Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been to Skopje? 13:15 - Dec 7 with 1216 viewsjimsymBLUE

Just sorting out somewhere a bit different for long weekend of drunken debauchery. Prices look ridiculously cheap, what's the beer and vino scene like. We're all a bit old so not worried about late night clubs etc as will probably have fallen asleep/into a coma during dinner anyway.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Anyone been to Skopje? on 13:19 - Dec 7 with 1204 viewsTJS

Not actually been to Skopje myself but I have met quite a few Macedonians in the past and from what they've said its a fairly conservative place so I'm not sure they would put up with too much drunken debauchery.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 13:19]
Anyone been to Skopje? on 13:24 - Dec 7 with 1180 viewsjimsymBLUE

Anyone been to Skopje? on 13:19 - Dec 7 by TJS

Not actually been to Skopje myself but I have met quite a few Macedonians in the past and from what they've said its a fairly conservative place so I'm not sure they would put up with too much drunken debauchery.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 13:19]

We are pretty well behaved these days, well past our primes. Just want to make sure there is a bit of variety about.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Anyone been to Skopje? on 13:33 - Dec 7 with 1152 viewsOldfieldBlue

Anyone been to Skopje? on 13:24 - Dec 7 by jimsymBLUE

We are pretty well behaved these days, well past our primes. Just want to make sure there is a bit of variety about.

I've been. Enjoyed the old town, where there are a few good places for a beer. Didn't seem overly lively but it was mid-March. As a plus it is very cheap.

Personally, I preferred Ohrid. But then I was with the Mrs and not a big group.
Anyone been to Skopje? on 13:36 - Dec 7 with 1138 viewsSuperblue95

Say hi to Veliche if you see him

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone been to Skopje? on 18:22 - Dec 7 with 1073 viewsDarth_Koont

It was cheap as chips back in 1990 too. Food was good and beers were plentiful - just be really careful with the slivovitz plum brandy. Some of it is literally off the charts as it's moonshine, made at home. I'm sure much is still the same but that was just a year before everything kicked off in Yugoslavia so who knows?

Go for it! Sounds like an adventure and would be interesting to hear what you make of it in 2018.

Edit: Just to add, I was there during a baking hot summer with everyone out in the street so no idea how that translates to December if there's a North-Easterly blowing in from the Ukraine.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 18:30]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024