Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... 09:15 - Dec 12 with 6850 viewsReuser_is_God

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/town-s-potential-january-targets-part-one-midfielde

I'm sorry to be negative but I'd be absolutely amazed if any of those listed will join us in January.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:18 - Dec 12 with 6099 viewsitfcjoe

I think there is proper money to spend on loanees in jan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:20 - Dec 12 with 6087 viewsReuser_is_God

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:18 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

I think there is proper money to spend on loanees in jan

I can't see any of those not requiring us to pay 20k a week plus though in wages.

Evans out

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:21 - Dec 12 with 6069 viewsKieran_Knows

Would take Lansbury in a heartbeat.

Agree though, seems some ridiculously expensive 'targets' there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:24 - Dec 12 with 6063 viewsReuser_is_God

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:21 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

I just don't see us getting in the 4/5 quality players we need who, even on loan, will require us to pay 20k+ a week for each of them.

Evans out

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:25 - Dec 12 with 6053 viewsheavyweight

Is the midfiled the priority ?
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:27 - Dec 12 with 6040 viewsReuser_is_God

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:25 - Dec 12 by heavyweight

Is the midfiled the priority ?

Probably not number 1 priority but more quality in there wouldn't be a bad thing, especially with Skuse out.

Evans out

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:29 - Dec 12 with 6037 viewsRobTheMonk

Joe Ledley is the one that springs out to me. Unspectucular but solid. Matty James wouldn't be terrible providing he stays fit.

It all depends on if Lambert wants experienced pros along the lines of Fletcher/Adam.
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:33 - Dec 12 with 6016 viewsTIB

Bridcutt or Ledley I'd certainly prefer to see over Chalobah and Lansbury would add that midfield threat and quality that we need. That Right Back slot needs sorting though, maybe even ship Jonas over and get in a new LB.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 9:34]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:35 - Dec 12 with 5994 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:33 - Dec 12 by TIB

Bridcutt or Ledley I'd certainly prefer to see over Chalobah and Lansbury would add that midfield threat and quality that we need. That Right Back slot needs sorting though, maybe even ship Jonas over and get in a new LB.

Are you suggesting we play Knudsen at RB? The guy can't play very well at LB, let alone RB.
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:37 - Dec 12 with 5993 viewsIpswichKnight

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:33 - Dec 12 by TIB

As much as I hate Lansbury he would add some proper class to our midfield. Don't think Knudsen will be hear past mid January.
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:38 - Dec 12 with 5979 viewsReuser_is_God

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:37 - Dec 12 by IpswichKnight

As much as I hate Lansbury he would add some proper class to our midfield. Don't think Knudsen will be hear past mid January.

I don't understand the hate towards Lansbury.

Evans out

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:40 - Dec 12 with 5980 viewsitfc48

5 players @ £20k per week = £100k per week for half a season.
Relegation to L1 = £6-£7m lost in revenue per season which is over £100k per week for a whole year minimum.

Worth a gamble I reckon.
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:44 - Dec 12 with 5965 viewsReuser_is_God

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:40 - Dec 12 by itfc48

Relegation to L1 = £6-£7m lost in revenue per season which is over £100k per week for a whole year minimum.

Worth a gamble I reckon.

Of course but this is Marcus Evans we're talking about.

Imagine if he had gambled in January 2015? We may well be sitting where Bournemouth are now.

Evans out

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:46 - Dec 12 with 5956 viewsitfcjoe

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:20 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

I can't see any of those not requiring us to pay 20k a week plus though in wages.

I don't think that will be a problem

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:49 - Dec 12 with 5926 viewsKieran_Knows

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:24 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

I just don't see us getting in the 4/5 quality players we need who, even on loan, will require us to pay 20k+ a week for each of them.

I get what you're saying (also your comment below about Evans), but he's got 2 choices. Back Lambert to give us a fighting chance of staying up, or plod along again and probably go down with one of the lowest points tally.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:51 - Dec 12 with 5913 viewsitfc48

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:44 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

Imagine if he had gambled in January 2015? We may well be sitting where Bournemouth are now.

