Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just spoke to an agent... 23:45 - Dec 11 with 18046 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just a close friend of mine for years, has said Lambert is absolutely desperate to get in a veteran striker but is finding wages a big problem already.

Just a reality of how far behind we are with our wage structure. Even though Evans is the seventh richest owner in the football league and the number 1 millionaire ahead of Derby, Forest, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just spoke to an agent... on 23:54 - Dec 11 with 10108 viewsGuthrum

Not all riches are the same. An oil sheikh or Russian/Far Eastern tycoon will have far more cash available and fewer constraints on using it than a traditional Western businessman like Evans, most of whose wealth is tied up in company shares.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just spoke to an agent... on 23:57 - Dec 11 with 10081 viewsBlue_Blob

Just spoke to an agent... on 23:54 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

Not all riches are the same. An oil sheikh or Russian/Far Eastern tycoon will have far more cash available and fewer constraints on using it than a traditional Western businessman like Evans, most of whose wealth is tied up in company shares.

This is why I've always appreciated your post, a clear cut logical answer.
Just spoke to an agent... on 00:02 - Dec 12 with 10053 viewsStNeotsBlue

Give over. He chooses to invest at the level he does, which is his right, but to suggest he couldn't invest more is nonsense.
Just spoke to an agent... on 00:04 - Dec 12 with 10032 viewsSpruceMoose

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:02 - Dec 12 by StNeotsBlue

Give over. He chooses to invest at the level he does, which is his right, but to suggest he couldn't invest more is nonsense.

You're his accountant? You should have said before

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:13 - Dec 12 with 10001 viewsStNeotsBlue

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:04 - Dec 12 by SpruceMoose

You're his accountant? You should have said before

Thought I was quite clear, with his levels of investment it his right as to how much he throws at the club, but he is clearly wealthy enough to invest more than he does currently if he chooses to, he doesn't choose to at the moment.
Just spoke to an agent... on 00:18 - Dec 12 with 9985 viewsGuthrum

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:02 - Dec 12 by StNeotsBlue

A bit more, yes. But probably not all that much. He's not exactly going to start selling parts of his business to throw the money away on ITFC.

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:36 - Dec 12 with 9940 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Doesn’t Evans loan the money against one of his other businesses not his personal bank account?

Too me it just looks like he is wary of racking up bigger debt everytime he loans it from his other business entities, because ultimately he probably won’t get that back as he has always stated, so is he trying to keep his losses as minimal as possible?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 4:21]

Just spoke to an agent... on 01:31 - Dec 12 with 9886 viewsIllinoisblue

Wait, what? You’re saying recruiting good players is going to cost serious money? Who knew. Thank your agent friend for the insight.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Just spoke to an agent... on 02:02 - Dec 12 with 9838 viewsjeera

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:36 - Dec 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

Doesn’t Evans loan the money against one of his other businesses not his personal bank account?

Too me it just looks like he is wary of racking up bigger debt everytime he loans it from his other business entities, because ultimately he probably won’t get that back as he has always stated, so is he trying to keep his losses as minimal as possible?

Well that's just insane talk.

You'd think he'd want his losses to be as high as possible.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just spoke to an agent... on 03:14 - Dec 12 with 9772 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just spoke to an agent... on 02:02 - Dec 12 by jeera

Well that's just insane talk.

You'd think he'd want his losses to be as high as possible.

Why would he want his losses as high as possible if he isn’t going to reclaim it back?

The only way he could reclaim it is by wiping it with the sale of the club as no one is going to pay the £95m debt for a sinking club or he has to stick it out as he currently won’t reclaim the debt as he owns both entities of the loan?

Just spoke to an agent... on 03:53 - Dec 12 with 9743 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

The danger is that a few other championship clubs will also be pushing for new players dependent on whether they are in a promotion push/relegation battle. Chances are they will be in a better league position and offer more.
Just spoke to an agent... on 04:22 - Dec 12 with 9709 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just spoke to an agent... on 03:53 - Dec 12 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

The danger is that a few other championship clubs will also be pushing for new players dependent on whether they are in a promotion push/relegation battle. Chances are they will be in a better league position and offer more.

