Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the Daily Mail 19:16 - Dec 11 with 14260 viewstextbackup

have named the bloke from the Chelsea game, they've named his wife, his kids, they've put a photo up of his house. all this and he's not been arrested or contacted by the police.

now for what its worth, it looks as though he's said Black, not Manc, but i'm not a judge jury or executer.... and last time I checked neither were the papers.

if proved he hasn't said the word black then surely he's going to get some sort of pay out? if proved it was black then punish him accordingly.

but im pretty sure every single person in their footballing supporting lives will have shouted some form of abuse, whether it be delia being a whore, holt being a cnt, or we get sht refs.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

the Daily Mail on 04:44 - Dec 12 with 4667 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 19:58 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

Some take football far too seriously and need to grow up. You're right, some of what gets said wouldn't get said to somebody's face and crosses the line.

Its got nothing to do with growing up (im not talking about the Chelsea chap for the record M'Lord) Its called getting caught up in the passion/excitement of the game and crowd.

Are all oposition Gks fat bastards arrrhhhhhhh?
the Daily Mail on 04:54 - Dec 12 with 4664 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 03:58 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe it’s in bad taste but it’s only part of the football experience.

I sing it. Who really cares that much?

I sing it too.

I also sing the Huckerby song,the Norwich family song.

For the record though ive never sang the Fash song.

Football for the common man is dead,rip out all the seats and put in corporate boxes everywhere.
the Daily Mail on 09:32 - Dec 12 with 4595 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

the Daily Mail on 04:54 - Dec 12 by Benters2

I sing it too.

I also sing the Huckerby song,the Norwich family song.

For the record though ive never sang the Fash song.

Football for the common man is dead,rip out all the seats and put in corporate boxes everywhere.

Agree on this, Huckerby, Delia, etc. I will sing, but I refuse to start singing the Fashanu song - which some cretins tried to get going at Stoke on Saturday for about 30 seconds
the Daily Mail on 11:55 - Dec 12 with 4549 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 09:32 - Dec 12 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Agree on this, Huckerby, Delia, etc. I will sing, but I refuse to start singing the Fashanu song - which some cretins tried to get going at Stoke on Saturday for about 30 seconds

That cant be right ?

Stoke is nearly a 'northern game' and we are always told those attract 'a better class of supporter'.
the Daily Mail on 12:03 - Dec 12 with 4535 viewsclive_baker

the Daily Mail on 11:55 - Dec 12 by Benters2

That cant be right ?

Stoke is nearly a 'northern game' and we are always told those attract 'a better class of supporter'.

I make you right

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

the Daily Mail on 12:22 - Dec 12 with 4520 viewsSouperJim

the Daily Mail on 04:08 - Dec 12 by Superfrans

I’m sure she does. And so do the majority of women - I have season tickets with two women who certainly find it extremely offensive.

It’s clearly misogynist. You’d never hear such a song sung about a male chairman.

I do understand it’s all part of the tribalism, but that doesn’t make it any more acceptable.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, Nodge have never had a male celebrity chef as their majority shareholder. If they did, I'm sure he'd be fair game.

Some people are desperate to be offended by things. Was the Earnshaw song prejudiced against ugly people? etc

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

the Daily Mail on 12:45 - Dec 12 with 4489 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 12:03 - Dec 12 by clive_baker

I make you right

Thanks.
the Daily Mail on 12:46 - Dec 12 with 4482 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 12:22 - Dec 12 by SouperJim

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, Nodge have never had a male celebrity chef as their majority shareholder. If they did, I'm sure he'd be fair game.

Some people are desperate to be offended by things. Was the Earnshaw song prejudiced against ugly people? etc

I make you right.
Login to get fewer ads

the Daily Mail on 12:57 - Dec 12 with 4473 viewsjeera

I'm not sure chanting that a woman has questionable moral values and hoping that she will soon lose her life is quite the same as suggesting that someone else has a big nose.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

the Daily Mail on 13:13 - Dec 12 with 4455 viewsSuperfrans

The song calls her a "f****whore". If you think that's equivalent to mocking Earnshaw's looks, there probably isn't much point in continuing the discussion.

You don't have to be "desperate to be offended" (whatever that means) to see that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

the Daily Mail on 13:18 - Dec 12 with 4441 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 04:44 - Dec 12 by Benters2

Its got nothing to do with growing up (im not talking about the Chelsea chap for the record M'Lord) Its called getting caught up in the passion/excitement of the game and crowd.

Are all oposition Gks fat bastards arrrhhhhhhh?

I'm not talking about calling the goalkeeper a pie eater, Benters.

I'm talking about when some man baby takes stuff too far. Like calling the manager a paedo.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 13:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

the Daily Mail on 13:37 - Dec 12 with 4422 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 13:13 - Dec 12 by Superfrans

The song calls her a "f****whore". If you think that's equivalent to mocking Earnshaw's looks, there probably isn't much point in continuing the discussion.

You don't have to be "desperate to be offended" (whatever that means) to see that.

Does it? I havent heard that version.
the Daily Mail on 13:38 - Dec 12 with 4419 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 13:37 - Dec 12 by Benters2

Does it? I havent heard that version.