You'd have hoped he'd have learned from that. If Harry is still advising him. he'll be willing him to spash the cash. Defoe, Crouch and Kranjcar will be here before you know it!
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:51 - Dec 12 with 5910 viewsSuperfrans

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:24 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

But I wouldn't be surprised if we sent Chalobah back, if we can get someone better for his role. That would potentially give us 5 loanee berths.

I can't see us signing anyone on a permanent deal beyond the end of this season. We can't risk taking hefty wages into League 1.

The only possibility of additional signings, I guess, will be if parent clubs cancel certain players' contracts (assuming their contracts are up in the summer), making them free agents and allowing us to sign them until June.

All in theory, of course.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:57 - Dec 12 with 5881 viewsWhymarkmariner

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:21 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

I think you'll find Lansbury was in "Murder she wrote" not "Heartbeat" Sorry just being silly.
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:02 - Dec 12 with 5856 viewsTIB

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:35 - Dec 12 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Are you suggesting we play Knudsen at RB? The guy can't play very well at LB, let alone RB.

*ship out

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:22 - Dec 12 with 5783 viewsGuthrum

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:44 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

Different scenario.

In 2015 we were going for a promotion which was looking possible even without serious investment. Now we are fighting to avoid a hugely damaging relegation which is inevitable without a significant injection of cash for new players. The first could be perceived as a luxury, this is vital.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:24 - Dec 12 with 5778 viewsdavblue

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:40 - Dec 12 by itfc48

Worth a gamble I reckon.

Genuine question.

Would it not be worth investing that in the team across the board to start to get us ready for next season?

I genuinely think even with that investment in Jan in loans we are down, so why not start to build for next season rather than short term loans who lets face it are all going to have to come off in a big way to keep us up.
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:24 - Dec 12 with 5774 viewsTIB

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 09:38 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

I don't understand the hate towards Lansbury.

He does have an air of arrogance / confidence about him...but that's exactly what we need right now.

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:29 - Dec 12 with 5750 viewsclive_baker

A couple of those would be nice but we'll need a right back and a goalscorer too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:30 - Dec 12 with 5747 viewsElephantintheRoom

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:22 - Dec 12 by Guthrum

Different scenario.

In 2015 we were going for a promotion which was looking possible even without serious investment. Now we are fighting to avoid a hugely damaging relegation which is inevitable without a significant injection of cash for new players. The first could be perceived as a luxury, this is vital.

You assume relegation will be hugely damaging. Evans - and others might assume that relegation would be hugely beneficial. The support base has been winging for years about stagnating in the second division. A peek at life in the 3rd might take a few cataracts off those myopic eyes. Evans has a five point plan based on youth and players from lower divisions. He can kick start than plan in division 3 - assuming his previous failing managers lacked the nous to follow the plan. A peek at the top half of the Prem reveals a significant number have come up from the third division while Town have been stagnating - indicating that the third division is a good place to generate upward mobility. From an asset-stripping point of view Evans can sell players to further their careers with less winging. And in the short term attendances might well increase.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:43 - Dec 12 with 5690 viewsclive_baker

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:30 - Dec 12 by ElephantintheRoom

You assume relegation will be hugely damaging. Evans - and others might assume that relegation would be hugely beneficial. The support base has been winging for years about stagnating in the second division. A peek at life in the 3rd might take a few cataracts off those myopic eyes. Evans has a five point plan based on youth and players from lower divisions. He can kick start than plan in division 3 - assuming his previous failing managers lacked the nous to follow the plan. A peek at the top half of the Prem reveals a significant number have come up from the third division while Town have been stagnating - indicating that the third division is a good place to generate upward mobility. From an asset-stripping point of view Evans can sell players to further their careers with less winging. And in the short term attendances might well increase.

You don't half talk some rubbish canaryintheroom

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024