Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner 16:39 - Dec 6 with 5160 viewsVic

....a list of the players he wants in January.

I fear that Lambers is about the find out the hard way just how poor we are at negotiating and signing players.

He wants them in right at the start of the window? He's dreaming isn't he? Or will our leopard change his spots?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 16:43 - Dec 6 with 5133 viewsstrikalite

I think even ME understands that we're going to have to bring in two or three players, they will all be loans until the end of the season so not too much hardship if we do go down..
Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 16:47 - Dec 6 with 5118 viewsJ2BLUE

Ahh but he's taking a more hands on approach now...something we hear every window.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 16:51 - Dec 6 with 5093 viewsfooters

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 16:47 - Dec 6 by J2BLUE

Ahh but he's taking a more hands on approach now...something we hear every window.

Oh cheer up you miserable sod!

Christmas is here, have some hope in your heart. I've just been watching the presser and one encouraging quote was that PL has told ME exactly what he thinks of the club, its position and what could happen.

I have faith that ME isn't daft. If he listens to Lambert and looks at his list, he'll know exactly what needs doing and do it. Whether PL's magic plan will work, who knows, but for us to fall into L1 would be disaster for Evans.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 16:55]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 17:30 - Dec 6 with 5012 viewsJ2BLUE

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 16:51 - Dec 6 by footers

Oh cheer up you miserable sod!

Christmas is here, have some hope in your heart. I've just been watching the presser and one encouraging quote was that PL has told ME exactly what he thinks of the club, its position and what could happen.

I have faith that ME isn't daft. If he listens to Lambert and looks at his list, he'll know exactly what needs doing and do it. Whether PL's magic plan will work, who knows, but for us to fall into L1 would be disaster for Evans.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 16:55]

I still think we'll survive. Although not anywhere near as confident as I was.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 18:06 - Dec 6 with 4946 viewsScuzzer

He's making a list
He's checking it twice;
He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice
Just who is coming to town?

Established 1968

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 18:09 - Dec 6 with 4938 viewsNo9

We have to hope that PL's selection of players is better than some of the previous managers.
Maybe if the players look the part, the Owner will fund the transfer fees.
Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 19:04 - Dec 6 with 4859 viewsBloomBlue

Crouch as our new no9 and Ruddy as our new no1
Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 07:15 - Dec 7 with 4565 viewsbontcho

The only deals we’ll do are loans or those deals where a player cancels his contract to join us. We can do a maximum of 3 loans (I’m assuming Pennington and Chalobah stay, the other loanees go and Donacien gets his clearance). Given that I’d prioritise-

A striker
A right back
A central midfielder (especially if Skise is a long term absentee)

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 07:19 - Dec 7 with 4555 viewschristiand

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 16:43 - Dec 6 by strikalite

I think even ME understands that we're going to have to bring in two or three players, they will all be loans until the end of the season so not too much hardship if we do go down..

Loans make sense to me, especially with our precarious position. There's not a long term financial commitment to the new players either with us looking at the possibility of League One football next season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:01 - Dec 7 with 4388 viewscarlisleaway

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 07:19 - Dec 7 by christiand

Loans make sense to me, especially with our precarious position. There's not a long term financial commitment to the new players either with us looking at the possibility of League One football next season.

If we are looking for 3 loan players in January, who will we be shipping out.
Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:33 - Dec 7 with 4315 viewsITFC_Forever

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:01 - Dec 7 by carlisleaway

If we are looking for 3 loan players in January, who will we be shipping out.

Edun
Graham (loan can't formally end until Janaury)
Walters (still on loan until January. Injured until March)

And I don't know if we can end Donacien's loan as well, cancel the agreement to sign permanently and send him back (ready to score against us on 5th January).

That will just leave Trev and Pennington on loan.

Added to that, we could recall the likes of Nydam as well.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:40 - Dec 7 with 4291 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Marcus will recognise the gravity of the situation and the amount of games we can miss if we don't get them in early. He will be on it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 4283 viewsRadlett_blue

I'm sure Lambert by now has a good idea of the type of player he wants & a short list of affordable loans. However, while we may want to do our business early, the club who own the player's registration are under no pressure to do a deal & understandably the player might want to weigh up his options.
I'd be very surprised if we did much business early in January.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 4283 viewsJimmyJazz

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:33 - Dec 7 by ITFC_Forever

Edun
Graham (loan can't formally end until Janaury)
Walters (still on loan until January. Injured until March)

And I don't know if we can end Donacien's loan as well, cancel the agreement to sign permanently and send him back (ready to score against us on 5th January).

That will just leave Trev and Pennington on loan.

Added to that, we could recall the likes of Nydam as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Chalobah sent back too

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 10:12 - Dec 7 with 4219 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 09:43 - Dec 7 by JimmyJazz

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Chalobah sent back too

No way will that happen, and it shouldn't.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 10:16 - Dec 7 with 4209 viewsGooders7592

Striker
Winger
Possibly centre mid (depending what happens with Skuse)
Right back
Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 10:49 - Dec 7 with 4136 viewsBenters2

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 16:47 - Dec 6 by J2BLUE

Yep every transfer window it’s the same bolox.

Town linked with such and such player this and such and such player that.

It goes something like this,a player is worth £3m,towen put in a bid of £1.5m,the said player doesn’t come and goes else where.

The happy clappers preach to the numbskulls at least we are trying!

We are like a washing machine stuck on a program rinse and repeat.This time though the filter is also blocked!
Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 12:12 - Dec 7 with 4068 viewsJimmyJazz

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 10:12 - Dec 7 by JammyDodgerrr

No way will that happen, and it shouldn't.

Think it will depend on requirements coming in, we need a keeper if unable to sign one it’ll need to be a loan

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 12:16 - Dec 7 with 4048 viewsReuser_is_God

I'd be ecstatic if we have 3 in before the Rotherham game on 12th

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Boss Paul Lambert has revealed he has given owner on 12:21 - Dec 7 with 4033 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wonder though if Evans is being kept out of it other than being able to set a level of finances to it.

The new Manager of football operations mentioned 'a team' of people are already assisting with new recruitment possibilities, something that's never really been said before.

He could just be talking about scouts etc, but could be a lambert move of setting up a recruitment team...

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024