Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... 19:20 - Dec 8 with 6790 viewsunstableblue

... on saturday.

Lamberts is getting the team to play the style we have all craved and he is using our youth; he is just hamstring by some quality up front and at right back.

Wigan is the game where we can finally ‘click’ into a win. And we simply have to. Lose that and we’re probanly down.

They need the fans to will them on; give them that extra %.

Why spend so much time on this board and then not going and support them in such a crucial
game. It’s weird.

COYB.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 19:59 - Dec 8 with 6673 viewscobbler

I’ll be there but asual until we get help we are fooked maybe a draw Saturday but with no strikers and defenders that constantly let goals in a 1-1 draw.
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 20:04 - Dec 8 with 6646 viewsPecker

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 19:59 - Dec 8 by cobbler

I’ll be there but asual until we get help we are fooked maybe a draw Saturday but with no strikers and defenders that constantly let goals in a 1-1 draw.

The whole side looked a lot more solid today. You can definitely see the improvement. I can see us winning next Saturday and then maybe, just maybe going on a bit of a run of picking up valuable points.
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 22:52 - Dec 8 with 6459 viewsKeaneish

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 20:04 - Dec 8 by Pecker

The whole side looked a lot more solid today. You can definitely see the improvement. I can see us winning next Saturday and then maybe, just maybe going on a bit of a run of picking up valuable points.

It will happen.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 23:06 - Dec 8 with 6418 viewsLesta_Tractor

Got tickets for Saturday and desperately hoping for a win.

I haven't been a regular for a little over ten years but the last time I saw us win at Portman Rd was when we beat Leeds in 2013.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 23:58 - Dec 8 with 6317 viewsHerbivore

Bring all your mates, it'll be a sell out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 01:52 - Dec 9 with 6238 viewshorsehollerer

I'll be there for my first game of the season. COYB.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

on 07:50 - Dec 10 with 6015 views_

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 07:55 - Dec 10 with 5996 viewsBluebell

on 07:50 - Dec 10 by _

It is definitely not the same watching a stream than being at the actual game as I found out on Saturday having been unable to go to Stoke.

I will certainly be there on Saturday and the following one. Unfortunately I can't make the next 2 away games over the Christmas break due to family commitments but will be back again at PR on January 1st.
Login to get fewer ads

on 08:03 - Dec 10 with 5985 views_

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 07:55 - Dec 10 by Bluebell

It is definitely not the same watching a stream than being at the actual game as I found out on Saturday having been unable to go to Stoke.

I will certainly be there on Saturday and the following one. Unfortunately I can't make the next 2 away games over the Christmas break due to family commitments but will be back again at PR on January 1st.

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 08:20 - Dec 10 with 5941 viewsTractorWood

I've fluked a couple of box invites, a freebie from a vacant ST and paid for a couple. It's really difficult to be objective when you follow something so closely but I fear we are dead and buried. I've not seen any evidence we can get the necessary points to even engage in a scrap.

Our ability to score and instantly concede and then collapse has cost us so many points. Absolutely no game management, I know it's totally cynical but just stodge a game when you're winning.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 10:37 - Dec 10 with 5784 viewsMillsey

I’ll be there after my Nigeria month 👍👍👍
Win lose or draw. Blue Army
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 14:24 - Dec 10 with 5656 viewsitfcbam

Spot on the team / club NEEDS SUPPORT. Saturday is a must win. Tbh if we get a small crowd, around 13-14k then that will sum up the size club we are now and what our real support base is. That size has us on par with teams like Wigan, Millwall and a long way away from teams like sheff wed, forest, Derby and co
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 14:45 - Dec 10 with 5631 viewsKeaneish

on 08:03 - Dec 10 by _

on 14:59 - Dec 10 with 5603 views_

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 14:45 - Dec 10 by Keaneish

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 15:45 - Dec 10 with 5553 viewsWhymarkmariner

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 14:24 - Dec 10 by itfcbam

Spot on the team / club NEEDS SUPPORT. Saturday is a must win. Tbh if we get a small crowd, around 13-14k then that will sum up the size club we are now and what our real support base is. That size has us on par with teams like Wigan, Millwall and a long way away from teams like sheff wed, forest, Derby and co

I feel that the club has stagnated to such an extent that even supporters who turned up regularly at PR for 25 years or more have deserted the club. Town was always a team that even if some of the players were not that good were still able to get results. Fans went because they knew that it was their club. The only enemy was the opposing team, not the manager, the owner or any of the players. Now it is totally different. Truth be known 75% of fans wouldn't give a jot if Evans sold up. When McCarthy was in charge it was probably 70% wanted him to go 30% who whilst not delirious with his style probably thought he had a chance of keeping us in this Division. I don't know how you get back these lost fans, I fear as with myself you never will. There have been remarks made by todays regular fans that those £10 a ticket people that turn up they don't want them at PR. But it does prove a point. Whose going to pay £30 to £40 to watch a game knowing full well that the chances of seeing a home win are about 20/1. I must admit I did toy with the idea of going to the £10 game, but in the end I just listened on the radio. I hope they do win on Saturday, it has been said that Wigan aren't a Stoke, but the players need to apply themselves as they did at Stoke otherwise it's another draw or defeat.
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 20:36 - Dec 10 with 5435 viewsHerbivore

