Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters 17:04 - Dec 8 with 3493 viewsDarth_Koont

We made Stoke look average, indeed we had the edge over the 90 minutes.

But two moments of quality decided the game (as well as us lacking that incisive quality when we were in good positions).

So much encouraging stuff from the team as a whole (and Lankester and Downes were excellent throughout) but we need points. And likely an injection of real quality so we can turn performances into draws and wins.

This is starting to feel inevitable.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:06 - Dec 8 with 3466 viewsLankHenners

We're a bunch of triers. That's it. We've not got the quality to get anything out of these sorts of games and we've already shown we really struggle to put away weaker teams. Hard to see any way out, barring a miracle.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:11 - Dec 8 with 3414 viewspatrickswell

It's been inevitable for weeks. Four defeats on the bounce now - that's back into the Jewell days. It doesn't matter what positives Lambert tries to bring, we are done - no heart, no fight, no quality, no belief. People talk about January but unless he has superheroes on his list of targets, it will surely be beyond anyone he brings in to turn this around from this far back.
Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:12 - Dec 8 with 3397 viewsDarth_Koont

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:06 - Dec 8 by LankHenners

We're a bunch of triers. That's it. We've not got the quality to get anything out of these sorts of games and we've already shown we really struggle to put away weaker teams. Hard to see any way out, barring a miracle.

A team of triers would be enough if we had that bit of quality to put the ball away or set up better chances. I'm not giving up totally but, with games like today being so close, we need a talisman to shift the margins in our favour.

We're coming away with a 2-0 loss when we could have won that game.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:15 - Dec 8 with 3362 viewsDarth_Koont

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:11 - Dec 8 by patrickswell

It's been inevitable for weeks. Four defeats on the bounce now - that's back into the Jewell days. It doesn't matter what positives Lambert tries to bring, we are done - no heart, no fight, no quality, no belief. People talk about January but unless he has superheroes on his list of targets, it will surely be beyond anyone he brings in to turn this around from this far back.

"no heart, no fight, no quality, no belief" - well, that's mostly rubbish. There was plenty of heart and fight today, plus the belief looks to be there to a surprising extent. Quality is definitely an issue but nothing the available players and Lambert can do about that yet.

Literally nothing like the Jewell days.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:19 - Dec 8 with 3314 viewsNWBlue

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:15 - Dec 8 by Darth_Koont

"no heart, no fight, no quality, no belief" - well, that's mostly rubbish. There was plenty of heart and fight today, plus the belief looks to be there to a surprising extent. Quality is definitely an issue but nothing the available players and Lambert can do about that yet.

Well if we are playing well and still losing God help us when we hit a run of bad form.
Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:20 - Dec 8 with 3308 viewsFtnfwest

To put in in perspective the two goal scorers cost a total of £23m which may seem like rolling out the usual moans about the share of finances in the game but its pretty difficult to compete against. League One doesn’t hold any dread for me but as long as they fight to the end that’s all we can ask.
Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:21 - Dec 8 with 3289 viewschristiand

'Coulda, woulda and shoulda.' It's no fluke a team is bottom of the league after 21 games with 1 solitary win, it's not solely down to bad luck. Yes, the team have looked better under PL's guidance, but we're now not getting anything from games and slowly drifting further away from safety. Personally, I'd start building a side for next season in League One, play the youngsters, but we need better experienced professionals around them to develop them. They'd be my targets in January, believe survival is futile now!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:21 - Dec 8 with 3278 viewsBraveDave

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:15 - Dec 8 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. It's all about quality. We need a few players in, but IF we had one proven goalscorer, we would not be in the position we're in. That was basically the difference today. Not saying we wouldn't struggle, but we would be a few points better off
Login to get fewer ads

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:28 - Dec 8 with 3216 viewsDarth_Koont

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:19 - Dec 8 by NWBlue

Well if we are playing well and still losing God help us when we hit a run of bad form.

Indeed. But if we have that bit of quality we could do what Stoke did today - play pretty poorly and get a comfortable win.

Currently, we could overpower teams and still struggle to score or cough up a goal at the other end.

