Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ 12:43 - Dec 12 with 9961 viewsElderGrizzly

Ironic eh....

She needed 158 to stay as leader
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:44 - Dec 12 with 5040 viewsclive_baker

Yay! In Theresa I trust!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:47 - Dec 12 with 5025 viewswkj

Is that enough? I know that a narrow win in this situations can be enough to force resignation as they can't be sure of running a government on key votes. If she wins by a narrow margin, she's only going to have a year of hell politically.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:49 - Dec 12 with 5001 viewsXYZ

That's about 52% …

Presumably counts as a landslide in leaver logic.
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:49 - Dec 12 with 4999 viewsElderGrizzly

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:47 - Dec 12 by wkj

Is that enough? I know that a narrow win in this situations can be enough to force resignation as they can't be sure of running a government on key votes. If she wins by a narrow margin, she's only going to have a year of hell politically.

It means the likes of Rees-Mogg and Johnson need to shut up for a year anyway and can’t trigger another vote of no confidence.

Hopefully a chance to remain is back on the table too
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:51 - Dec 12 with 4984 viewswkj

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:49 - Dec 12 by ElderGrizzly

It means the likes of Rees-Mogg and Johnson need to shut up for a year anyway and can’t trigger another vote of no confidence.

Possibly, though I see her resigning if its a narrow win personally.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:55 - Dec 12 with 4960 viewsJ2BLUE

In a blind ballot i'm not sure I trust those numbers. Why not say you're backing her and appear loyal? You can have it both ways.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:56 - Dec 12 with 4954 viewsuefacup81

I wouldn't be sure of anything until the votes are in. The BBC are reporting that at least five senior ministers who've backed her publicly this morning plan to vote against her tonight.

Even if she only wins by one vote, though, I cannot see her resigning. She's starting to look more and more like Thatcher in her final days as leader.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:58 - Dec 12 with 4935 viewsclive_baker

In all seriousness I think this increases the likelihood of no Brexit, if she does stay on.

She'll come back with her deal, including a little more clarity on the backstop, take it to the house to a vote which will be voted down, then we'll be left with no deal or no brexit which would increase pressure to put the decision back to the public which would vote remain IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:03 - Dec 12 with 4904 viewsNo9

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:58 - Dec 12 by clive_baker

In all seriousness I think this increases the likelihood of no Brexit, if she does stay on.

She'll come back with her deal, including a little more clarity on the backstop, take it to the house to a vote which will be voted down, then we'll be left with no deal or no brexit which would increase pressure to put the decision back to the public which would vote remain IMO.

Two points
1/ Unlikley there is sufficient time for a second ref. now.

2/ Fairly easy for the brexiteers to talk this out & into a no deal scenario.

Fixed term parliament law effectively make it difficult to have a vote of no confidencei any government UNLESS those bringing the vote are completely sure they can win that vote.

I suggest this scenario was planned when Mr Cameron annouced there would be a referendum.
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:03 - Dec 12 with 4897 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:49 - Dec 12 by XYZ

That's about 52% …

Presumably counts as a landslide in leaver logic.

Jezza lost his confidence vote by 81%.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:05 - Dec 12 with 4878 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's a secret ballot. Some of them are probably lying.

Iron Lion Zion

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:07 - Dec 12 with 4860 viewsuefacup81

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:03 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

And therein lies the rub. These days the wills of the Parliamentary Parties are so far removed from the wills of the grassroots members as to be completely unrepresentative of their members.

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:07 - Dec 12 with 4857 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:49 - Dec 12 by ElderGrizzly

Rumour has it that she will tell the 1922 that she won't fight the next election.

Iron Lion Zion

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:08 - Dec 12 with 4851 viewsMalcolmBlue

Don't forget that it only took 45% of tory MPs to oust Thatcher.

If over 100 MPs vote to kick May out she might be in a position where she has to resign regardless if she wins or not. Historically Tory leaders set their own personal threshold of support from around a third of their MPs rather than the required half.

If you think about it if May did only just manager to get the required 158 she would only have the support of 24% of the House of Commons!

Personally though I think May will get enough to stay on, I think it's too early for a vote of no-confidence. If the meaningful vote had taken place then I think it would be a completely different story.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:08 - Dec 12 with 4849 viewsNo9

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:05 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

It's a secret ballot. Some of them are probably lying.

Who was it who named them 'duplicitous b@stards' ?
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:10 - Dec 12 with 4836 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:08 - Dec 12 by MalcolmBlue

Don't forget that it only took 45% of tory MPs to oust Thatcher.

If over 100 MPs vote to kick May out she might be in a position where she has to resign regardless if she wins or not. Historically Tory leaders set their own personal threshold of support from around a third of their MPs rather than the required half.

If you think about it if May did only just manager to get the required 158 she would only have the support of 24% of the House of Commons!

Personally though I think May will get enough to stay on, I think it's too early for a vote of no-confidence. If the meaningful vote had taken place then I think it would be a completely different story.

That was a leadership election that forced Thatcher out. This is a confidence motion.

Iron Lion Zion

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:10 - Dec 12 with 4837 viewsuefacup81

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:08 - Dec 12 by No9

Who was it who named them 'duplicitous b@stards' ?

John Major - and he actually had the balls to essentially call for a motion of no confidence in himself!

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:14 - Dec 12 with 4804 viewsXYZ

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:03 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

And … ?

That was an opinion poll. This is a tory rule book process.

And it (my post) was a light-hearted joke. Chill.
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:19 - Dec 12 with 4774 viewsMalcolmBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:10 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

That was a leadership election that forced Thatcher out. This is a confidence motion.

My point being Thatcher still won and resigned. Read the rest of my post.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:20 - Dec 12 with 4768 viewsElderGrizzly

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:07 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

Rumour has it that she will tell the 1922 that she won't fight the next election.

That’s fairly obvious i would have thought. If i was her i’d be thinking feck em....
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:26 - Dec 12 with 4747 viewsuefacup81

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:19 - Dec 12 by MalcolmBlue

I dare say she'll hang on as long as there are government contracts that have yet to end up with G4S - Mr May wouldn't be happy if not...

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:28 - Dec 12 with 4738 viewsJ2BLUE

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:20 - Dec 12 by ElderGrizzly

That’s fairly obvious i would have thought. If i was her i’d be thinking feck em....

What do you predict for the vote?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:40 - Dec 12 with 4686 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:14 - Dec 12 by XYZ

And … ?

That was an opinion poll. This is a tory rule book process.

And it (my post) was a light-hearted joke. Chill.

I live in Scotland. I'm in a permanent state of chill.

Both Jezza's and May's votes are confidence from their respective parliamentary party colleagues.

Iron Lion Zion

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:41 - Dec 12 with 4682 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:19 - Dec 12 by MalcolmBlue

Completely different scenarios. Thater didn't get enough to win outright so had to go through to a second round. Which she was advised she would lose.

If May wins by just one vote then she wins full stop.

Iron Lion Zion

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 13:42 - Dec 12 with 4672 viewseireblue

I know this post is a bit silly.

Hard Brexiteers seemed to have been trying very hard to oust May. Cabinet resignations,talk of putting letters in and finally getting to 48 or above.

Surely if May is still PM tomorrow, they have lost.

So wouldn’t the honourable ( yes I know ), thing to do be, either vote for other options, like May’s deal, or abstain.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024