Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? 21:50 - Dec 4 with 7032 viewsBLUEBEAT

OK, then. No probs. Yay!

🙄

Poll: W or W

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 21:54 - Dec 4 with 5357 viewsPJH

Expect it was Paul Lambert that asked for animosity to be dropped.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 21:54]
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:06 - Dec 4 with 5303 viewsRIPbobby

I am surprised that Lambert has said that. We are the fairest fans in the league and we have been served tosh for years and still we are relatively calm.
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:15 - Dec 4 with 5269 viewsPJH

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:06 - Dec 4 by RIPbobby

I am surprised that Lambert has said that. We are the fairest fans in the league and we have been served tosh for years and still we are relatively calm.

Nearly all of the points raised tonight were about off field matters,some of which some people obviously felt strongly about,but Paul Lambert is just trying to get everybody behind the club/team because that is how we can best have a chance of getting out of this mess.
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:18 - Dec 4 with 5244 viewsRIPbobby

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:15 - Dec 4 by PJH

Nearly all of the points raised tonight were about off field matters,some of which some people obviously felt strongly about,but Paul Lambert is just trying to get everybody behind the club/team because that is how we can best have a chance of getting out of this mess.

But don't we do that almost always anyway?

We don't have fans give their season tickets back to the manager when we are being tonked at home. We don't have too many revolts amongst the fans. We do what Suffolk people do all the time. We just get on with it.

That is why we have had so few managers over the years, we are tolerant.
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:25 - Dec 4 with 5215 viewsPJH

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:18 - Dec 4 by RIPbobby

But don't we do that almost always anyway?

We don't have fans give their season tickets back to the manager when we are being tonked at home. We don't have too many revolts amongst the fans. We do what Suffolk people do all the time. We just get on with it.

That is why we have had so few managers over the years, we are tolerant.

True but I think Paul Lambert want's everybody's energy channeled towards backing the team rather than worrying about "attacking" the club over off field matters-although as I said most of those that raised the points feel strongly about what they said.

I understand that a shareholders AGM is about the only time that those points can be raised but I also understand PL wanting the on field immediate future concentrated on.
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:26 - Dec 4 with 5212 viewstextbackup

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:06 - Dec 4 by RIPbobby

I’ll be honest he’s, he’s hit the nail on the head for me (with how I’m feeling)

Something, and I know what it was, turned me so anti ITFC, I hate I felt this way, and it’s weird as fck because I still loved them dearly, but something died in me about a year ago towards the club.

When hurst came I I tried to make myself believe in him, forced it, don’t know if I ever did, and honestly I don’t even feel like I registered him being here.

Lamberts arrived, I watch him on the touchline, I read his comments, he is giving me something I need in the manager of my club, I crave what he gives, Even if we went down with him as the manager he will receive my full backing. He just gets it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:32 - Dec 4 with 5182 viewsPJH

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:26 - Dec 4 by textbackup

I’ll be honest he’s, he’s hit the nail on the head for me (with how I’m feeling)

Something, and I know what it was, turned me so anti ITFC, I hate I felt this way, and it’s weird as fck because I still loved them dearly, but something died in me about a year ago towards the club.

When hurst came I I tried to make myself believe in him, forced it, don’t know if I ever did, and honestly I don’t even feel like I registered him being here.

Lamberts arrived, I watch him on the touchline, I read his comments, he is giving me something I need in the manager of my club, I crave what he gives, Even if we went down with him as the manager he will receive my full backing. He just gets it.

You and I will never agree over MM-at least the later part of MM being here-but I agree 100% that Paul Lambert really does "just get it".
I like him almost as much as I liked MM!
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:45 - Dec 4 with 5128 viewsPhilTWTD

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 21:54 - Dec 4 by PJH

It was.
Login to get fewer ads

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:52 - Dec 4 with 5110 viewsBLUEBEAT

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 21:54 - Dec 4 by PJH

He hasn’t had to put up with 10 years of dreck, though.

He can’t expect so many layers of disappointment, heartache and anger to disappear overnight just because the new manager has made a few rallying cries and positive comments (especially as results haven’t improved).