No doubt, we just can’t compete at this level anymore.

Just spoke to an agent... on 04:55 - Dec 12 with 9679 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Just spoke to an agent... on 04:22 - Dec 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

No doubt, we just can’t compete at this level anymore.

sad thing is we may be dropping down to our level.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Just spoke to an agent... on 05:45 - Dec 12 with 9606 viewsBenters2

Just spoke to an agent... on 01:31 - Dec 12 by Illinoisblue

Wait, what? You’re saying recruiting good players is going to cost serious money? Who knew. Thank your agent friend for the insight.

We will be alright Lambert has a £10m 'warchest' to spend in January
Just spoke to an agent... on 06:06 - Dec 12 with 9578 viewsshamboy

For all the sickly-sweet PR by Lambo, there is some very hard-edged bartering going on behind the scenes.
I have said it before, the Evans / Lambert relationship is unlikely to be easy. Lambo has a history of acrimonious partings.
Just spoke to an agent... on 06:25 - Dec 12 with 9486 viewsBenters2

What a load of waffle.

I know buy the club etc.
Just spoke to an agent... on 07:15 - Dec 12 with 9266 viewsBenters2

Just spoke to an agent... on 03:53 - Dec 12 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

We will have loads of links to keep the HCs happy...then it will fizzle out,and we will get a 35yr old injured striker on loan until the end of the season.

Balls.

End of.

I make me right.
Just spoke to an agent... on 07:20 - Dec 12 with 9233 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Just spoke to an agent... on 07:15 - Dec 12 by Benters2

We will have loads of links to keep the HCs happy...then it will fizzle out,and we will get a 35yr old injured striker on loan until the end of the season.

Balls.

End of.

I make me right.

I make you right, but you forgot to add we will acquire said striker just minutes before the end of the transfer window.
Just spoke to an agent... on 09:04 - Dec 12 with 8887 viewsagentp

Just spoke to an agent... on 03:14 - Dec 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

Why would he want his losses as high as possible if he isn’t going to reclaim it back?

The only way he could reclaim it is by wiping it with the sale of the club as no one is going to pay the £95m debt for a sinking club or he has to stick it out as he currently won’t reclaim the debt as he owns both entities of the loan?

Jeera's sarcasm clearly went over your head.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:14 - Dec 12 with 8824 viewsVic

So he’s now finding exactly the same as our last few managers have all discovered!

Word are cheap and it’s obvious that ME says what the new manager wants to hear, but when the rubber hits the road his idea of decent financial support is out of sync with the sort of finance clout that is really necessary these days. As a few have commented before, when he came in his investment was decent enough in comparison to others; but now what he puts in is just dwarfed by others. It’s not his fault - I for one appreciate his ongoing input. But if he really wants the best for the club he should be looking for fresh financial input - maybe by selling or by getting another invested in alongside him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:16 - Dec 12 with 8806 viewsBloomBlue

He has other businesses, are you saying he should spend all his money on Town and ignore those businesses / workers?

What you need is a rich Arab who couldn't care less about paying their workers povety wages and spending it all on Town
Just spoke to an agent... on 09:19 - Dec 12 with 8786 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans in not prepared to pay the required money shock.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:19 - Dec 12 with 8790 viewsfooters

It's amazing that people don't understand the difference between personal wealth and the nominal value of a company... still.

And your mate, the agent, is he an estate agent or travel agent?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:43 - Dec 12 with 8695 viewsGuthrum

Just spoke to an agent... on 00:36 - Dec 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

The businesses don't necessarily have the spare cash to put in, either. Plus there will be other people having a stake in where that money goes.

And it is real money flowing into the club - wages and supplier bills cannot be settled with imaginative debt shuffling.

Just spoke to an agent... on 09:52 - Dec 12 with 8651 viewsDeano69

Just spoke to an agent... on 07:20 - Dec 12 by backwiththeboysagain

I make you right, but you forgot to add we will acquire said striker just minutes before the end of the transfer window.

Or sell Sears with minutes to go and replace with ...... nothing.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024