Hugely frustrating the players we've sold and how we've spent the money — especially when most of the quality on show is coming from our own youngsters who have now been given a bigger role.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:29 - Dec 8 with 3199 viewsDarth_Koont

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:21 - Dec 8 by christiand

'Coulda, woulda and shoulda.' It's no fluke a team is bottom of the league after 21 games with 1 solitary win, it's not solely down to bad luck. Yes, the team have looked better under PL's guidance, but we're now not getting anything from games and slowly drifting further away from safety. Personally, I'd start building a side for next season in League One, play the youngsters, but we need better experienced professionals around them to develop them. They'd be my targets in January, believe survival is futile now!

Who said it was down to bad luck?

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:38 - Dec 8 with 3140 viewsFootballpete

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:11 - Dec 8 by patrickswell

It's been inevitable for years not weeks. We've been in decline since Coventry away in August 2009. We were only ever getting out of this division one way since then. The lack of investment in January the 2 season it could've made a difference showed that.

Still, if the worst does happen at least there'll be terracing away lots of games next season.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:39 - Dec 8 with 3132 viewsmrshallisfit

And that quality demands real investment. We are only going to get loans this Jan. Will there be good enough.
Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:41 - Dec 8 with 3100 viewsDarth_Koont

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:39 - Dec 8 by mrshallisfit

And that quality demands real investment. We are only going to get loans this Jan. Will there be good enough.

Could be. Not saying we're going to get a Gio but probably easier to loan in the quality we need than to buy it outright unless we pay 10+ million.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:43 - Dec 8 with 3080 viewschristiand

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:29 - Dec 8 by Darth_Koont

Who said it was down to bad luck?

Plenty read some of the posts on numerous threads!!!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 17:43]

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:45 - Dec 8 with 3059 viewsSomethingBlue

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:43 - Dec 8 by christiand

You're spending lots of time knocking down straw men these days fella. Relax.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:58 - Dec 8 with 2990 viewschristiand

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:45 - Dec 8 by SomethingBlue

You're spending lots of time knocking down straw men these days fella. Relax.

Just passing comment on what’s been said. I’m calm, I already know and accept we’re down.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:00 - Dec 8 with 2969 viewsDarth_Koont

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:43 - Dec 8 by christiand

Who's saying we're unlucky? I hope you put them straight rather than posting on a random thread.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:02 - Dec 8 with 2952 viewsSomethingBlue

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 17:58 - Dec 8 by christiand

Just passing comment on what’s been said. I’m calm, I already know and accept we’re down.

I don't think many people at all think this season has owed to bad luck. In fact I can't think of one.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:22 - Dec 8 with 2871 viewschristiand

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:02 - Dec 8 by SomethingBlue

I don't think many people at all think this season has owed to bad luck. In fact I can't think of one.

Funny that, you need to read the comments more.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:25 - Dec 8 with 2852 viewsSomethingBlue

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:22 - Dec 8 by christiand

Think you're seeing things that aren't there. And I think you're a little too intent on shouting down anyone who even slightly entertains the thought we're not down and out already.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:27 - Dec 8 with 2841 viewsDarth_Koont

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:22 - Dec 8 by christiand

The comments are generally pretty poor quality though.

It's where people go to launch an opinion unchallenged. It's TWTD's version of the Radio Suffolk phone in.

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:34 - Dec 8 with 2791 viewschristiand

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:25 - Dec 8 by SomethingBlue

Think you're seeing things that aren't there. And I think you're a little too intent on shouting down anyone who even slightly entertains the thought we're not down and out already.

Not at all, I admire their optimism. Nevertheless, many need to accept the reason we are so poor is the quality of the squad and the fact that we have too many players that aren’t good enough for this standard of football. The youngsters are the most positive thing from all this mess. Just a pity those experienced players around them can’t help them more.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 18:41]

Good performance, crap result ... and the result is all that matters on 18:42 - Dec 8 with 2748 viewsPilgrimblue

Chin up Darth we'll get there. We defo need a striker that knows where he net is as none of any Roberts/Harisson/Jackson look up to it at this level. Perhaps Jackson just has the edge but not by far.
Need someone like Murphy or Crouch that can hold up and bring in others plus has good awareness. Now that Skuse is unavailable Downes can play in holding role but we need a play-maker type to create.
I'm guessing that we'll see a CB and more Pennington to RB and a new LB with Jonas going back across the Channel
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024