Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) 17:09 - Dec 10 with 4407 viewsmanchego

nt
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:11 - Dec 10 with 4398 viewsStokieBlue

Certainly a total shambles at the moment.

Although pushing for a GE with vague assertions that they will succeed with exactly what the EU has said isn't possible isn't exactly stellar from the opposition.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:22 - Dec 10 with 4368 viewsXYZ

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:11 - Dec 10 by StokieBlue

Although pushing for a GE with vague assertions that they will succeed with exactly what the EU has said isn't possible isn't exactly stellar from the opposition.

SB

SNP, Lib Dems, Plaid Cymru all saying they'll support a no confidence vote.

Corbyn's move ...
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:24 - Dec 10 with 4366 viewsgordon

SB

Completely agree re Corbyn / Labour.

It is getting rather urgent that we start to move onto the next bit of this process, which is parliament deciding what to do after May's deal is voted down or she's toppled / locked in Boris Johnson's basement.

For May, her plan becomes more attractive the closer we get to the deadline. Holding the prosperity of the whole country to ransom to protect her own future. Good work.
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:26 - Dec 10 with 4356 viewssparks

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:22 - Dec 10 by XYZ

Corbyn's move ...

Cant imagine Corbyn really wants power at this point. Its a poisioned chalice with no viable solution.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:27 - Dec 10 with 4353 viewschicoazul

Corbyn's move ...

Would that then result in an Election? I have no idea.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:27 - Dec 10 with 4353 viewsBloomBlue

Corbyn's move ...

But will the DUP?
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:32 - Dec 10 with 4331 viewsJ2BLUE

The Tories set low bar then along come Labour and limbo under it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:34 - Dec 10 with 4329 viewsmanchego

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:26 - Dec 10 by sparks

Cant imagine Corbyn really wants power at this point. Its a poisioned chalice with no viable solution.

Corbyn never even had a shadow cabinet job. He's only ever been in Parliament but is totally unprepared to be PM. He's a chancer.
Login to get fewer ads

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:36 - Dec 10 with 4317 viewsStokieBlue

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:24 - Dec 10 by gordon

Completely agree re Corbyn / Labour.

It is getting rather urgent that we start to move onto the next bit of this process, which is parliament deciding what to do after May's deal is voted down or she's toppled / locked in Boris Johnson's basement.

For May, her plan becomes more attractive the closer we get to the deadline. Holding the prosperity of the whole country to ransom to protect her own future. Good work.

This is quite good though:

"Labour MP Peter Kyle asks whether it's true that no prime minister is better than a bad prime minister."

SB

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:58 - Dec 10 with 4286 viewsXYZ

Indeed. I'm beginning to think Corbyn would like any deal the tories do, so that in future "it was their deal" can be the mantra.
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:01 - Dec 10 with 4282 viewsXYZ

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 17:27 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

Would that then result in an Election? I have no idea.

In an ideal world …

Tories go
Broad coalition to "mind the shop", revoke/ extend A50, legislate for second referendum.
Hold second referendum
General election

With as much haste as is decent.
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:13 - Dec 10 with 4254 viewsLeagueOne

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:01 - Dec 10 by XYZ

In an ideal world …

Tories go
Broad coalition to "mind the shop", revoke/ extend A50, legislate for second referendum.
Hold second referendum
General election

Then when Leave loses the second referendum, they can blame the Conservatives and left for deliberately sabotaging the deal, public anger from the 40% who brodly back that thinking grows as time moves on, and the coalition implements left wing policies on things such as easing immigration, more EU rules and regs and so on - far right picks up the disaffected and enters Parliament for the first time since Oswald Mosley was a Labour MP.

Sounds like a great plan. This should all go very well.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:15 - Dec 10 with 4236 viewsbackwaywhen

Corbyn's move ...

If he gets in the whole country will be F#cked ...the blokes a bafoon !
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:17 - Dec 10 with 4227 viewsSwansea_Blue

Meanwhile, The Titanic sets off on maiden voyage.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:26 - Dec 10 with 4213 viewschicoazul

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:01 - Dec 10 by XYZ

In an ideal world …

Tories go
Hold second referendum
General election

But the Tories won the last election.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:38 - Dec 10 with 4179 viewsconnorscontract

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:26 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

Without the DUP they can be voted out.

But the DUP have said they will vote against the Brexit Deal legislation, but won't back a No Confidence vote.

So right now the sh1ttest Prime Minister ever is scared to hold a vote to take things forward because she knows she will lose it, and the sh1ttest Leader of the Opposition ever is scared to table a No Confidence motion because he knows he will lose it.

They're both the sh1ttest at their respective jobs ever, and neither could kill the other off at the snap election.

Meanwhile the country waits for something to happen to resolve this mess and the Pound tanks...
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:56 - Dec 10 with 4150 viewsXYZ

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:26 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

Did I say they hadn't? Impressive bunch of winners are they not?

Let's hear your plan ...
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 20:27 - Dec 10 with 4074 viewsjimmyvet

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:56 - Dec 10 by XYZ

Let's hear your plan ...

I don't want to know his plan I want to know the great opposition leaders plan, whilst i accept May and her cabinet are doing a poor job in a very very difficult situation Corbyn and his cronies have absolutely zero to offer.....he is showing the whole country just why he is so unqualified to be a leader of anything because he can't lead ....hopeless government and completely hopeless opposition happy days.
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 22:29 - Dec 10 with 3978 viewsconnorscontract

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 18:56 - Dec 10 by XYZ

Let's hear your plan ...

