Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You have to take your hat off to Lambert. 18:52 - Dec 8 with 3938 viewsSuperfrans

Despite everything apparently going against us, he really is continuing to try keeping the spirits up. I felt really down after the result was confirmed today and I saw the league table. But he’s continuing to fight the corner, and after reading his post match comments, he makes me feel there might still be a chance.

8 points is a big gap to bridge, but if we can kick things off with a win vs Wigan next weekend and maybe a draw or win vs Sheff Utd, maybe it is still possible.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:04 - Dec 8 with 3399 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Whilst I am a Lambert fan and have been impressed with him- that is one of the minimum requirements of his very well paid job.

Poll: Best Football Song

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:16 - Dec 8 with 3319 viewsWD19

I have complete and total faith in him.

Then I read the comments section and see that they do too.

Then I start to question myself.
You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:21 - Dec 8 with 3293 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:04 - Dec 8 by RoyKeanesDog

Whilst I am a Lambert fan and have been impressed with him- that is one of the minimum requirements of his very well paid job.

Well quite

A more important requirement is to actually win games of football...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:22 - Dec 8 with 3282 viewsRoyKeanesDog

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:21 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well quite

A more important requirement is to actually win games of football...

Yeah. He's actually doing pretty much everything you can ask of a manager - apart from that.

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:23 - Dec 8 with 3270 viewsSuperfrans

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:04 - Dec 8 by RoyKeanesDog

In these circumstances, with no chance to recruit until January, taking on a squad with rock bottom confidence, remaining upbeat and injecting belief into the players is much more important than usual. Arguably it’s the most important part of his job right now.

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:27 - Dec 8 with 3218 viewsBenters2

If you look at our massive GD its more like 9 points.

We may well get a decent result v Wigan but i reckon Sheff U will rip us a new one.
You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:35 - Dec 8 with 3187 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:23 - Dec 8 by Superfrans

In these circumstances, with no chance to recruit until January, taking on a squad with rock bottom confidence, remaining upbeat and injecting belief into the players is much more important than usual. Arguably it’s the most important part of his job right now.

No, the most important part of the job right now is to get the points for us to avoid relegation

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:35 - Dec 8 with 3186 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

yep. Its the kids who will get us out of this if we do escape, the ones overlooked by MM and PH. Hopefully the likes of JE, LW will join JL, FD, TB, AD to give it a go. MM's leftovers apart from Freddie are stale and all of PH's (bar Edwards) are trash. A big target man essential signing in jan, just fear its already too late.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Login to get fewer ads

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:38 - Dec 8 with 3163 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:35 - Dec 8 by Jonnosdreadlocks

yep. Its the kids who will get us out of this if we do escape, the ones overlooked by MM and PH. Hopefully the likes of JE, LW will join JL, FD, TB, AD to give it a go. MM's leftovers apart from Freddie are stale and all of PH's (bar Edwards) are trash. A big target man essential signing in jan, just fear its already too late.

Mick McCarthy gave more minutes to youngsters when he was here than most other managers in the league... 🙄

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 20:11 - Dec 8 with 3030 viewsSuperfrans

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 19:35 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, the most important part of the job right now is to get the points for us to avoid relegation

Oh really, I didn’t realise... 🙄

But to get points, you need players who have confidence in what they’re doing. Given the lack of quality right now, we were never going to win today. Keeping the camp upbeat is essential... if we want to win points.

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 20:24 - Dec 8 with 2918 viewsjeera

Yes, with his enthusiasm in the face of the obvious, you have to worry about his mental state.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:07 - Dec 8 with 2785 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 20:11 - Dec 8 by Superfrans

Oh really, I didn’t realise... 🙄

But to get points, you need players who have confidence in what they’re doing. Given the lack of quality right now, we were never going to win today. Keeping the camp upbeat is essential... if we want to win points.

At the risk of going full BlueBadger, I’ll save my praise for when Lambert actually achieves something that brings us closer to avoiding relegation, rather than a few nice soundbites

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:21 - Dec 8 with 2724 viewsRoyKeanesDog

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:07 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

At the risk of going full BlueBadger, I’ll save my praise for when Lambert actually achieves something that brings us closer to avoiding relegation, rather than a few nice soundbites

Genuine query and not trolling - I can't work out what your stance is on Lambert.