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 14:45 - Dec 10 by Keaneish

That's a bit ironic from someone who's only started attending again this season after not going for a number of years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 05:09 - Dec 11 with 5283 viewsBenters2

Yep sad times ba,I have a only managed 3 games myself this season.

I will be going to Norwich though,if things are still the same in the league table that will be a horrible day out!

Hopefully the pissup before hand will ease the pain!
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 01:06 - Dec 12 with 5032 viewsharlingblue

I will be there, and will try my hardest as a member of the 12th player club...yes us supporters.
Lambert is doing his very best to unify the club and supporters after the last two boring/acidic years of MM, and what proved to be the disastrous appointment of Hurst.
The brand of football is getting better, despite having a very inexperienced Championship squad, and while some of the better Hurst signings get up to speed, our promising youngsters are getting their chance.
Wish list:- An experienced old head up front with an eye for goal, a right back (or Cotter), Bishop to maintain his fitness, Rowe to be given a run of games and a Psychic to sort out what has gone wrong with Bart.
In the meantime, let's cut the negative, stop the moan, do your bit to SUPPORT THE TOWN!
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 07:21 - Dec 12 with 4981 viewsVaughan8

I agreed with this and put so brilliantly. I wouldn't have said it so well. I'm surprised no-one has come back with "You aren't a real fan" yet!

Back to the OP, unfortunately with Christmas around, I have family things this weekend and even if not, the £50+ it would cost me to go wouldn't be a wise use of my money this month I'm sad to say.

I hope we win but letting in 2 goals a game is not good. If we can actually keep a clean sheet we might have a chance.....
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 7:21]
Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 07:33 - Dec 12 with 4967 viewsSuperfrans

Saturday is the *next* most important game in years. We’re going to have a lot of them coming up. If we don’t start winning on Saturday, we’re doomed. Win on Saturday and we could reduce the gap to 5 points and it all starts looking feasible again. But we’ll have to keep on getting points through the rest of the month.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 08:34 - Dec 12 with 4944 viewsKeaneish

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 20:36 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

That's a bit ironic from someone who's only started attending again this season after not going for a number of years.

Exaggerated and false. I choose not to go toward the end of MMs reign. This is a whole different scenario I'm sure you'd agree?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 08:44 - Dec 12 with 4924 viewsunstableblue

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 23:58 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

Bring all your mates, it'll be a sell out.

Oh Herbivore you know we’d have expand to the Cobbold Stand to fit them all in!

In reality I’m struggling to get many mates enthused to get down to PR on Saturday, despite the importance.

Working on it.

Several lapsed blues came to the West Brom and just loved the atmosphere but were shocked by squad quality.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 08:51 - Dec 12 with 4915 viewsunstableblue

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 07:33 - Dec 12 by Superfrans

Saturday is the *next* most important game in years. We’re going to have a lot of them coming up. If we don’t start winning on Saturday, we’re doomed. Win on Saturday and we could reduce the gap to 5 points and it all starts looking feasible again. But we’ll have to keep on getting points through the rest of the month.

I think you’re agreeing on the importance of Saturday...

... as for me the confidence tank must be getting very low, and unless we get that win very soon it won’t just be the squad quality holding us back.

We have improved from a passing perspective and energy; we’ve had some tough opponents. Wigan are more at our level - so all Lamberts new ideas need to mature and come to fruition with 3 points.

Can’t see us staying up if we don’t get points in December - not even funding in mid Jan will help.

on 13:38 - Dec 12 with 4855 views_

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 07:21 - Dec 12 by Vaughan8

I agreed with this and put so brilliantly. I wouldn't have said it so well. I'm surprised no-one has come back with "You aren't a real fan" yet!

Back to the OP, unfortunately with Christmas around, I have family things this weekend and even if not, the £50+ it would cost me to go wouldn't be a wise use of my money this month I'm sad to say.

I hope we win but letting in 2 goals a game is not good. If we can actually keep a clean sheet we might have a chance.....
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 7:21]

Seriously TWTD get yourself down to Portman Road... on 14:21 - Dec 12 with 4815 viewsericclacton

on 08:03 - Dec 10 by _

You don't need to give a reason for not going mate, 70% of the clowns on this board don't go either............

Bird table for sale only 2,000 previous owners.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024