Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 21:49 - Dec 8 with 8578 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Once again the lack of quality turned out to be the main problem that hits us so severely. Can't accuse players of lack of effort but we're harmless like babies in all honesty.

People are going to draw loads of positives from the game. Probably rightly so as this team is giving all they can. Nice to see the approach like that instead of sitting back and letting an opposition have a go at us. However the one thing that is really telling is that the teams DON'T TREAT US seriously.

Teams know we lack quality. Take Stoke for example today. Ryan Shawcross and Ashley Williams the two central backs with the sweeping Premier League experience. They knew they were gonna face one of the League Two forwards from last season in Roberts or Jackson. Did they need to feel 'intimidated' ? No they didn't. They would comfortably deal with our attempts. Lankester hitting the ball straight at Butland from the tight angle in the first half was the solitary moment where we could have actually scored. Apart from that no real threat from us despite spells in which we dominated in terms of possession.

The tough gruelling festive period is coming up so Stoke players treated the game like a kind of training session. Let Ipswich have the ball, they aren't gonna hurt us at all. And that has unfortunately been the case. Both goals were a rare moment of quality in this game however sufficient enough to win the game.

Some of the Stoke players probably didn't even need the showers after the game.

Once again that was a cruel remainder of how tinpot and embarrassing we are as a club. If you don't replace Waghorn and McGoldrick with an adequate quality you get brutally punished. But according to some '6m a year' fcukwits we should be grateful to Marcus for putting 6m a year and paying the bills.

Lankester was our brightest point today, Downes seemed confident too. No place in the starting line-up yet again for the 'footballing prodigy' in Dozzell. People need to stop bigging him up.

This weekend 18 years ago we had a glorious match at Anfield. Marcus Stewart ridiculing Liverpool's defence and scoring in front of the Kop. What a different world today, the world of despair for us. Not only can we forget about Premier League forever we just face the relegation to the third tier where we will be for years. Unless Lambert has some real footballing geniuses on his list there is no way for us to get out of this mess. Evans has been destroying the club for years, Hurst has significantly accelerated our decline. Yet ... if I am not happy I will be told by some happy clapping spineless bellends to buy the club. Bad or dodgy owners who have been destroying the clubs, the likes of Karl Oyston, Randy Lerner, Mike Ashley, Roland Duchatelet, Doug Ellis etc etc......all of them would still be defended by '6m a year' brigade if they owned Ipswich. Plenty of frustration/anger/despair but we are punished in the appropriate way for the Evans' policy.

We have 'reached' a new level of bleakness where every point will be deemed as a bonus. At least until January.

Our support today and roaring 'Ipswich till I die' this was really nice and showed what this club means to us.

Not mentioning clubs with parachute payments but take a few others for example. Forest, Derby, Norwich, Sheffield Utd, Leeds..... what can they do that we can't? Why has it got be us owned by Evans instead of one of them and keep sliding down?
Match thoughts on 11:41 - Dec 9 with 1659 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 11:30 - Dec 9 by Benters2

I gave you the chance in the lower NS,you only get one chance with me.

I certainly wouldnt run away from you.

I bid you good day.

What are you talking about in the Lower NS?!

I'm talking about your comment here (and metaphorically running away, not literally).

Where have I called you a numbskull? Put up or shut up.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 11:50 - Dec 9 with 1639 viewswkj

Match thoughts on 11:41 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

What are you talking about in the Lower NS?!

I'm talking about your comment here (and metaphorically running away, not literally).

Where have I called you a numbskull? Put up or shut up.

Did you just blow your one chance with Benters?

116 123 is always there for you if you need it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Match thoughts on 12:41 - Dec 9 with 1587 viewsRobTheMonk

In patches I thought we were playing some really good stuff. The quality of Stoke's squad eventually bit us though.

Gerken will be our keeper for the forseeable future.

Chambers is a good defender but he still hoofs where a more cultured defender would find a pass. Webster is missed.

Pennington is from the Phil Jones school of defending. Unorthodox, desperate, but somehoe gets the job done (most of the time).

Spence did okay for me. Looked to get forward all the time.

Knudsen did okay.

Chalobah is a footballing equivalent of Katy Perry's 'Hot and Cold'.

Downes was decent. Tidy, strong when he needed to be and looked forward if he could.

Nolan also looked like he could be a useful asset. He's a tidy player.

Lankester is fun to watch and looks more dangerous than Edwards has recently. I still like Edwards but recently his first touch has been that of Donald Trump fondling Stormy Daniels.

Roberts is playing the lonely front man. A victim of circumstance.

Sears' workrate was ridiculous (in a good way).

I actually quite enjoyed it. You can see that the team know what their meant to be doing. I was never expecting a win today. Stokes squad is too good. We're desperate for that first win under Lambert. Even though results haven't gone our way you can see the passion in Lambert. Hurst was the polar opposite - passion of a turd.
Match thoughts on 12:45 - Dec 9 with 1582 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 09:38 - Dec 9 by LankHenners

With Skuse injured for a while he can't do his usual rant about how everything bad that happened was his fault so that's one less thing to look out for.

You're getting paranoid.
Match thoughts on 12:49 - Dec 9 with 1579 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Seek help.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Match thoughts on 13:42 - Dec 9 with 1491 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 11:50 - Dec 9 by wkj

Did you just blow your one chance with Benters?

116 123 is always there for you if you need it

Wow, you're making suicide jokes now? Stay classy.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 14:54 - Dec 9 with 1411 viewsBluebell

I have a confession to make......................

I am a happy clapper!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024