Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any recommended energy suppliers? 14:12 - Dec 5 with 1894 viewsmaccyd9

Looking to move from British Gas but there are so many and you never know if they are reputable or not.
Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:15 - Dec 5 with 1883 viewsBlueBadger

Bulb are pretty good. I managed to knock around twenty quid a month off my bill last year.

I'll PM you a link.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:16 - Dec 5 with 1880 viewsBasuco

OVO are very good.
Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:17 - Dec 5 with 1874 viewsBrixtonBlue

Fyffes Bananas.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:17 - Dec 5 with 1876 viewsNo9

It really is buyer beware. I understand more than 20 small energy suppliers have gone to the wall this year so far lleaving customers in the lurch.
It is almost impossible to get real unbiased advice now as the DoE doesn't answer the phone but re-directs your call to the Citizens Advice Beureau & they really do't have the necessary to give answers
Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:19 - Dec 5 with 1870 viewsjeera

Recently changed to Bulb, cheaper than the likes of BG and promote green energy etc.

Nuisance at first, having to dig the road up to lay their own pipes et al, but once sorted it's been fine.

When comparing companies, all I want to see is what they charge per unit price and their standing charges. We don't need anything else, but in the interest of fair competition or something, firms are no longer obliged to make this clear at first glance.

Unnecessarily frustrating.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:20 - Dec 5 with 1871 viewsMeadowlark

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub?gclid=Cj0KCQiAi57gBRDqARIsABhD
Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:30 - Dec 5 with 1838 viewsNo9

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:20 - Dec 5 by Meadowlark

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub?gclid=Cj0KCQiAi57gBRDqARIsABhD

Anythign Martin Lewis recommends is undoubtedly, buyer beware
Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:31 - Dec 5 with 1839 viewsBlueBadger

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:20 - Dec 5 by Meadowlark

Out of interest I gave that a go. The cheapest one on offer would cost me nearly 20 quid a month more.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 15:01 - Dec 5 with 1802 viewsHarry_Palmer

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:31 - Dec 5 by BlueBadger

Out of interest I gave that a go. The cheapest one on offer would cost me nearly 20 quid a month more.

Not surprising as prices have gone up quite a bit in recent months, I suspect when your current deal runs out you will do well to find anything that matches it.

I will have the same problem when mine expires in February, which in answer to the OP is with a company called Tonik who I would recommend. Good price, good customer service, decent website etc.
Any recommended energy suppliers? on 15:50 - Dec 5 with 1751 viewsStirlingArcher

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 14:17 - Dec 5 by No9

It really is buyer beware. I understand more than 20 small energy suppliers have gone to the wall this year so far lleaving customers in the lurch.
It is almost impossible to get real unbiased advice now as the DoE doesn't answer the phone but re-directs your call to the Citizens Advice Beureau & they really do't have the necessary to give answers

This !!

also - when the residential price cap comes in, you'll find less and less smaller suppliers.

what was meant to introduce more choice and competition, has ironically, killed off most current and future competition
Any recommended energy suppliers? on 16:54 - Dec 5 with 1716 viewsitfcjoe

Have a look into Flipper mate, I've just signed up and it's really good.

They scan market every month and flip you when it works out it will save you £50 a year and there is an annual fee of £25 to pay.

I was with Scottish Power and currently with Avro Energy who they have flipped me to.

They do all the donkey work too, first month is a bit of a hassle but once that is done it works really well and ensures you keep with cheapest tarriff.

Saved me about £60 a month

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 16:55 - Dec 5 with 1713 viewsSouperJim

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 16:54 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Have a look into Flipper mate, I've just signed up and it's really good.

They scan market every month and flip you when it works out it will save you £50 a year and there is an annual fee of £25 to pay.

I was with Scottish Power and currently with Avro Energy who they have flipped me to.

They do all the donkey work too, first month is a bit of a hassle but once that is done it works really well and ensures you keep with cheapest tarriff.

Saved me about £60 a month

I've also recently signed up to flipper, no real experience of it so far as they can't beat my current tariff as it stands (or even get close). I'm with Scottish Power, who seem decent.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 16:57 - Dec 5 with 1710 viewsitfcjoe

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 16:55 - Dec 5 by SouperJim

I've also recently signed up to flipper, no real experience of it so far as they can't beat my current tariff as it stands (or even get close). I'm with Scottish Power, who seem decent.

Scottish Power were dreadful for me, allowed me to get £800 in debit despite increasing my DD by £100 a month over a 9 month period and me giving them relatively regular meter readings - amazed they can't be beaten.

Did you select option to use all providers or just the main ones?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 17:00 - Dec 5 with 1699 viewsSouperJim

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 16:57 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Scottish Power were dreadful for me, allowed me to get £800 in debit despite increasing my DD by £100 a month over a 9 month period and me giving them relatively regular meter readings - amazed they can't be beaten.

Did you select option to use all providers or just the main ones?

Blimey, how high is your bill to run up £800 despite paying an extra £100 per month?

All providers. Might well be because I'm fixed into a deal or whatever at present.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 17:07 - Dec 5 with 1684 viewsflimflam

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/413569/energy-suppliers/#40

[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 17:09]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Any recommended energy suppliers? on 17:10 - Dec 5 with 1675 viewswkj

I went with OVO, best supplier ive had for a long time, Co-op started well but turned right shilt last year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024