Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms 09:55 - Dec 9 with 2024 viewsmonytowbray

Now I’m resigned to whatever this season brings I feel like I just wanna get behind what we’ve got and where we are. I’ve always been a big fan of defiance in the face of adversity anyway.

I may be a little late to the party as Blue Action picked things up weeks ago but I’m more behind it than ever right now.

If we could get 20-25k in for our remaining home games, say balls to the misfortune on the pitch, back what we’re stuck with and show the world what Ipswich once was and can be - then maybe we can wake Evans up to investing or attract someone new to the helm.

Hope and the frustration of good spells that never stick/go wrong is what has led us here over the last decade. Let’s be honest - hope and confidence has gone now in favour of a miracle. We can’t control it, but we can stick together and show other clubs and the footballing world what we’re about.

Seeing a tweet yesterday about our great away attendances despite our form/position, and Stoke fans praising the efforts of those who went, made me realise you can build something people want to be a part of off the pitch. Let’s back ourselves as a community and see what it can inspire among our ranks.

No one changed the world sat at home defeated. F*ck everyone else. F*ck the pundits and fans who want us to fail because we got rid of Mick the Messiah. F*ck that lot up the road who suddenly think they’re relevant because they’ve had a rub of the green for too long. F*ck the last decade and what we can’t change in the past. We are Ipswich and if the world is going to conspire to kill us off we’re not going quietly.

I’ll be there on Saturday regardless of the fact dragging myself from London every other weekend to suffer the pain of 90 minutes hurts, because the people I see in the pub every game, the people around me I sing with every game and the people who put themselves through hell supporting us no matter what make it worth it - and if we can do that in the face of our darkest hour, who knows what may happen.

No whinging. No booing. Hell, I’ll even lay off Spence myself! Up the Town.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 9:57]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Same on 10:06 - Dec 9 with 1983 viewsDyland

Not sure about the Evans investment bit though, except for the obvious that an extra £300k odd for each home game gives us more money to spend :)

We're still not dead and buried, and I still think we can climb out of the relegation zone. However unlikely that seems, it's not such a ridiculous idea. We need some footballing Gods luck though, and we have had zero of that except for Swansea. You make your own luck at the end of the day though so if we keep going and as you as fans get behind the team no matter what we still have a chance.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 16:07]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 10:09 - Dec 9 with 1961 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hell yeah......I want that half season ticket for Sh1tmas after all !.......I think.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 10:45 - Dec 9 with 1887 viewsCoco

Haven’t had a season ticket for years but perversely i want to go more than ever right now! We have something to fight for and I’m right behind Lambert and the lads.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 10:50 - Dec 9 with 1874 viewsloyalfan

Well said. I have just been looking at the 2019 fixtures and wondering if I can justify a Half Season Ticket.
No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 16:18 - Dec 9 with 1745 viewsBlue_Order

Good post, that’s the mentality EVERYONE needs now. If we’re going down, we’re going down, but let’s stick together, show our defiance and go down singing. If the support at home really comes together like it’s doing away, it could be the start of something special.

We Shall Not Be Moved.
No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 16:22 - Dec 9 with 1725 viewsbilllm

Great attitude I'm with you all the way, always blue, forever blue, IL die a blue
No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 08:12 - Dec 10 with 1594 viewsitfcjoe

I agree with the sentiment but you're preaching to the converted - I just can't see how those extra 10k fans that went to the WBA game but weren't there for the Bristol City game can be attracted back regularly whilst we aren't towards the top of the league.

People will moan and claim I am trying to be a superfan, but I don't understand the mentality of only going to certain games if you are able to get to more. People have their reasons but I just don't get it unless it is logistically very tough - but then tehy'd make the effort if we were doing well!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 08:18 - Dec 10 with 1579 viewsReuser_is_God

Indeed.

I feel your 20k-25k figure is way too ambitious but those hardcore that are there every week are, & will continue to be, right behind the team.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 20:51 - Dec 10 with 1453 viewsMillsey

Blue Army
No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 21:04 - Dec 10 with 1427 viewsJ2BLUE

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 08:12 - Dec 10 by itfcjoe

I agree with the sentiment but you're preaching to the converted - I just can't see how those extra 10k fans that went to the WBA game but weren't there for the Bristol City game can be attracted back regularly whilst we aren't towards the top of the league.

People will moan and claim I am trying to be a superfan, but I don't understand the mentality of only going to certain games if you are able to get to more. People have their reasons but I just don't get it unless it is logistically very tough - but then tehy'd make the effort if we were doing well!

How much did attendances go up when Town were battling away at the top of the league?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 21:23 - Dec 10 with 1404 viewsitfcjoe

No point crying over spilt (soy) milk - A call to arms on 21:04 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

How much did attendances go up when Town were battling away at the top of the league?

Year we finished 6th, they were well up and that continued into the following season - only think that has stopped the gradual decline of last 10 years

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024