Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea have banned those four blokes 17:56 - Dec 10 with 7112 viewsMullet

Does this signify trial by social media or a clear case of culpability and justice working together?

I have to admit, the quality of the clips going around twitter made it hard to say if he'd used the N word or any other racial slur. The manner and hatred was clear and pretty embarrassing, but you can't expect much more from blokes like that can you?

For me the biggest positive has been how Sterling has owned the Mail and the narrative around how he has been treated. He's totally right to use those headlines on his mates such as Foden and make a point with dignity.

Hopefully it'll jolt forward social attitudes a little further.

https://twitter.com/search?f=images&vertical=news&q=sterling&src=typd

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 17:28 - Dec 11 with 1025 viewsjeera

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 17:21 - Dec 11 by Mullet

Have you no seen much of the commentary around it on social media? I'd say a large swathe of people had reached a verdict already.

And the lower Tweet you posted does mention one of the perpetrators is Far Right in the pic, so that does help to sway sentiment tbf.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:12 - Dec 11 with 1003 viewscrunchie1978

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 14:27 - Dec 11 by jeera

Although since when has RS been a Manc?

Sterling says otherwise and was within feet of the abuse.

If you're concerned about being misinterpreted, it's probably best not to scream at a black player with your mates right in his face.

Sad reflection of the world we currently live in where abuse aimed at a person of colour is imminently deemed as racist abuse.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:13 - Dec 11 with 1001 viewsMullet

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:12 - Dec 11 by crunchie1978

Sad reflection of the world we currently live in where abuse aimed at a person of colour is imminently deemed as racist abuse.

Why?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:17 - Dec 11 with 996 viewsjeera

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:12 - Dec 11 by crunchie1978

Literally no one has done anything of the sort. How many times does it need to be pointed out it is RS who said that is what he heard?

Him. Not me, not the media. He, himself, who was there.

It's far more disturbing that you have tried more than once on this thread to deflect from it.

He was there. If it transpires he was mistaken that is an altogether different matter.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 19:09 - Dec 11 with 957 viewscrunchie1978

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:17 - Dec 11 by jeera

Literally no one has done anything of the sort. How many times does it need to be pointed out it is RS who said that is what he heard?

Him. Not me, not the media. He, himself, who was there.

It's far more disturbing that you have tried more than once on this thread to deflect from it.

He was there. If it transpires he was mistaken that is an altogether different matter.

I was answering that in the context of a previous comment.
Yes I'm not disputing the fact he said he heard a racist remark....but let the situation be investigated properly....the person in question has come out to say the abuse he dished out wasn't racially motivated.
It could be that RS was mistaken...and mis-heard.
Let the police do their work and if proven to be guilty ban and prosecute the individual and rightly so.
But this may just be a case of just abuse.
At the moment it's I said- he said untill proven otherwise.
I'm not defecting anything....I just like to base an opinion of fact and not what's banned around in the press social media or message boards.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 19:13 - Dec 11 with 951 viewsslump

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 19:09 - Dec 11 by crunchie1978

I was answering that in the context of a previous comment.
Yes I'm not disputing the fact he said he heard a racist remark....but let the situation be investigated properly....the person in question has come out to say the abuse he dished out wasn't racially motivated.
It could be that RS was mistaken...and mis-heard.
Let the police do their work and if proven to be guilty ban and prosecute the individual and rightly so.
But this may just be a case of just abuse.
At the moment it's I said- he said untill proven otherwise.
I'm not defecting anything....I just like to base an opinion of fact and not what's banned around in the press social media or message boards.

Nice weasel words. However I think that you think otherwise.

There's a reason that you've jumped on this thread and it's not to hold up the British justice system is it?

UTT

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 19:33 - Dec 11 with 935 viewscrunchie1978

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 19:13 - Dec 11 by slump

There's a reason that you've jumped on this thread and it's not to hold up the British justice system is it?

Your entitled to your view and probably also have a pre conceived opinion on me....thats fine.
But unlike you I don't like to judge....at least not untill all the facts are on the table.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 05:02 - Dec 13 with 847 viewsBenters2

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 19:13 - Dec 11 by slump

Now this is baiting Mr.Spruce.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024