Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? 14:31 - Dec 5 with 2663 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/suffolk-highways-report-a14-eastbount-blocked

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 14:36 - Dec 5 with 2645 viewsKeno

I know this!!!

Is it make way for all the money flowing out of Ipswich into Marcus's bank account??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 14:41 - Dec 5 with 2620 viewsDeano69

To assist recovery? Bit Windy? Police Incident Scene? Could be many reasons.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 14:57 - Dec 5 with 2579 viewsGeoffSentence

Is the Orwell Bridge closed?

I know it says so in that report, but it may be guff since it also says this:

"The AA Traffic News website says: “Road blocked and slow traffic due to rolled over vehicle on A14 Eastbound from J57 A1189 Nacton Road to J58 A12 (Seven Hills)."

That's not the Orwell Bridge

And the Orwell Bridge Webcam shows traffic on it, though snarled up one way

Wouldn't surprise me if the Star has got its reporting wrong

Edit: I can confirm that the Orwell Bridge is not closed, WifeSentence has just driven home over it, traffic is clear Westbound, but Eastbound tailback goes back to the Copdock Mill Interchange
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 15:24]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 16:38 - Dec 5 with 2486 viewsDeano69

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 14:57 - Dec 5 by GeoffSentence

Is the Orwell Bridge closed?

I know it says so in that report, but it may be guff since it also says this:

"The AA Traffic News website says: “Road blocked and slow traffic due to rolled over vehicle on A14 Eastbound from J57 A1189 Nacton Road to J58 A12 (Seven Hills)."

That's not the Orwell Bridge

And the Orwell Bridge Webcam shows traffic on it, though snarled up one way

Wouldn't surprise me if the Star has got its reporting wrong

Edit: I can confirm that the Orwell Bridge is not closed, WifeSentence has just driven home over it, traffic is clear Westbound, but Eastbound tailback goes back to the Copdock Mill Interchange
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 15:24]

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/a14-orwell-bridge-suffolk-reopens-after-overt

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 18:16 - Dec 5 with 2424 viewsartsbossbeard

Knudsen's fault.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 18:23 - Dec 5 with 2404 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Highway to Hell or the Road to Nowhere

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 18:43 - Dec 5 with 2370 viewsm14_blue

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 18:16 - Dec 5 by artsbossbeard

Knudsen's fault.

A proper international full back would at least have kept it open in one direction.

Don’t get me started on Spence...
So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 18:47 - Dec 5 with 2351 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 18:16 - Dec 5 by artsbossbeard

Knudsen's fault.

Unbelievable, spending time closing bridges when he should be closing down his man.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Login to get fewer ads

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 19:17 - Dec 5 with 2300 viewsVic

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 18:47 - Dec 5 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Unbelievable, spending time closing bridges when he should be closing down his man.

I think this time he got too close to him, trip him up. Went down like a juggernaut.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 20:15 - Dec 5 with 2227 viewsTrequartista

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 16:38 - Dec 5 by Deano69

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/a14-orwell-bridge-suffolk-reopens-after-overt

why does the newspaper keep insisting the bridge was closed whilst displaying tweets from the highways agency that say no such thing?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 20:33 - Dec 5 with 2203 viewsGeoffSentence

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 16:38 - Dec 5 by Deano69

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 22:39 - Dec 5 with 2114 viewsBloomBlue

What they need is a new Orwell car ferry to help when they close the bridge.
So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 22:43 - Dec 5 with 2111 viewsstonojnr

So why is the Orwell Bridge closed in BOTH directions? on 20:33 - Dec 5 by GeoffSentence

which is a technicality in terming, no doubt because "closing" the bridge is an offical status which leads to them getting lots more grief, because there was alot of traffic going nowhere very fast on it, so it was effectively closed East bound at least,

which is why all the East bound traffic was still navigating the A1214 at 7pm and traffic was queued up for miles in town,and on the back roads, and upto 9miles at one point on the A14.

closed or not, park a lorry at 90 degrees near it on its side across the A14, it might as well have been closed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024