Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. 22:39 - Dec 7 with 6836 viewsVic

I know nothing about them - tips and recommendations please guys and girls.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 22:49 - Dec 7 with 4001 viewsSpruceMoose

How do you like your coffee?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 22:52 - Dec 7 with 3996 viewsJ2BLUE

Pod machine or bean to cup?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 22:58 - Dec 7 with 3977 viewsSpruceMoose

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 22:52 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

I bet you're the kind who drinks cappuccino after 10:30am ain't ya?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:23 - Dec 7 with 3939 viewsVic

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 22:52 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

Don’t know! What’s best?

I like the idea of grinding my coffee, but not sure if that’s worth the phaff.

Which works out cheaper? Aren’t pods expensive?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:25 - Dec 7 with 3935 viewsJ2BLUE

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 22:58 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

I bet you're the kind who drinks cappuccino after 10:30am ain't ya?

I don't, but i'm intrigued now, what's wrong with that?

Truly impaired.

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:29 - Dec 7 with 3930 viewsfactual_blue

Get one of these for about a tenner

Spend the other ninety quid on decent coffee.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:32 - Dec 7 with 3918 viewsgainsboroughblue

Don't buy one now

If you still really want one in a couple of months, then get one.

I say this 'cos I got one. Used it for about a week. It's now in a cupboard in the spare room.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 23:33]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:33 - Dec 7 with 3916 viewsfactual_blue

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:25 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

I don't, but i'm intrigued now, what's wrong with that?

As far as the Italians are concerned, a cappuccino is for breakfast. And don't ask for a latte in Italy.

Login to get fewer ads

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:35 - Dec 7 with 3906 viewsJ2BLUE

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:33 - Dec 7 by factual_blue

As far as the Italians are concerned, a cappuccino is for breakfast. And don't ask for a latte in Italy.

Why not?

Truly impaired.

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:36 - Dec 7 with 3903 viewsfactual_blue

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:35 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

Why not?

Because a latte isn't a real coffee, and they'll probably kill you for your philistinism.

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:38 - Dec 7 with 3901 viewsJ2BLUE

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:36 - Dec 7 by factual_blue

Because a latte isn't a real coffee, and they'll probably kill you for your philistinism.

We didn't vote out of the EU to be dictated to by some Italian mug. They'll make me a latte and they'll bloody well like it.

Truly impaired.

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:52 - Dec 7 with 3881 viewsfactual_blue

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:38 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

We didn't vote out of the EU to be dictated to by some Italian mug. They'll make me a latte and they'll bloody well like it.

They'll send Luca Brasi to discuss the matter with you

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 00:01 - Dec 8 with 3867 viewsXYZ

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:29 - Dec 7 by factual_blue

Get one of these for about a tenner

Spend the other ninety quid on decent coffee.

Defo, but stainless steel, not aluminium unless you want your brain changed.

Italians haven't a clue with coffee. All they have is mistaken habits they hang on to.
Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 00:24 - Dec 8 with 3836 viewsRyorry

Best instant coffee I've ever had - and I used to be a purist who did the whole grind-your-own & cafetiere thing, but pretty much stopped drinking it because of the 20 mins faffing around then washing it up etc. This (Alta Rica) is just as good, and takes 30 secs to stick 1.5 teaspoons in a mug, then pour on the just-boiled water - has got me back into coffee-drinking again, whether or not that's a Good Thing!

https://www.nescafe.co.uk/new-nescaf%C3%A9-gold/goldblend/nescaf%C3%A9-alta-rica
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 0:27]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 00:55 - Dec 8 with 3806 viewsJ2BLUE

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 00:24 - Dec 8 by Ryorry

Best instant coffee I've ever had - and I used to be a purist who did the whole grind-your-own & cafetiere thing, but pretty much stopped drinking it because of the 20 mins faffing around then washing it up etc. This (Alta Rica) is just as good, and takes 30 secs to stick 1.5 teaspoons in a mug, then pour on the just-boiled water - has got me back into coffee-drinking again, whether or not that's a Good Thing!

https://www.nescafe.co.uk/new-nescaf%C3%A9-gold/goldblend/nescaf%C3%A9-alta-rica

With or without milk?

Truly impaired.

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 00:59 - Dec 8 with 3795 viewsRyorry

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 00:55 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

With or without milk?

You should know by now hun

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 01:03 - Dec 8 with 3791 viewsXYZ

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 00:24 - Dec 8 by Ryorry

FFS don't be a dill.

If you want instant coffee then just use a cafetiere. There's plenty of decent ground coffees available. Infinitely better than any "instant" ever.
Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 01:21 - Dec 8 with 3773 viewsSpruceMoose

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 01:03 - Dec 8 by XYZ

FFS don't be a dill.

If you want instant coffee then just use a cafetiere. There's plenty of decent ground coffees available. Infinitely better than any "instant" ever.

How about we let people enjoy what they enjoy? Other than J2. His culinary choices are a danger to us all.

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 01:33 - Dec 8 with 3748 viewsjeera

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 23:36 - Dec 7 by factual_blue

What's Phil got to do with it?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 1:39]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 02:17 - Dec 8 with 3725 viewsRyorry

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 01:03 - Dec 8 by XYZ

FFS don't be a dill.

Thanks for the compliment, dill is brill :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dill

Oh, and btw, I can't tell the difference between Alta Rica and your "decent ground" coffee - except the latter quickly goes stale, I can tell the difference then! And I'm also still very happy not to have to spend time washing up the cafetiera with its annoying, sink-clogging, grounds. Cheers!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 2:19]

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 02:25 - Dec 8 with 3714 viewswkj

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Anti-Drip-Functions-Stainless/dp/B01NAHAZL

I got one of these for an early Christmas present, I love it... a lot... I call it Mrs WKJ to be honest Vic, and I am all about sharing the love.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 07:25 - Dec 8 with 3615 viewsjjblue84

Have a good think about it then realise you really like coffee that much...
Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 08:06 - Dec 8 with 3559 viewsBenters2

Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 22:49 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

How do you like your coffee?

Black like my men,i havent read the whole thread..

c/o Airplane
Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 08:20 - Dec 8 with 3533 viewscinnamonITFC

For £100, I probably wouldn’t bother with a proper coffee machine. Quality would be terrible.

You could try pods. I have one and used it loads initially, now hardly ever. If you do go pods though, definitely get nespresso, not any of the knock offs. Just because most alternative brand pods are for nespresso type machines.

However, my recommendation is to spend around £30 and get an ‘aero press’. Honestly, the best coffee I’ve had and takes about half the time of a cafetière. No faffing with the washing up like with a cafetière. You’ll get a much better coffee with that than with a £100 machine.
Look it up.
Looking to buy a coffee machine around the £100 mark. on 08:27 - Dec 8 with 3516 viewsMullet

Decent grinder, V60 filter and jug. Spend the rest on coffee. It's a slower method (5-10 mins)

For £100 you'll not get anything great. A friend brought me a Tassimo for Xmas, which was lovely but it's sat in the cupboard since January because the pods cost a fortune and aren't better than DIY.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024