Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report 08:46 - Dec 11 with 8363 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nearly third of Jews say they are thinking of emigrating out of fears for their safety
European commissioner for justice urges Jeremy Corbyn to take heed of results

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/10/britain-has-worst-record-for-antise

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:17 - Dec 15 with 2011 viewsJ2BLUE

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 09:57 - Dec 11 by monytowbray

I think the best way to deal with these threads is post this and walk away. It's a problem for sure, but it's not exclusive to one party.

I would need to know the statements in order to take that seriously. As we've seen the definition for Antisemitism can vastly differ and according to some the definition is 'whatever we say it is'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:25 - Dec 15 with 1997 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Brexidiots (excl the OP, who seems far from an idiot) are right then. We are grrrreat at some things. How proud, eh?

I haven’t read through the posts, but presumably Corbyn is getting the blame. Sadly it’s more a symptom of the growing intolerance in the general public who’ve been emboldened by increasingly xenophobic elements of the right wing press. And ground down by elitist right wing policies and results of those policies. Not that antisemitism shouldn’t be tackled irrespective of political colour of course.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 13:31]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:27 - Dec 15 with 1993 viewsDanTheMan

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:17 - Dec 15 by J2BLUE

I would need to know the statements in order to take that seriously. As we've seen the definition for Antisemitism can vastly differ and according to some the definition is 'whatever we say it is'.

It's more to do with the agreeing with X number of statements.

https://antisemitism.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Antisemitism-Barometer-2017.p

There's quite a nice run down on it here:
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-antisemitism-political-parties

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:36 - Dec 15 with 1963 viewsSwansea_Blue

“I didn't realise this was a game of antisemitism top trumps”

On here?! Rookie error that old bean.

I firmly believe everyone who’s posted on this thread (I’ve read it now) is against, shamed and appalled by antisemetism. But since when has anyone of us passed up a chance to say my party’s got a bigger wanger than yours?

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:41 - Dec 15 with 1954 viewsLord_Lucan

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:25 - Dec 15 by Swansea_Blue

The Brexidiots (excl the OP, who seems far from an idiot) are right then. We are grrrreat at some things. How proud, eh?

I haven’t read through the posts, but presumably Corbyn is getting the blame. Sadly it’s more a symptom of the growing intolerance in the general public who’ve been emboldened by increasingly xenophobic elements of the right wing press. And ground down by elitist right wing policies and results of those policies. Not that antisemitism shouldn’t be tackled irrespective of political colour of course.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 13:31]

Brexidiots?

Wow.

This is one reason I'm embarrassed to be a remainer. So much abuse and scorn given to people with an opposite view.

Oh I forgot, all Brexiters are dumb racists, does that include the late Tony Benn, Jeremy Corbyn and George Galloway?

Grow up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:43 - Dec 15 with 1951 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is something very odd about this headline. "Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report" is followed by statistics that clearly show both France and Poland have Jews experiencing greater anti-Semitism.

It seems odd the article is trying to make a point that the statistics they then quote clearly contradict.

"Four out of five Jews in the UK believe antisemitism is a major problem"

"In France, 95% of Jews believe antisemitism is a very or fairly big problem, up from 85% when the poll was last run six years ago. Nine out of 10 Jews in France say they had faced expressions of hostility on the street."

"The survey found that 75% of Jewish people in the UK perceived antisemitism to be generally a very big or fairly big problem, up from 48% in 2012"

"Nine out of 10 Jews in Poland had been targeted with anti-semitism on the internet and 84% in Belgium reported having experienced antisemitism in their national media."

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:44 - Dec 15 with 1949 viewsm14_blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:41 - Dec 15 by Lord_Lucan

Brexidiots?

Wow.

This is one reason I'm embarrassed to be a remainer. So much abuse and scorn given to people with an opposite view.

Oh I forgot, all Brexiters are dumb racists, does that include the late Tony Benn, Jeremy Corbyn and George Galloway?

Grow up.

It’s no different to the ‘remoaner’ ‘libtard’ ‘snowflake’ nonsense that comes the other way though is it?

The referendum has left the country massively divided, to single out remainers as being behind that is just not true.
Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:47 - Dec 15 with 1943 viewsSwansea_Blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:41 - Dec 15 by Lord_Lucan

Brexidiots?

Wow.

Grow up.

Grow up?

It’s light hearted paraphrasing of what’s floating around these days, which obviously lost something in translation. Of course I don’t think everyone who voted leave is an idiot. People can vote what they want.

Login to get fewer ads

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:48 - Dec 15 with 1934 viewsHerbivore

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:47 - Dec 15 by Swansea_Blue

Grow up?

It’s light hearted paraphrasing of what’s floating around these days, which obviously lost something in translation. Of course I don’t think everyone who voted leave is an idiot. People can vote what they want.

Even idiots.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:50 - Dec 15 with 1929 viewsJ2BLUE

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:44 - Dec 15 by m14_blue

It’s no different to the ‘remoaner’ ‘libtard’ ‘snowflake’ nonsense that comes the other way though is it?

The referendum has left the country massively divided, to single out remainers as being behind that is just not true.

