Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... 09:15 - Dec 12 with 6822 viewsReuser_is_God

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/town-s-potential-january-targets-part-one-midfielde

I'm sorry to be negative but I'd be absolutely amazed if any of those listed will join us in January.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:46 - Dec 12 with 724 viewsFrankMarshall

Will probably end up with Cameron Stewart.

Frank Marshall

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 11:09 - Dec 12 with 694 viewsGuthrum

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 10:30 - Dec 12 by ElephantintheRoom

You assume relegation will be hugely damaging. Evans - and others might assume that relegation would be hugely beneficial. The support base has been winging for years about stagnating in the second division. A peek at life in the 3rd might take a few cataracts off those myopic eyes. Evans has a five point plan based on youth and players from lower divisions. He can kick start than plan in division 3 - assuming his previous failing managers lacked the nous to follow the plan. A peek at the top half of the Prem reveals a significant number have come up from the third division while Town have been stagnating - indicating that the third division is a good place to generate upward mobility. From an asset-stripping point of view Evans can sell players to further their careers with less winging. And in the short term attendances might well increase.

Seven out of the top ten in the Prem have not been below the top two tiers for longer than us (several of them never).

Man City have not been down since their one season in 1998-99 (some time before the start of the current rise). Leicester City likewise in 2008-09 (took five years to gain promotion from the Champ afterwards). Bournemouth are the only ones who really accelerated through the divisions after promotion from League One.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 14:37 - Dec 12 with 636 viewsFrimleyBlue

Any of those, plus Wickham on loan i'd be happy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

EADT with some midfield options for us in January..... on 15:43 - Dec 12 with 614 viewsThisIsMyUsername

It's depressing that our best/most realistic transfer prospects are the players who can't get games at other Championship sides, and/or a couple of young Premiership loans.

A lot of those players are decent, yes, but it shows what a gap there is in quality between us and large amounts of the rest of the division.

Unless there is a massive change in ME's investment policy (which we all know won't happen) I'm really not hopeful of getting out of it, regardless of who signs.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024