Are you anti him, or do you just think he is being overhyped?

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:37 - Dec 8 with 2663 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:21 - Dec 8 by RoyKeanesDog

Genuine query and not trolling - I can't work out what your stance is on Lambert.

Are you anti him, or do you just think he is being overhyped?

100% the latter - I sincerely hope he delivers

I’m just rather bemused by this narrative that he’s doing a wonderful job based on some press conference soundbites, and the notion he couldn’t possibly be expected to have done any better than the 2 points from 6 games he’s achieved so far

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:38 - Dec 8 with 2661 viewsSwansea_Blue

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:07 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahree entirely. The positivity is welcome, but so far he’s got a worse record than Hurst with exactly the same group of players.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:40 - Dec 8 with 2648 viewsRoyKeanesDog

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:37 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m just rather bemused by this narrative that he’s doing a wonderful job based on some press conference soundbites, and the notion he couldn’t possibly be expected to have done any better than the 2 points from 6 games he’s achieved so far

I see- I thought that would probably be the case. I agree with you to an extent.

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:40 - Dec 8 with 2646 viewsSwansea_Blue

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:37 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree entirely, again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:44 - Dec 8 with 2621 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:40 - Dec 8 by RoyKeanesDog

I see- I thought that would probably be the case. I agree with you to an extent.

I should add that I’m personally not convinced that he will turn it around - or that he’ll even be here still at the end of the season, which would make the whole exercise a disaster, quite frankly

Obviously, I hope I’m proved wrong!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 21:45]

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:44 - Dec 8 with 2611 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:38 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

Ahree entirely. The positivity is welcome, but so far he’s got a worse record than Hurst with exactly the same group of players.

Well exactly

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:45 - Dec 8 with 2607 viewsRoyKeanesDog

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:44 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I should add that I’m personally not convinced that he will turn it around - or that he’ll even be here still at the end of the season, which would make the whole exercise a disaster, quite frankly

Obviously, I hope I’m proved wrong!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 21:45]

Do you think there was a more suitable candidate out there?

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:51 - Dec 8 with 2576 viewsjeera

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:38 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

Although all that shows it that better sides have been finding their feet as the season progresses. That's how it works.

We have a rubbish side in comparison and it's impossible to compete on the same level at the moment.

If Hurst was still here it's perfectly possibly we could be getting hammered each game by now. No way of knowing, sure, in the same way we cannot be certain that McCarthy would have kept us further up the table, but we have a damn good idea that's the case.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:54 - Dec 8 with 2562 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:45 - Dec 8 by RoyKeanesDog

Do you think there was a more suitable candidate out there?

Probably, but happy to admit I have no idea who that might have been

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 22:31 - Dec 8 with 2444 viewsRoyKeanesDog

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 21:54 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably, but happy to admit I have no idea who that might have been

I was really indifferent when he was appointed, but then I just couldn't think of a better, realistic option.

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 23:03 - Dec 8 with 2285 viewsSuperfrans

I didn’t say he is doing a wonderful job. You will struggle to find anyone who thinks he is. He hasn’t won a game.

I was merely highlighting that he is doing one bit of it rather well.

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 23:08 - Dec 8 with 2258 viewsBlueNode

You have to take your hat off to Lambert. on 22:31 - Dec 8 by RoyKeanesDog

I was really indifferent when he was appointed, but then I just couldn't think of a better, realistic option.

I have no shame in declaring I am not impressed with Lambert, and I was not particularly happy when he was appointed. So far I have not seen anything really to inspire me.

Lamberts reputation was built up the A140 but you have to look beyond that to see how he really operates.

If you really want to know what to expect from Lambert, then read this really long detailed beginning to end saga of his time at Villa.

The similarities between us and Villa even though they were in the Prem are incredible.
Lambert was expected to be able to do little with such a poor squad and he got a pass for it in the beginning.
For Evans read Lerner.
They loved his positivity at first. He churned out all the same soundbites he is churning out here.

Happy reading... its probably better to start at page 1, here are some insights.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/12201-paul-lambert/?page=2

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/12201-paul-lambert/?page=100

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/12201-paul-lambert/?page=500

This thread has 1700 pages just change the page number on the url to jump around.
there is also a thread before this one from when he first joined.... look for it if you need to.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 23:14]

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024