Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) 20:27 - Dec 10 with 8160 viewsKeno

Swansea this season - Hurst keeps job

Barnsley win away -Jewell keeps job

Leicester win in the snow on Sky - Keane keeps job

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 20:35 - Dec 10 with 6891 viewsgood_at_COD

Manchester United at home - Robson keeps job

Giggsy

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 20:53 - Dec 10 with 6846 viewsBlueBadger

Bolton away 01/02. A humiliating defeat that all but sealed our doomed and plunged us into the following 18 years(and counting) of mediocrity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:02 - Dec 10 with 6819 viewsreusersfreekicks

Defeat to West Ham in 1975 cup semi final
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:05 - Dec 10 with 6809 viewsKeno

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:02 - Dec 10 by reusersfreekicks

just don't go there!!

I was there that night and have never quite got over just how badly we were robbed by that fecking little welsh b'stard.

GRRRR!!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:12 - Dec 10 with 6790 viewsPJH

I wouldn't call it the worst result in our history but one of the most disappointing was the second leg of the 1985 League Cup semi up the road in Norfolk.

We did get a bit of revenge later that same season beating them there and they ultimately went down but that Bruce header near the end of that semi final was devastating.
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:16 - Dec 10 with 6773 viewsHerbivore

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:05 - Dec 10 by Keno

just don't go there!!

I was there that night and have never quite got over just how badly we were robbed by that fecking little welsh b'stard.

GRRRR!!!!

He's not much of a fan, but harsh to blame Benters entirely for us losing that match.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:46 - Dec 10 with 6705 viewsclive_baker

As much as Keane was a disaster, that Leicester win was big in the sense we really needed it. We were on a terrible run and firmly looking over our shoulders at those below us. That game should never have gone ahead.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 22:10 - Dec 10 with 6652 viewsbrazil1982

Town 1-5 N*rwich 2011/12
Login to get fewer ads

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 22:17 - Dec 10 with 6644 viewsRadlett_blue

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:02 - Dec 10 by reusersfreekicks

Well, we were robbed of that by Clive "The Book" Thomas.
I would say the 2-1 defeat at Middlesbrough in 1981 which cost us a title that was there for the taking.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 23:09 - Dec 10 with 6555 viewsChe

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:05 - Dec 10 by Keno

just don't go there!!

GRRRR!!!!

I have hated West Ham ever since
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 23:10 - Dec 10 with 6552 viewstractordownsouth

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 22:10 - Dec 10 by brazil1982

Town 1-5 N*rwich 2011/12

It was 2010/11, my borderline autistic knowledge of ITFC dates won't let me let that go 😉

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 23:28 - Dec 10 with 6529 viewsMelford

That 3-0 against Grimsby that got Burley the sack.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 23:46 - Dec 10 with 6496 viewsArthur_Hayes_tash

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 22:17 - Dec 10 by Radlett_blue

Well, we were robbed of that by Clive "The Book" Thomas.
I would say the 2-1 defeat at Middlesbrough in 1981 which cost us a title that was there for the taking.

Losing 3 - 0 to Leeds in 1981 was when that title began to slip away. My mate at school was a Leeds supporter and was too pleased by that result.
For disappointment losing on away goals set to Sheffield Utd in the playoff semi final was a good one!
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 03:12 - Dec 11 with 6422 viewsKilburnBlue

1986 - Oxford United 3 Arsenal 0

Only time Ive cried over a game of football & we wasn't even playing

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 05:02 - Dec 11 with 6393 viewsBenters2

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 21:16 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

He's not much of a fan, but harsh to blame Benters entirely for us losing that match.

Thanks for the mention.

I have used the arrow system I will not argue.

I bid you a good day.
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 07:50 - Dec 11 with 6286 viewsPopeadrian64

..as soon as I saw this topic I immediately thought of the semi V West Ham also. I was only 10 but can still remember the injustice and devastation of it still. On a side note, the silk Ipswich Town -North Stand scarf I wore that night was recently stolen from my shed which has pi$$ed me off (Rivers Estate.)

Also 1974 ish Boxing Day, top of the league and losing at home 0-1 to bottom placed Luton in the last minute...
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 07:56 - Dec 11 with 6272 viewsHerbivore

Think the back to back losses in 04/05 to (I think?) QPR and Watford have to be up their as the most damaging. We were looking very good for automatic promotion for a lot of that season and then threw it away in a wobbly spell and haven't really come close to going back up since. Wigan went up instead and spent a decade in the top flight and won the FA Cup.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 08:50 - Dec 11 with 6211 viewsBanburyBlue

Not many worse than losing to Lincoln....

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 08:51 - Dec 11 with 6212 viewsRadlett_blue

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 03:12 - Dec 11 by KilburnBlue

1986 - Oxford United 3 Arsenal 0

Only time Ive cried over a game of football & we wasn't even playing

I was naive enough to believe that Arsenal might actually turn up & try to win the game.
Maxwell doing a lap of honour after the game was the final straw.

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 08:57 - Dec 11 with 6198 viewsSteve_M

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 08:50 - Dec 11 by BanburyBlue

Not many worse than losing to Lincoln....

Oh there are, that was crap but ultimately didn't really matter very much.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 08:58 - Dec 11 with 6199 viewsRadlett_blue

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 23:09 - Dec 10 by Che

I have hated West Ham ever since

I have hated Clive Thomas ever since.

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 10:46 - Dec 11 with 6115 viewsLightningboy

The 3-2 victory over Norwich in 2009 that got Jim the sack.
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 11:11 - Dec 11 with 6084 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Paul hurst accepting the town job!
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 11:49 - Dec 11 with 6051 viewspeterleeblue

Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 10:46 - Dec 11 by Lightningboy

The 3-2 victory over Norwich in 2009 that got Jim the sack.

Hmmm Yes the ultimate Karma for Evans in hindsight.
Worse Result in Town History (with nod to Garv for the video) on 11:49 - Dec 11 with 6048 viewspeterleeblue

Manchester United 9 Ipswich 0.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024