Those do seem to only be used by the most extreme of Brexiters while the majority of remainers use such terms.

I agree though, none of it does any good. As petty as it sounds I temporarily soften a little towards Brexit when I read terms like Brexidiots. Still, i've said all along that some people prefer to feel morally superior and get more out of saying all Brexiters are idiots than they would out of stopping Brexit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:52 - Dec 15 with 1923 viewsLord_Lucan

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:44 - Dec 15 by m14_blue

No, it's no different at all, but libtard and snowflake aren't - as far as I am aware - aimed at remainers, more aimed at the lilly livered bearded people wearing knitted shoes.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:53 - Dec 15 with 1919 viewsm14_blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:50 - Dec 15 by J2BLUE

Those do seem to only be used by the most extreme of Brexiters while the majority of remainers use such terms.

I agree though, none of it does any good. As petty as it sounds I temporarily soften a little towards Brexit when I read terms like Brexidiots. Still, i've said all along that some people prefer to feel morally superior and get more out of saying all Brexiters are idiots than they would out of stopping Brexit.

Maybe, although I’d say a straw poll on here would show a far larger proportion of Brexit voters throwing around insults than the other way (although obviously nowhere near all).

None of it is helpful though, as you say.
Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:56 - Dec 15 with 1912 viewsSwansea_Blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:48 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

Even idiots.

Yes, even idiots. Idiots have a right to vote however the Daily Mail tells them to

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:03 - Dec 15 with 1904 viewsSwansea_Blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:53 - Dec 15 by m14_blue

Maybe, although I’d say a straw poll on here would show a far larger proportion of Brexit voters throwing around insults than the other way (although obviously nowhere near all).

None of it is helpful though, as you say.

No it’s not helpful (as I’ve just shown ). But that’s what the Tories have turned us into, preceded by Campbell and his spin.

Divide and rule.

Anyway, back on topic. Discrimination is bad for whatever reason. But how anyone can condone antisemitism after the history of the 20th Century is beyond me.

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:08 - Dec 15 with 1896 viewsPinewoodblue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 13:47 - Dec 15 by Swansea_Blue

Grow up?

That's a ling winded way to say Bantz

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:11 - Dec 15 with 1888 viewsSwansea_Blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:08 - Dec 15 by Pinewoodblue

That's a ling winded way to say Bantz

Fair point. I’ll shut up.

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:14 - Dec 15 with 1881 viewsgiant_stow

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:11 - Dec 15 by Swansea_Blue

Fair point. I’ll shut up.

Don't be shouted down you pussy!

Brexiters are just feeling a little touchy about killing the country, which is understandable really.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:22 - Dec 15 with 1871 viewsSwansea_Blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:14 - Dec 15 by giant_stow

Brexiters are just feeling a little touchy about killing the country, which is understandable really.

Not sure how I feel about being called a pussy by someone who would happily suckle from Delia’s breasts. It’s a first for me .

They probably have a point. We do need to stop calling each other tvvats, just because we have different backgrounds of opinions. Which links quite nicely back to the OP. I’m out.

COYB!

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:22 - Dec 15 with 1868 viewsHerbivore

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:14 - Dec 15 by giant_stow

I think you'll find it's remoaners who are killing the country by not accepting the result and getting on board with the free unicorns and money trees for all when we cast off the EU shackles.

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:29 - Dec 15 with 1864 viewsgiant_stow

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:22 - Dec 15 by Swansea_Blue

Not sure how I feel about being called a pussy by someone who would happily suckle from Delia’s breasts. It’s a first for me .

They probably have a point. We do need to stop calling each other tvvats, just because we have different backgrounds of opinions. Which links quite nicely back to the OP. I’m out.

COYB!

(i didn;t mean it - I just get some weird joy from calling people pussys)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:29 - Dec 15 with 1861 viewsgiant_stow

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:22 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

I think you'll find it's remoaners who are killing the country by not accepting the result and getting on board with the free unicorns and money trees for all when we cast off the EU shackles.

Yes, I had a feeling it was our fault. Bring on the unicorns!

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:31 - Dec 15 with 1855 viewsHerbivore

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:29 - Dec 15 by giant_stow

Yes, I had a feeling it was our fault. Bring on the unicorns!

It'll be a donkey with a dildo strapped to its head.

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:32 - Dec 15 with 1857 viewsSwansea_Blue

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:29 - Dec 15 by giant_stow

(i didn;t mean it - I just get some weird joy from calling people pussys)

Funnily enough, I get the same feeling from calling people idiots

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:39 - Dec 15 with 1841 viewsgiant_stow

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:32 - Dec 15 by Swansea_Blue

Funnily enough, I get the same feeling from calling people idiots

Sick pups. As for that herbivor chatting about strapping dildos to Donkeys.... ouch!

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:48 - Dec 15 with 1840 viewsLord_Lucan

Britain has worst record for antisemitism in Europe says report on 14:22 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

Oi Herby

You're in Norwich aren't you? Rather than downvote my throw away knitted shoes comment why not join me for a beer - I'm in Nodge Wed - Friday evenings.

I won't bite, I might even buy you a beer!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024