Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas 08:59 - Dec 10 with 2921 viewsGeoffSentence

Apparently it is a Brexit allegory:

"I think it’s an important story for kids to watch, it shows the struggle to keep the Watership Down warren (the UK) free from being taken over by General Woundwort’s Efrafa (the EU). It’s an important piece of allegory to counter the constant pro-EU propaganda kids are getting from their leftist teachers"

From the Torygraph comments.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:00 - Dec 10 with 2910 viewsKeno

what you mean that MEP's are at it like rabbits?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:04 - Dec 10 with 2895 viewsGeoffSentence

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:00 - Dec 10 by Keno

what you mean that MEP's are at it like rabbits?

They are bound to be aren't they. Just got to be.

Brussels is a den of iniquity.

Farage and Van Rumpuy, can you imagine it?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:29 - Dec 10 with 2869 viewsmonytowbray

So basically, the person in question is able to make a dark kid's cartoon about whatever topical racist matter they need to at any given time. I mean, I'll give it a 10/10 for creativity.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:30 - Dec 10 with 2865 viewsKeno

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:29 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

So basically, the person in question is able to make a dark kid's cartoon about whatever topical racist matter they need to at any given time. I mean, I'll give it a 10/10 for creativity.

Have you never watched magic roundabout!!!

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:31 - Dec 10 with 2860 viewschicoazul

Anyone else cry their eyes out as a 7 year old to this the first time around? I still can't look at rabbits in the same way.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:34 - Dec 10 with 2862 viewsmonytowbray

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:30 - Dec 10 by Keno

Yeah but that was encouraging kids to take drugs which is much more fun and positive than making them scared of foreigners.

TWTD never forgets…

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:42 - Dec 10 with 2849 viewsKeno

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:34 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

Yeah but that was encouraging kids to take drugs which is much more fun and positive than making them scared of foreigners.

so you missed the racial and sexual undertones, coupled with the obvious ultra right wing message?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:44 - Dec 10 with 2843 viewsmonytowbray

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:42 - Dec 10 by Keno

so you missed the racial and sexual undertones, coupled with the obvious ultra right wing message?

I guess so, although I was like 6-7 when I last watched it.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:59 - Dec 10 with 2829 viewsBlueBadger

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:31 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

Anyone else cry their eyes out as a 7 year old to this the first time around? I still can't look at rabbits in the same way.

My parents took me to see it aged 4. I had nightmares for a fortnight. It's a film that scarred a generation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:02 - Dec 10 with 2823 viewsSwansea_Blue

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:04 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

They are bound to be aren't they. Just got to be.

Brussels is a den of iniquity.

Farage and Van Rumpuy, can you imagine it?

It's not called rompuy pumpy for nothing!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:07 - Dec 10 with 2812 viewschicoazul

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:59 - Dec 10 by BlueBadger

My parents took me to see it aged 4. I had nightmares for a fortnight. It's a film that scarred a generation.

You can make me a quivering wreck in the corner by mentioning Watership Down or Threads. We are all so old now brother.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:10 - Dec 10 with 2804 viewsBlueBadger

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:07 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

You can make me a quivering wreck in the corner by mentioning Watership Down or Threads. We are all so old now brother.

I am now entering the age range that I refer to as ‘young’ when I’m referring patients to a medical registrar, consultant or ITU doctor. Brrrrr.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:12 - Dec 10 with 2796 viewschicoazul

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:10 - Dec 10 by BlueBadger

I am now entering the age range that I refer to as ‘young’ when I’m referring patients to a medical registrar, consultant or ITU doctor. Brrrrr.

For me I knew I was becoming an old fart when Dele Alli came on for his first England appearance and I had no idea whatsoever who he was or who he played for. Once upon a time I could name you every single member of every England squad.

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:14 - Dec 10 with 2794 viewsBlueBadger

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:12 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

For me I knew I was becoming an old fart when Dele Alli came on for his first England appearance and I had no idea whatsoever who he was or who he played for. Once upon a time I could name you every single member of every England squad.

The other week, I had a call from A&E asking for assistance with someone born in 1993. I felt it was rather insulting of them to laugh quite as long as they did when I wondered why they weren't being treated in the paediatric area of the department.

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:16 - Dec 10 with 2791 viewscleaner

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 10:14 - Dec 10 by BlueBadger

The other week, I had a call from A&E asking for assistance with someone born in 1993. I felt it was rather insulting of them to laugh quite as long as they did when I wondered why they weren't being treated in the paediatric area of the department.

Anyone born within the age of mobile phones may be considered children, you are forgiven
Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 11:45 - Dec 10 with 2747 viewsGeoffSentence

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:31 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

This is the new one. CGI and less blood.

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:05 - Dec 10 with 2719 viewschicoazul

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 11:45 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

I DONT CARE GEOFF I WONT WATCH IT NO YOU CANT MAKE ME

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:46 - Dec 10 with 2694 viewsGeoffSentence

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:05 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

I DONT CARE GEOFF I WONT WATCH IT NO YOU CANT MAKE ME

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:51 - Dec 10 with 2689 viewsSteve_M

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 11:45 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

I shall be disappointed if this classic scent is excluded:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:53 - Dec 10 with 2679 viewsGeoffSentence

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:51 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

I shall be disappointed if this classic scent is excluded:

"P*ss off"

They always clean that up when it's on the telly box.

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:55 - Dec 10 with 2667 viewsGeoffSentence

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 09:30 - Dec 10 by Keno

The first film I ever saw at the cinema was 'Dougal and the Blue Cat'

It shat me right up.

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:56 - Dec 10 with 2667 viewsSteve_M

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas on 12:53 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

"P*ss off"

They always clean that up when it's on the telly box.

They never used to, was always a good reason to re-watch it in the later years of primary school.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024