Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the Daily Mail 19:16 - Dec 11 with 14215 viewstextbackup

have named the bloke from the Chelsea game, they've named his wife, his kids, they've put a photo up of his house. all this and he's not been arrested or contacted by the police.

now for what its worth, it looks as though he's said Black, not Manc, but i'm not a judge jury or executer.... and last time I checked neither were the papers.

if proved he hasn't said the word black then surely he's going to get some sort of pay out? if proved it was black then punish him accordingly.

but im pretty sure every single person in their footballing supporting lives will have shouted some form of abuse, whether it be delia being a whore, holt being a cnt, or we get sht refs.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

the Daily Mail on 19:24 - Dec 11 with 7489 viewsSpruceMoose

Tabloids are scum, and how quickly we forget their previous transgressions.

I often wonder how folk who buy The Sun reconcile themselves with the fact they support an organisation who hacked a murdered 13 year old girl's voicemail

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

the Daily Mail on 19:39 - Dec 11 with 7409 viewstextbackup

the Daily Mail on 19:24 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

I often wonder how folk who buy The Sun reconcile themselves with the fact they support an organisation who hacked a murdered 13 year old girl's voicemail

(I forgot to add I don't buy or read these papers usually, saw it over workmates shoulder)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

the Daily Mail on 19:40 - Dec 11 with 7408 viewsPinewoodblue

It doesn't need to be proved he didn't say the word 'black' it needs to be proved that he did if there is to be a conviction.

As for the Daily Mail they almost daily include some sort of apology for previous misdemeanours, nobody takes any notice but their readers lap up the original story.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

the Daily Mail on 19:42 - Dec 11 with 7388 viewschicoazul

How much is his house worth?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

the Daily Mail on 19:55 - Dec 11 with 7330 viewsstrikalite

That's disgusting naming his family, even to name him without being arrested let alone being charged is disgusting too, racial abuse is the lowest of lows I know, I thought we'd stamped that one out years ago, however, I can't help but think that in football it's generally been anything goes over the years in order to get into the heads of the best opposing teams player/players to gain an advantage, even to the point of not considering their actions, where do you draw the line with abuse though?

I remember my Father telling me that when Peter Shilton came to PR in the 80's with Forest. Town fans just kept taunting him with "Tina, Tina" all through the game whist he was up the North Stand end........the name of Shiltons partner who was killed in a car crash....shocking really..
None of those singing that would ever dream of saying that to him outside a football ground I'm sure, it was purely to unsettle him, at any cost...
the Daily Mail on 19:56 - Dec 11 with 7325 viewsScuzzer

If what you say is true then surely they are contravening GDPR and safeguarding...I guess they believe they can get away with mostly anything if they see it as 'in the public interest'. Also...its just not limited to printed matter...its all forms of media.
I am of the persuasion that what he said about 'Manc' rather than the players colour could well be truthful as standing behind them was a black guy...who didn't seem to be reacting at all at what was said....my wife said there also was a black steward, who I haven't seen, who similarly did not react.
Of course in all this I am no way defending any form of abuse but like many on here I am really sceptical of all that is presented to us through the lens of the media. Who knows Trump may have a point.

Established 1968

the Daily Mail on 19:58 - Dec 11 with 7313 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 19:55 - Dec 11 by strikalite

That's disgusting naming his family, even to name him without being arrested let alone being charged is disgusting too, racial abuse is the lowest of lows I know, I thought we'd stamped that one out years ago, however, I can't help but think that in football it's generally been anything goes over the years in order to get into the heads of the best opposing teams player/players to gain an advantage, even to the point of not considering their actions, where do you draw the line with abuse though?

I remember my Father telling me that when Peter Shilton came to PR in the 80's with Forest. Town fans just kept taunting him with "Tina, Tina" all through the game whist he was up the North Stand end........the name of Shiltons partner who was killed in a car crash....shocking really..
None of those singing that would ever dream of saying that to him outside a football ground I'm sure, it was purely to unsettle him, at any cost...

Some take football far too seriously and need to grow up. You're right, some of what gets said wouldn't get said to somebody's face and crosses the line.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

the Daily Mail on 20:00 - Dec 11 with 7300 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing like patriotic xenophobes calling out patriotic racists (alleged). Can we lock them all in a room together and throw away the key?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

the Daily Mail on 20:01 - Dec 11 with 7294 viewsSpruceMoose

Nice to get some upvotes for once around here... something must have changed.

the Daily Mail on 20:02 - Dec 11 with 7286 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 20:00 - Dec 11 by Swansea_Blue

Nothing like patriotic xenophobes calling out patriotic racists (alleged). Can we lock them all in a room together and throw away the key?

Would there be a fire involved, and the fire service turn up, but somehow they've got mixed up and filled up their fire engines with petrol instead of water?