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:53 - Dec 4 with 5110 viewscaught-in-limbo

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:45 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

It was.

Animosity towards who or what exactly?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:00 - Dec 4 with 5074 viewsReuser_is_God

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:32 - Dec 4 by PJH

You and I will never agree over MM-at least the later part of MM being here-but I agree 100% that Paul Lambert really does "just get it".
I like him almost as much as I liked MM!

If Lambert is here any decent length of time (let’s say 3 years) I’m absolutely certain he’ll do better here than what Mick did.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:01 - Dec 4 with 5069 viewsReuser_is_God

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:53 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

The club in general.

It’s okay for Lambert to say that, & in a way is correct, but he’s not had to put up with a decade of Marcus Evans.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:27 - Dec 4 with 4989 viewscaught-in-limbo

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:01 - Dec 4 by Reuser_is_God

The club in general.

It’s okay for Lambert to say that, & in a way is correct, but he’s not had to put up with a decade of Marcus Evans.

The one constant, well the biggest one, in recent years is Evans, so it's obvious that he will be held to blame for our steady demise. He may in fact be responsible, but it makes sense Lambert asking for animosity towards Evans to be dropped. We asked for a manager like Hurst and got one. Against all previous Evansyness he then sacked him - which few will argue was wrong. The appointment of Lambert exceeded most people's expectations and no one is in any doubt about the task he faces.

There seems to be a significant number of fans who can only deal with the awfulness of the situation by accepting that we're already down. It's the hope that hurts and all that. Clearly that's not Lambert's belief and I doubt it's in his brief to assume that and build a team to get out of League One.

I think we Town fans have nothing to lose in getting behind Lambert, the players and even Evans until the end of the season. I think most of us are doing just that, but we need to be together and put division aside for now. Not easy I know, but back to back home wins between now and the end of January will provide a huge lift and might just see us moving towards a more hopeful future.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:30 - Dec 4 with 4973 viewsBinner

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:53 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Certain of the players, perhaps?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:33 - Dec 4 with 4961 viewsCoastalblue

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:27 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

The one constant, well the biggest one, in recent years is Evans, so it's obvious that he will be held to blame for our steady demise. He may in fact be responsible, but it makes sense Lambert asking for animosity towards Evans to be dropped. We asked for a manager like Hurst and got one. Against all previous Evansyness he then sacked him - which few will argue was wrong. The appointment of Lambert exceeded most people's expectations and no one is in any doubt about the task he faces.

There seems to be a significant number of fans who can only deal with the awfulness of the situation by accepting that we're already down. It's the hope that hurts and all that. Clearly that's not Lambert's belief and I doubt it's in his brief to assume that and build a team to get out of League One.

I think we Town fans have nothing to lose in getting behind Lambert, the players and even Evans until the end of the season. I think most of us are doing just that, but we need to be together and put division aside for now. Not easy I know, but back to back home wins between now and the end of January will provide a huge lift and might just see us moving towards a more hopeful future.

Good post, agree with it and think we have bigger fish to fry than worrying about whether we get a £10 voucher for Planet Blue this Christmas.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:56 - Dec 4 with 4931 viewsBLUEBEAT

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 23:27 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Thanks for this post, the first paragraph especially.

So true in regards to Evans being un-Evanslike by opting for a promising lower league manager and again sacking him early into his unsuccessful tenure.

My main issue is that Evans always seems to do things ‘on the cheap’, cutting corners wherever possible. Yes, he invests/loses millions on ITFC but is it his biggest loss business? I think not.

Not being a football man and having non-football men fronting the club (Clegg/Milne) is also a big mistake in my opinion. Both consistent with bizarre comments and obviously powerless in any decisive element of the club be it footballing or commercial.

Evans’ lack of contact with the ITFC ‘working class’ fan base (that’s a Paul Lambert quote, FFS!) and the fact he is very rarely here (twice so far this campaign?) gives off an odour of disinterest and cold-heartedness.

I have to say that I would very much welcome a new owner in the shape of the currently fashionable Eastern European/Arabic/Asian nationals rather than a British tax exile.

