Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... 13:15 - Dec 12 with 2187 viewsSpruceMoose

What have y'all been reading of late? Gimme some suggestions for some literature to pick up for the Christmas break.

(This is in no way a thinly veiled admission that I don't know what to get my wife for Christmas).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:18 - Dec 12 with 2177 viewsJ2BLUE

A divorce. She'll love it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:19 - Dec 12 with 2172 viewsGeoffSentence

I have been reading books by Gregg Dunnett.

The Wave At Hanging Rock
Desert Run
The Things You Find In Rockpools
The Girl On The Burning Boat

All psychological thrillers with surfing/sailing based adventure thrown in.

And all cracking reads.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:27 - Dec 12 with 2161 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:18 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

A divorce. She'll love it.

Really, I'm only looking for advice from blokes who have got past first base so far in their life. Ta though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:28 - Dec 12 with 2160 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:19 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

I have been reading books by Gregg Dunnett.

The Wave At Hanging Rock
Desert Run
The Things You Find In Rockpools
The Girl On The Burning Boat

All psychological thrillers with surfing/sailing based adventure thrown in.

And all cracking reads.

Thanks Geoffrey. I'll look those up and see if any look like getting the juices flowing.

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:40 - Dec 12 with 2136 viewsSteve_M

Nine Pints. Not a description of a day at the football but a fascinating account of blood ranging from, human understanding of it, it's place in popular culture to the use of it in medicine. I found it really interesting.

https://www.rosegeorge.com/nine-pints

Edit: to add a review:
https://www.economist.com/books-and-arts/2018/11/24/the-history-and-heroes-of-bl

My next book is going to be Leviathan:

https://www.harpercollins.co.uk/9780007230143/leviathan/
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 13:42]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:54 - Dec 12 with 2122 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:56 - Dec 12 with 2120 viewsIllinoisblue

this arrived last week. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0340649690/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UT

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:59 - Dec 12 with 2109 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:54 - Dec 12 by factual_blue

Facters.

I'm coming for you.

Login to get fewer ads

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:59 - Dec 12 with 2103 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:56 - Dec 12 by Illinoisblue

this arrived last week. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0340649690/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UT

Did you go for the $80 hardback or the $1 dollar paperback?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:02 - Dec 12 with 2089 viewsIllinoisblue

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:59 - Dec 12 by SpruceMoose

Did you go for the $80 hardback or the $1 dollar paperback?

I went for the used paperback, $3.80 I think I paid. Which was less than the shipping :-)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:09 - Dec 12 with 2075 viewsDebsyAngel

"Cat Daddy" by Jackson Galaxy. No idea if anyone on here has heard of him!

He is a cat behavioural person who has a show on Animal Planet called "My Cat From Hell".

Good book as well.
In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:10 - Dec 12 with 2074 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just finished F*** You Very Much, by Danny Wallace. A report on rudeness. Pretty good, funny (though not as funny as some of his other books) and ultimately depressing when you conclude that rudeness is getting worse.

Quite a few on TWTD could do with reading it.

Currently on Thinking About It Only Makes It Worse by David Mitchell, which is much better and also very funny. Basically him moaning about modern life.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:13 - Dec 12 with 2065 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:09 - Dec 12 by DebsyAngel

"Cat Daddy" by Jackson Galaxy. No idea if anyone on here has heard of him!

He is a cat behavioural person who has a show on Animal Planet called "My Cat From Hell".

Good book as well.

Is he the dude who keeps cat toys in a guitar case and by night strangles stray cats while staring deep into their eyes?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:14 - Dec 12 with 2064 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:10 - Dec 12 by BrixtonBlue

Just finished F*** You Very Much, by Danny Wallace. A report on rudeness. Pretty good, funny (though not as funny as some of his other books) and ultimately depressing when you conclude that rudeness is getting worse.

Quite a few on TWTD could do with reading it.

Currently on Thinking About It Only Makes It Worse by David Mitchell, which is much better and also very funny. Basically him moaning about modern life.

I look forward to seeing you implement the lessons and enjoy your new polite posting style then Dollers!

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:34 - Dec 12 with 2047 viewsfactual_blue

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:59 - Dec 12 by SpruceMoose

Facters.

I'm coming for you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 2023 viewsIpswichKnight

Why We Get the Wrong Politicians by Isobel Hardman
In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 15:01 - Dec 12 with 2016 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 14:58 - Dec 12 by IpswichKnight

Why We Get the Wrong Politicians by Isobel Hardman

Well, that sounds very depressing.

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 15:06 - Dec 12 with 2010 viewsSuperfrans

Too much stuff that's utterly depressing, like Michael Lewis's The Fifth Risk, Fear by Bob Woodward and the Tim Shipman books.

Just in the middle of reading Lily Allen's book now. It has changed my view of her - a very honest biog.

Really haven't read anywhere near enough fiction this year though... I'm going to try to treat myself over Xmas...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 15:10 - Dec 12 with 2002 viewsKeno

Twi things may surprise you firstly I have a soft sensitive side and secondly I read a lot but when not sure what to read will pick a book from the kindle reading list

I really enjoyed this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Bride-Wedding-Tree-Book-ebook/dp/B01839Q4TU/ref=

she will love this.

Give this you and when she finishes reading you will 'get some'

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 15:11 - Dec 12 with 2001 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 15:06 - Dec 12 by Superfrans

Too much stuff that's utterly depressing, like Michael Lewis's The Fifth Risk, Fear by Bob Woodward and the Tim Shipman books.

Just in the middle of reading Lily Allen's book now. It has changed my view of her - a very honest biog.

Really haven't read anywhere near enough fiction this year though... I'm going to try to treat myself over Xmas...

Me either. When I was younger I used to read furiously, but over the last couple of years life has got in the way a bit, so much to the extent that the Missus said to me the other night 'Why don't you read anymore'?

2019, the year of me learning to read again.

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 16:26 - Dec 12 with 1974 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just read this (early self-bought Christmas present as it was cheap):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/East-West-Street-Non-fiction-Book/dp/147460191X/ref=sr_

Hopefully getting this from Mrs Oozami for Christmas:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-Barrister-Stories-Law-Broken/dp/1509841105/ref=s

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 16:41 - Dec 12 with 1963 viewsJ2BLUE

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 13:27 - Dec 12 by SpruceMoose

Really, I'm only looking for advice from blokes who have got past first base so far in their life. Ta though.

With your wife? Not exactly narrowing the field.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 1945 viewsSpruceMoose

In keeping with Chico's library thread yesterday... on 16:41 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

With your wife? Not exactly narrowing the field.

Jokes on you buddy. You've not seen the wife!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024