Dec 4 by Pendejo

Full facts required, however, don't have a problem with matter being investigated to ensure due process followed i.e. Someone gave authority for tactical contact. If authority given them that person has equal responsibility.

These herberts on scooters have been getting away with all sorts, there are at least two video clips from my borough, Lewisham, and something needed to be done. They, scooter boys, need to know there is jeopardy for their action. They believe they won't get caught, they believe cops will back off if they ride dangerously.

Personally, I 'd equip the cops with gaucho balls to use to take down people running away

There does, however, need to be effective oversight as cops can also get out of hand.

Think you might have nailed it.
Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:36 - Dec 4 with 2104 viewsstrikalite

I reckon that once they've been knocked off they should then be done further for causing criminal damage to a Police vehicle....

Any good?
Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 18:16 - Dec 4 with 2057 viewsnorth_stand77

No way.

If the thieves can't do the time - don't do the crime.
When is stealing, assault, robbery, acid throwing in any way acceptable?

I don't care what happens to them, they deserve everything they get.
Login to get fewer ads

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 18:53 - Dec 4 with 2016 viewsBenters2

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 18:16 - Dec 4 by north_stand77

No way.

If the thieves can't do the time - don't do the crime.
When is stealing, assault, robbery, acid throwing in any way acceptable?

I don't care what happens to them, they deserve everything they get.

This.
Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 22:48 - Dec 4 with 1931 viewsBrixtonBlue

He should be facing a medal, not charges.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 23:28 - Dec 4 with 1893 viewsCoastalblue

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 17:09 - Dec 4 by Pendejo

Agree with this, I've seen this happening around me and normally to people with chance of defending themselves against it. I live in what is generally considered a "nice, genteel" part of London.

There has to be some chance of these guys getting caught, they all seem to think they have a free hit at the moment. If it means controlled contact then yes I support that, if they are being run over then that's a different matter.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 23:37 - Dec 4 with 1882 viewsjeera

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 23:28 - Dec 4 by Coastalblue

Agree with this, I've seen this happening around me and normally to people with chance of defending themselves against it. I live in what is generally considered a "nice, genteel" part of London.

There has to be some chance of these guys getting caught, they all seem to think they have a free hit at the moment. If it means controlled contact then yes I support that, if they are being run over then that's a different matter.

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 11:23 - Dec 5 with 1750 viewsFurrow

This smells of some fame chasing lawyer.
Same as the one who tried to overturn Brexit on her own, on a technicality that nobody else knew about (even the law lords) and never existed.

Poor misunderstood little souls, is what we will be told by the lawyer. Tell that to the people who were robbed at the end of a gun or a 12 inch blade.
Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 13:38 - Dec 5 with 1693 viewsOhiotractorboy

Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 16:49 - Dec 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

You talk about letting the facts come out, then you talk about something you know nothing about.

"One of the biggest problems in the educated world right now seems to be Police Officers in America shooting unarmed, mainly black, civilians, many of whom are innocent of any crimes. Shooting them fatally as well without even attempting to simply injure them or limit their capacity if they feel threatened."

Police in America are one of the biggest problems in the educated world? Huh? Also, don't assume you know the full facts of these events, as the media in America did not relate the facts in many of these cases, and no one shoots anyone to simply injure them except in Hollywood.
Police Officer who rammed dangerous moped driver could face charges.... on 13:45 - Dec 5 with 1679 viewsNo9

Without wanting to appear to support theft by scoot I am concerned that if this isn't controlled we are allowing the police to be judge & jury, potentially of whether someone lives or not.

Shortages of police is not really a good reason to allow them to maim or kill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024