But how about this...? If Evans was to sell the club, he’d no doubt have to write off the £95M deficit. So why not write it off now and continue at the helm? Everybody would be a lot happier* and the animosity would fade away. A primitive, ridiculous but potentially feasible answer to ITFC’s dark shadow.

* apart from Marcus.

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 00:01 - Dec 5 with 4918 viewsLeagueOne

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 22:15 - Dec 4 by PJH

The problem is we have been here before - in fact the last 2 years the club has been trying to sell this narrative of us being somehow toxic and thats whats causing us to lose football games - well - it's not. Years of under investment has left the club unable to compete with the division and now the old hand has moved on, the holes have gotten bigger and the ship is sinking. Rapidly.

While I wont boo players, I won't stop criticising the people who have brought the downfall of the club nor will will I accept the blame for it. The man at the top needs to turn his guns off of us first before the relationship can even begin to heal. Tonight was proof that the campaign to paint as us toxic, nasty, Ipswich fans was firmly still on.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 00:08 - Dec 5 with 4902 viewsBLUEBEAT

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 00:01 - Dec 5 by LeagueOne

The problem is we have been here before - in fact the last 2 years the club has been trying to sell this narrative of us being somehow toxic and thats whats causing us to lose football games - well - it's not. Years of under investment has left the club unable to compete with the division and now the old hand has moved on, the holes have gotten bigger and the ship is sinking. Rapidly.

While I wont boo players, I won't stop criticising the people who have brought the downfall of the club nor will will I accept the blame for it. The man at the top needs to turn his guns off of us first before the relationship can even begin to heal. Tonight was proof that the campaign to paint as us toxic, nasty, Ipswich fans was firmly still on.

Another good post. Thank you.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 0:08]

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 02:31 - Dec 5 with 4813 viewsshamboy

But a percentage of fans are self-entitled, cruel and destructive, surely? Mick's been castigated for calling them numbskulls which seems as good a word as any, and more compassionate than most.
It is unfashionable, but I welcome the idea of calling wrong, wrong, and not avoiding the issue.
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 04:07 - Dec 5 with 4772 viewsBenters2

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 00:01 - Dec 5 by LeagueOne

You are spot on my friend.

Thats another very honest and open post.
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 04:27 - Dec 5 with 4764 viewsBenters2

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 02:31 - Dec 5 by shamboy

But a percentage of fans are self-entitled, cruel and destructive, surely? Mick's been castigated for calling them numbskulls which seems as good a word as any, and more compassionate than most.
It is unfashionable, but I welcome the idea of calling wrong, wrong, and not avoiding the issue.

Good Morning.

I am one of those 'Numbskulls' you talk of.

Yes i was at Norwich,did i chant Mick Mac your football is sh1t,yes i did.Did me and the others force Bart to come flying out of his box and fk up clearing the ball,no it didnt.

Was i worried that Mick Mac told us to Fk off no of course not.

I wasnt at Brentford though where dear old Mick got bottled (which never happened) but the snowflakes believe it did.

Even the more sensible posters on here admit it was time for a change of manager.

Now we find ourselves in a right old state and at the bottom of the table,thats not the fans fault,its the owners.

Sadly years of underfunding have finally caught us up.
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 07:27 - Dec 5 with 4624 viewsTractorWood

Good post and agree with all, in theory. However, 'getting behind' a team that is irrefutably awful and makes ridiculous errors every game is almost impossible in practice. Middlesbrough, West Brom, and Forest could have all been cricket scores.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 07:29 - Dec 5 with 4617 viewsOxford_Blue

“We are the fairest fans in the league”.

How on earth do you measure that?
Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 07:35 - Dec 5 with 4606 viewsTractorWood

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 07:29 - Dec 5 by Oxford_Blue

“We are the fairest fans in the league”.

How on earth do you measure that?

Anywhere else a manager who hasn't won a game in 5 in a relegation scrap would be under pressure. There was an open letter thanking him last week!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 07:57 - Dec 5 with 4574 viewsBenters2

Milne pleads with fans/shareholders to drop animosity? on 07:35 - Dec 5 by TractorWood

Anywhere else a manager who hasn't won a game in 5 in a relegation scrap would be under pressure. There was an open letter thanking him last week!

Lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024