Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town 15:44 - Dec 5 with 1181 viewsLeagueOne

In the short term that does likely mean he's not going to be backing the manager significantly during the window and will probably mean our relegation.

In the long term, it's going to be the best thing to bring in new leadership. The Championship got too rich for him, and we seemed to walk from one disaster into another during his tenure and it's best for both parties to move on. Of all his managerial appointments - Keane, Jewell, McCarthy, Hurst and Lambert - every single one of those managers, who had success elsewhere had a relegation battle while here.

While admittedly I was never his biggest fan and don't believe he's been a leader here, I appreciate the fact he did fund it for the last decade even if ultimately it's been a big failure. I really do think selling the club would be the best option for everyone now, to whom, thats the biggest problem.

Following on from the thread yesterday, it would be a nice idea to sell a % of the club to those supporters willing to put their hands in their pockets. Last time shares were on sale, we were in a different place and many of us didn't see the need, or the urgency for fan input and ownership at that time. I feel differently now, and i'd be happy to cough up for a small % to support the club. It won't likely happen though.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:45 - Dec 5 with 1166 viewswkj

You invested a lot of words on this hearsay: I think this is an unhealthy assumption until something official comes out.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:46 - Dec 5 with 1153 viewsIllinoisblue

what purpose would fans chucking in a few grand here and there actually serve?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:48 - Dec 5 with 1134 viewsGooders7592

Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:46 - Dec 5 by Illinoisblue

The debt would only be £94,998,000.
Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:49 - Dec 5 with 1125 viewsLeagueOne

Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:45 - Dec 5 by wkj

You invested a lot of words on this hearsay: I think this is an unhealthy assumption until something official comes out.

Maybe so, but that same hearsay suggested Hurst was a goner before the Leeds game - so not always wrong.

As I said, I wouldn't blame the man. He's either got to dig deep and pay out a significant chunk to keep us in the Championship, or lose a significant chunk going down to League One. We're a million miles off the Premier League, which was his ambition, so the idea he's looking to sell is not unrealistic at all.

I doubt he'd get the £35 million for it. If he does he will have done well.

Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:51 - Dec 5 with 1113 viewsagentp

We'll need to buy a field near Bury st Edmunds and a few sheds to use as changing rooms in our beautiful re-birth as Ipswich AFC

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Marcus Evans selling Ipswich Town on 15:53 - Dec 5 with 1088 viewsLeagueOne

A collective input in our community club. My grandfather was mates with old man Cobbold himself, the club has been in my blood and I hurt seeing what's happened to it - I wish i'd have put my hand up in 2003 or whenever and done something positive rather than remain on the sidelines, even if the input was small. If we all had that attitude we might have been in this mess, so I take some of the blame. The debt then was only 25mil!! Pocketchange ;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024