Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May survives (n/t) 21:01 - Dec 12 with 4751 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

May survives (n/t) on 21:48 - Dec 12 with 1446 viewsjimmyvet

May survives (n/t) on 21:33 - Dec 12 by stig4532

Over 160 Tory MPs are on the Government payroll (having a direct role in government policy) so 117 'independent' MPs is a substantial number, irrespective of my first point.

TM has proven she cannot command a majority in the House, therefore she should resign

A bit like when I think over 170 versus 40 Labour MPS voted No confidence for the great leader did he resign? I don’t think so May wins by a huge majority and you think she should resign no wonder Diane Abbott has such support amongst the hard left and their strange arithmetic!!
May survives (n/t) on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 1442 viewsBloomBlue

Over 160 Tory MPs are on the Government payroll (having a direct role in government policy) so 117 'independent' MPs is a substantial number, irrespective of my first point.

TM has proven she cannot command a majority in the House, therefore she should resign

Isn't that a good thing for democracy?
May survives (n/t) on 21:56 - Dec 12 with 1420 viewsstig4532

May survives (n/t) on 21:48 - Dec 12 by jimmyvet

A bit like when I think over 170 versus 40 Labour MPS voted No confidence for the great leader did he resign? I don’t think so May wins by a huge majority and you think she should resign no wonder Diane Abbott has such support amongst the hard left and their strange arithmetic!!

Corbyn won because the members backed him. Tory rules are different.

And I'm not even left wing?
May survives (n/t) on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 1411 viewsm14_blue

Oh dear, clinging to JRM’s desperate reasoning.

It was a secret ballot.
May survives (n/t) on 22:25 - Dec 12 with 1366 viewsBloomBlue

May survives (n/t) on 21:45 - Dec 12 by Guthrum

Obviously we only have what MPs who were in the Committee Room have revealed. However most seem to agree that she pledged to stand down before the next scheduled General Election, but refused to say she would go if one happened earlier.

Well that's probably because as it stand she'll be the one calling the next general election.
May survives (n/t) on 22:52 - Dec 12 with 1343 viewsjimmyvet

May survives (n/t) on 21:56 - Dec 12 by stig4532

Corbyn won because the members backed him. Tory rules are different.

And I'm not even left wing?

Yes but 172 of his colleagues who have the displeasure of working with him and his team daily realise how hopeless he is and want him out clearly or have they all changed their mind? Just find it strange May wins a vote with a thumping majority and she should resign Corbyn loses a vote with a thumping majority and you believe that’s fine, the politics of madness and Diane Abbott!
May survives (n/t) on 23:14 - Dec 12 with 1321 viewsXYZ

May survives (n/t) on 22:52 - Dec 12 by jimmyvet

Yes but 172 of his colleagues who have the displeasure of working with him and his team daily realise how hopeless he is and want him out clearly or have they all changed their mind? Just find it strange May wins a vote with a thumping majority and she should resign Corbyn loses a vote with a thumping majority and you believe that’s fine, the politics of madness and Diane Abbott!

It's about following rules - applying laws.

The vote against Corbyn was of no consequence under Labour Part rules - it was an opinion poll.

The vote against May was part of the Tory Party constitution - i.e. "real".

When was this vote against Corbyn by the way?
May survives (n/t) on 07:53 - Dec 13 with 1245 viewsGlasgowBlue

May survives (n/t) on 23:14 - Dec 12 by XYZ

It's about following rules - applying laws.

The vote against Corbyn was of no consequence under Labour Part rules - it was an opinion poll.

The vote against May was part of the Tory Party constitution - i.e. "real".

When was this vote against Corbyn by the way?

Of course a no confidence vote in the Labour Party has consequences. Under both Labour and Tory party rules, a vote of no confidence triggers a leadership election. The only difference is that in the Tory party the incumbent does not automatically go onto the ballot to face the members whereas Labour ruled in 2016 that he or she does.

Of course the Corbyn case was unprecedented, as normally any party leader with a shred of dignity resigns when they have lost the confidence of their parliamentary colleagues.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

May survives (n/t) on 08:23 - Dec 13 with 1221 viewsStokieBlue

May survives (n/t) on 07:53 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

Of course a no confidence vote in the Labour Party has consequences. Under both Labour and Tory party rules, a vote of no confidence triggers a leadership election. The only difference is that in the Tory party the incumbent does not automatically go onto the ballot to face the members whereas Labour ruled in 2016 that he or she does.

Of course the Corbyn case was unprecedented, as normally any party leader with a shred of dignity resigns when they have lost the confidence of their parliamentary colleagues.

McDonnell was just called out on this exactly point on Radio 5.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

May survives (n/t) on 08:27 - Dec 13 with 1215 viewsGlasgowBlue

May survives (n/t) on 08:23 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

McDonnell was just called out on this exactly point on Radio 5.

SB

And they are rightly being called out over their hypocrisy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

May survives (n/t) on 08:35 - Dec 13 with 1202 viewschicoazul

May survives (n/t) on 08:27 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

And they are rightly being called out over their hypocrisy.

Haha that's great.
As I said the other day, it's all very funny watching the ERG wingnuts twisting themselves in linguistic knots trying to justify how on the one hand May winning pretty narrowly means she should go while Leave winning pretty narrowly means we should leave.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

May survives (n/t) on 09:10 - Dec 13 with 1178 viewsfactual_blue

May survives (n/t) on 21:11 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

The great escape.

A good omen for ITFC?

How many prisoners actually escaped in The Great Escape?
Of the 76 men who escaped, 3 made it home to the UK. 23 were recaptured and sent back to Sagan. Hitler personally ordered the execution of the other 50 men. The commandant of Stalag Luft III, Lindeiner, was court-martialed by the Gestapo for not preventing the escape.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024