They didn't win it. They lost it with more seats than Labour lost it with. May had a majority and threw it away. That isn't winning an election, however it is spun.

It's a bit like at a Village Show that's a bit up itself. Sometimes nobody wins Gold in the Giant Cabbage contest because the Judges don't deem that any entrant reached the required standard, so the winner is only awarded a Silver.

May and Corbyn: no doubt they are both massive cabbages, but the British public couldn't bring itself to give either of them Gold at the Snap Election.
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 00:27 - Dec 11 with 3931 viewsXYZ

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 22:29 - Dec 10 by connorscontract

They didn't win it. They lost it with more seats than Labour lost it with. May had a majority and threw it away. That isn't winning an election, however it is spun.

It's a bit like at a Village Show that's a bit up itself. Sometimes nobody wins Gold in the Giant Cabbage contest because the Judges don't deem that any entrant reached the required standard, so the winner is only awarded a Silver.

May and Corbyn: no doubt they are both massive cabbages, but the British public couldn't bring itself to give either of them Gold at the Snap Election.

Did I say they had?

Walks like a loser, talks like a loser … redefines "winner"

I wasn't making a party political point originally - I said it was "Corbyn's move" meaning it was time for him to stand up and grasp the nettle for the sake of the country.

He didn't. He kicked the can down the road as shamelessly as May.

A general election now is madness and dereliction of duty. This parliament urgently needs to sort out the mess. Once the mess is resolved there should be a general election as a national cleansing exercise.

No british PM will allow a hard brexit to happen now it is clear that A50 can be revoked unilaterally*. If it came to 28 March 2019 and there was "no deal" then I'm sure the PM would be advised that failure to revoke A50 would be a threat to national security. The PM would then be exposed to personal (political) responsibility for the consequences.

Of course that would be a national humiliation (on top of those we've already suffered; Government in contempt of Parliament, etc), so it would be best if someone stepped forward to lead us out of this flustercuck and limit the long-term damage to the UK's economy and reputation.

* in accordance with the UK constitution - which I believe would need a vote in Parliament following the Gina Miller case.
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 08:02 - Dec 11 with 3845 viewsmonytowbray

By the time he got power, if he did, it would no longer be his issue. Assuming Brexit simply ain’t gonna happen at this point.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 09:04 - Dec 11 with 3821 viewsStokieBlue

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 08:02 - Dec 11 by monytowbray

By the time he got power, if he did, it would no longer be his issue. Assuming Brexit simply ain’t gonna happen at this point.

If Brexit doesn't happen he's going to have a hard time getting his state aid policies and seizure of privately owned companies/shares past the EU.

He's been a quiet leaver for a reason.

I think you're right though, I don't see how Brexit can realistically happen.

SB

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 09:23 - Dec 11 with 3806 viewsdirtyboy

52/48 in the country and similar in Parliment

May doesn't want a no-deal situation (any to be honest, whether you're a Brexiteer or not, no-deal is a bad situation to find ourselves in...yes we can go to WTO, but there's already an increasing trade deficit and that won't help)

Anyway, Labour are split on this as much as the Conservatives, May tries to get a deal that doesn't screw us over completely, but it's at odds with the remainers as we may as well stay. The leavers don't like it because of the backstop arrangements (and rightfully so).

It's all just a massive checkmate.

Even if May had a majority government, I don't think we'd be any better off as even within the party it is split.

Utter carnage.

I'm starting to think the second referendum may be actually worth it which flies in the face of the first one, but the information and situation following 2 years of negotiations has revealed an awful lot.

Decisions should always be made when you are better informed of consequences.
so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 14:02 - Dec 11 with 3739 viewsStokieBlue

SB

McDonnell too busy arguing with the SNP now to actually concentrate on the important stuff:

“Who can delve into the mind of Nicola Sturgeon, but my view is that what they want is to lose a vote of no confidence, and then avoid a general election, because they know we’re breathing down their necks in Scotland and take seats off them.”

SNP firing back immediately of course.

SB

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 14:47 - Dec 11 with 3705 viewsPilgrimblue

so... Tories are F...... W...... then (nt) on 09:23 - Dec 11 by dirtyboy

52/48 in the country and similar in Parliment

May doesn't want a no-deal situation (any to be honest, whether you're a Brexiteer or not, no-deal is a bad situation to find ourselves in...yes we can go to WTO, but there's already an increasing trade deficit and that won't help)

Anyway, Labour are split on this as much as the Conservatives, May tries to get a deal that doesn't screw us over completely, but it's at odds with the remainers as we may as well stay. The leavers don't like it because of the backstop arrangements (and rightfully so).

It's all just a massive checkmate.

Even if May had a majority government, I don't think we'd be any better off as even within the party it is split.

Utter carnage.

I'm starting to think the second referendum may be actually worth it which flies in the face of the first one, but the information and situation following 2 years of negotiations has revealed an awful lot.

Decisions should always be made when you are better informed of consequences.

You mean stalemate! Checkmate is winning.

Let's face it politicians don't represent the wishes of their constituents. If we were voting to join the EU now, we wouldn't touch it but then again we'd be trading with rest of the World and doing very nicely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024