What version have you heard?

"She's a lovely lass"?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

the Daily Mail on 13:39 - Dec 12 with 4415 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 13:18 - Dec 12 by SpruceMoose

I'm not talking about calling the goalkeeper a pie eater, Benters.

I'm talking about when some man baby takes stuff too far. Like calling the manager a paedo.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 13:19]

I dont like it either.
the Daily Mail on 13:41 - Dec 12 with 4415 viewschicoazul

the Daily Mail on 20:10 - Dec 11 by LeoMuff

500k apparently....why do they do that house price thing ??

Because of the one thing everything in the UK is absolutely rooted in; class.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

the Daily Mail on 13:42 - Dec 12 with 4412 viewsBenters2

the Daily Mail on 13:38 - Dec 12 by SpruceMoose

What version have you heard?

"She's a lovely lass"?

Ive sang it many times it doesnt say fking to start with.
the Daily Mail on 13:43 - Dec 12 with 4411 viewschicoazul

the Daily Mail on 02:01 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I know it’s no relevance but I happen to have met Peter Shilton.

It was at a football tour years ago. We won the ‘fair play award’ and I was the captain. He presented it and then came and spoke for a bit afterwards. Really nice bloke. Half of my team didn’t know who he was which was a bit of a tragedy to football though.

In an amazing twist Peter Shilton is now married to esteemed TWTDer Lucan's ex girlfriend. Or something. I forget.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

the Daily Mail on 13:43 - Dec 12 with 4410 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 13:42 - Dec 12 by Benters2

Ive sang it many times it doesnt say fking to start with.

Do you also sing "Excuse me, while I'll kiss this guy' while enjoying a bit of Hendrix?

the Daily Mail on 13:47 - Dec 12 with 4404 viewseireblue

the Daily Mail on 12:57 - Dec 12 by jeera

I'm not sure chanting that a woman has questionable moral values and hoping that she will soon lose her life is quite the same as suggesting that someone else has a big nose.

“...someone else...”

An image of Jeera is starting to form.
the Daily Mail on 13:51 - Dec 12 with 4394 viewsjeera

the Daily Mail on 13:47 - Dec 12 by eireblue

“...someone else...”

An image of Jeera is starting to form.

Maltese on one side of the family, Jewish the other.

I had no chance.

*There's nothing wrong with my nose. Although there may be some potential for a Maltese Cross joke.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

the Daily Mail on 14:51 - Dec 12 with 4354 viewsSouperJim

the Daily Mail on 12:57 - Dec 12 by jeera

I doubt anyone who sings that song actually believes that Delia has secret extra source of income and they actually want her to die, any more than they believe that Earnshaw is an extraterrestrial life form.

Bantz bantz bantz.

the Daily Mail on 14:57 - Dec 12 with 4347 viewsSouperJim

the Daily Mail on 13:13 - Dec 12 by Superfrans

I do see that calling a woman a prostitute is probably a bit sexist, is it ok to tell her to stick her rolling pin up her harris sideways though? I mean, she is a "chef"...

My point is, football bantz is always likely to pick up on the blindly obvious, such is the level of humour. Woman = prozzie, Funny shaped head = alien. It's not big and it's not clever but it hardly seems worth getting your knickers in a twist over. See what I did there?

A guy who used to stand near me in the north had quite an impressive song which started with the line "Delia Smith is illegitimate, her food tastes likes someone's sh!t in it", but unfortunately it never caught on.

the Daily Mail on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 4345 viewsSuperfrans

the Daily Mail on 14:51 - Dec 12 by SouperJim

I doubt anyone who sings that song actually believes that Delia has secret extra source of income and they actually want her to die, any more than they believe that Earnshaw is an extraterrestrial life form.

Bantz bantz bantz.

I'm sure, if someone called your wife, girlfriend, sister or mum a "f***ing whore" in the street, you'd dismiss that as bantz too.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

the Daily Mail on 15:05 - Dec 12 with 4336 viewsSouperJim

the Daily Mail on 14:58 - Dec 12 by Superfrans

I'm sure, if someone called your wife, girlfriend, sister or mum a "f***ing whore" in the street, you'd dismiss that as bantz too.

My wife, girlfriend, sister and mum aren't celebrity chefs who run football clubs. If you're going to get upset about fans of your fierce rivals singing songs about you, then maybe stay out of the limelight and stop doing TV adverts with Kevin Bacon.

Besides, it's one thing for Delia to get upset about it, but other football fans getting upset about it on her behalf? Snowflakery, too much time on your hands.

the Daily Mail on 15:12 - Dec 12 with 4325 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 15:05 - Dec 12 by SouperJim

My wife, girlfriend, sister and mum aren't celebrity chefs who run football clubs. If you're going to get upset about fans of your fierce rivals singing songs about you, then maybe stay out of the limelight and stop doing TV adverts with Kevin Bacon.

Besides, it's one thing for Delia to get upset about it, but other football fans getting upset about it on her behalf? Snowflakery, too much time on your hands.

Why shut down a decent discussion by insulting the person you're talking with by calling them a snowflake?

FWIW I think you both have a point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024