If so, then yes.

the Daily Mail on 20:05 - Dec 11 with 7271 viewsSwansea_Blue

the Daily Mail on 20:02 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

Would there be a fire involved, and the fire service turn up, but somehow they've got mixed up and filled up their fire engines with petrol instead of water?

If so, then yes.

Fire engine you say? If we could somehow weave in a farmyard animal stuck in a ditch, it could be a scoop for the EADT.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

the Daily Mail on 20:10 - Dec 11 with 7243 viewsLeoMuff

the Daily Mail on 19:42 - Dec 11 by chicoazul

How much is his house worth?

500k apparently....why do they do that house price thing ??

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

the Daily Mail on 20:11 - Dec 11 with 7240 viewssundaze

From what I remember about Shilton, he was having an alleged affair with a young lady called Tina, he was actually married in 1970 and despite the alleged affair, it lasted 40 years. He used to get banter about the affair at away games, but that was before the young lady died and he always denied having any relationship with her.

I do remember the chant, but as this is a family site, I will not repeat it on here.
the Daily Mail on 20:11 - Dec 11 with 7228 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 20:10 - Dec 11 by LeoMuff

500k apparently....why do they do that house price thing ??

Politics of envy innit.

the Daily Mail on 23:04 - Dec 11 with 6907 viewsjeera

What the man did[n't] do is irrelevant to this.

Putting him and his family at potential risk is shameful.

How are there no laws to govern this kind of intrusion?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

the Daily Mail on 23:09 - Dec 11 with 6892 viewsLord_Lucan

the Daily Mail on 23:04 - Dec 11 by jeera

I agree

The bloke sounds a knob (at least) but this is trial and execution by media.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

the Daily Mail on 23:11 - Dec 11 with 6882 viewseireblue

Leveson Inquiry.

Rather predictably:

“Prime Minister David Cameron, under whose direction the inquiry had been established, said that he welcomed many of the findings, but declined to enact the requisite legislation. Part 2 of the inquiry was to be delayed until after criminal prosecutions regarding events at the News of the World,but the Conservative Party's 2017 manifesto stated that the second part of the inquiry would be dropped entirely, and this was confirmed by Culture Secretary Matt Hancock in a statement to the House of Commons on 1 March 2018.”
the Daily Mail on 23:17 - Dec 11 with 6850 viewsXYZ

"How are there no laws to govern this kind of intrusion? "

Is the answer "Because every UK PM from Thatcher onwards has had their tongue stuck up Rupert's arse"?
the Daily Mail on 23:27 - Dec 11 with 6815 viewsbluefunk

the Daily Mail on 19:58 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

Some take football far too seriously and need to grow up. You're right, some of what gets said wouldn't get said to somebody's face and crosses the line.

Before you get too self righteous, Shilton has just been caught in a car with said Tina, doing the wild thing, as it were, she had not died when the Nirth Stand gave him stick. Give ‘70’s Town fans some credit
the Daily Mail on 23:36 - Dec 11 with 6785 viewsnorth_stand77

I always cringe when I hear the Delia chant, it's not very classy in my opinion.
the Daily Mail on 02:01 - Dec 12 with 6664 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know it’s no relevance but I happen to have met Peter Shilton.

It was at a football tour years ago. We won the ‘fair play award’ and I was the captain. He presented it and then came and spoke for a bit afterwards. Really nice bloke. Half of my team didn’t know who he was which was a bit of a tragedy to football though.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

the Daily Mail on 02:23 - Dec 12 with 6642 viewsSpruceMoose

the Daily Mail on 02:01 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I know it’s no relevance but I happen to have met Peter Shilton.

It was at a football tour years ago. We won the ‘fair play award’ and I was the captain. He presented it and then came and spoke for a bit afterwards. Really nice bloke. Half of my team didn’t know who he was which was a bit of a tragedy to football though.

I blame him for us not winning Italia 90.

the Daily Mail on 03:26 - Dec 12 with 6619 viewsSuperfrans

the Daily Mail on 23:36 - Dec 11 by north_stand77

I always cringe when I hear the Delia chant, it's not very classy in my opinion.

It’s incredibly offensive and misogynist, and it reflects really badly on all of us tbh. There, I said it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

the Daily Mail on 03:58 - Dec 12 with 6603 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

the Daily Mail on 03:26 - Dec 12 by Superfrans

It’s incredibly offensive and misogynist, and it reflects really badly on all of us tbh. There, I said it.

Maybe it’s in bad taste but it’s only part of the football experience.

I sing it. Who really cares that much?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

the Daily Mail on 04:08 - Dec 12 with 6594 viewsSuperfrans

the Daily Mail on 03:58 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe it’s in bad taste but it’s only part of the football experience.

I sing it. Who really cares that much?

I’m sure she does. And so do the majority of women - I have season tickets with two women who certainly find it extremely offensive.

It’s clearly misogynist. You’d never hear such a song sung about a male chairman.

I do understand it’s all part of the tribalism, but that doesn’t make it any more acceptable.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024