Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM FOR SATURDAY 21:50 - Dec 12 with 4140 viewsitfcpaul

Whose your 11 starters for Saturday?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 22:28 - Dec 12 with 4091 viewsBloomBlue

Gerk plus 10 others
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 23:09 - Dec 12 with 4071 viewsNthsuffolkblue

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 22:28 - Dec 12 by BloomBlue

Gerk plus 10 others

Correct.

Almost certainly (whether you personally like it or not and in keeping with Lambert's consistency of selection):

Spence, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen
Chalobah, Downes, Nolan
Sears, Roberts, Lankester

Whoever plays let's get behind the team and cheer them on to that victory we so desperately desperately need.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 23:40 - Dec 12 with 4045 viewsGuthrum

If Skuse is still out, same as at Stoke, but (if fit enough) with Harrison instead of Roberts starting.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 03:04 - Dec 13 with 3967 viewsharlingblue

Gerken
Donacien Chambers Pennington Knudsen
Downes
Chalobah Bishop/Nolan
Lankester Harrison/Roberts Sears
Bench:- Bart, Bishop/Nolan, Harrison/Roberts, Spence, Rowe, Dozzell/McLoughlin, Edwards.
Team based on all Town home games and U23 games.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 05:02 - Dec 13 with 3956 viewsGerkensBeard

What I think it will be

Gerken
Spence Chambers Pennington Knudsen
Bishop Chalobah Downes
Lankester Harrison Sears
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 07:04 - Dec 13 with 3903 viewschristiand

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 05:02 - Dec 13 by GerkensBeard

What I think it will be

Gerken
Bishop Chalobah Downes
Lankester Harrison Sears

That's my team selection too Gerkensbeard!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 08:55 - Dec 13 with 3829 viewsBluebell

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 23:40 - Dec 12 by Guthrum

If Skuse is still out, same as at Stoke, but (if fit enough) with Harrison instead of Roberts starting.

This..... but think I'd prefer Jackson instead of Harrison.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 08:57 - Dec 13 with 3825 viewsPJH

What I think it will be

Gerken
Bishop Chalobah Downes
Lankester Harrison Sears

That looks about the best we can get at the moment.
Not sure that it will be the team that gets picked but I think that that is the team that I would pick as it seems to include the best of our available players on current form.

edit-assuming Skuse has not made a miraculous recovery.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 9:00]
Login to get fewer ads

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:04 - Dec 13 with 3817 viewsBluebell

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 08:57 - Dec 13 by PJH

That looks about the best we can get at the moment.
Not sure that it will be the team that gets picked but I think that that is the team that I would pick as it seems to include the best of our available players on current form.

edit-assuming Skuse has not made a miraculous recovery.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 9:00]

As you know PJH I wasn't at the game on Saturday.

How did Nolan play?

I assume not well as you would prefer Bishop there. I have to say Bishop played really well at Forest.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:10 - Dec 13 with 3808 viewsPJH

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:04 - Dec 13 by Bluebell

How did Nolan play?

I assume not well as you would prefer Bishop there. I have to say Bishop played really well at Forest.

I thought Nolan looked pretty ordinary but some have said that they thought he played well.
The only thing that I can remember him doing that was of any significance was to set Roberts up for a shot that was deflected just wide.
If Bishop has had no ill effects from the U23 game I would certainly rather have him in instead of Nolan.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:13 - Dec 13 with 3804 viewsBluebell

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:10 - Dec 13 by PJH

I thought Nolan looked pretty ordinary but some have said that they thought he played well.
The only thing that I can remember him doing that was of any significance was to set Roberts up for a shot that was deflected just wide.
If Bishop has had no ill effects from the U23 game I would certainly rather have him in instead of Nolan.

I particularly watched Nolan when he came on for the last 20 minutes or so at Forest. He touched the ball 4 times and each time mis-kicked it and it went out of play!

I must admit because of that I was surprised he started at Stoke.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:17 - Dec 13 with 3798 viewsPJH

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:13 - Dec 13 by Bluebell

I particularly watched Nolan when he came on for the last 20 minutes or so at Forest. He touched the ball 4 times and each time mis-kicked it and it went out of play!

I must admit because of that I was surprised he started at Stoke.

I think that Nolan's best game and only game that I would call a good game was his first one at Rotherham.
As he was the boy wonders star pupil he is pretty disappointing, perhaps like his ex boss another one that is out of his depth at this level.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:25 - Dec 13 with 3777 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Gerken
Spence Chambers Penno Knudsen
Chalobah Nolan
Downes
Lankester Harrison Sears

Then we can use Jackson as a replacement centre forward and Roberts can play on the wing if needs be.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:36 - Dec 13 with 3768 viewsHarry_Palmer

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:04 - Dec 13 by Bluebell

How did Nolan play?

I thought Nolan was poor at Stoke to be honest. It's not that he does anything particularly wrong it's just that you barely notice him, he just has no impact at all on a football match at this level.

I would definitely start with Bishop.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:40 - Dec 13 with 3769 viewsHarry_Palmer

What I think it will be

Gerken
Bishop Chalobah Downes
Lankester Harrison Sears

Hope so, that is exactly the line up I would go for.

Roberts is completely ineffective as a striker, and we really need to see what Harrison can do.

Let's get him in the team even if he only lasts 60 mins to begin with, then bring Jackson on for a bit of pace against tiring legs.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 11:01 - Dec 13 with 3707 viewsPJH

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:36 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

I thought Nolan was poor at Stoke to be honest. It's not that he does anything particularly wrong it's just that you barely notice him, he just has no impact at all on a football match at this level.

I would definitely start with Bishop.

I think your summary of Nolan in general is about right, if I was looking for a single word to describe him I would say "insignificant".
As I said in my earlier post it could well be that, like his ex boss, he is out of his depth.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 11:27 - Dec 13 with 3660 viewsBluefish

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:17 - Dec 13 by PJH

I think that Nolan's best game and only game that I would call a good game was his first one at Rotherham.
As he was the boy wonders star pupil he is pretty disappointing, perhaps like his ex boss another one that is out of his depth at this level.

Complletely agree. Rotherham was his best game, after that he just started to look more lost each week as to where he should be in the vast open space between our deep midfielders and our isolated forward and 2 very wide wingers. On Saturday he found the right area at times and was getting his toe in to nick the ball and be a nuisance, he then went back to being lost again. I think he is a good player but he needs to find the right area to play in, bishop is a better and more comfortable player but he plays deeper and I worry how deep we will be with him, Downes and Chalobah. Huws is the best player for that role by some distance but nydam also did it very well at Leeds last season.
I would try Lankester in that role because he loves having the ball and would get us further up the pitch.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 11:30 - Dec 13 with 3651 viewsurbanblue

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 11:27 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

Complletely agree. Rotherham was his best game, after that he just started to look more lost each week as to where he should be in the vast open space between our deep midfielders and our isolated forward and 2 very wide wingers. On Saturday he found the right area at times and was getting his toe in to nick the ball and be a nuisance, he then went back to being lost again. I think he is a good player but he needs to find the right area to play in, bishop is a better and more comfortable player but he plays deeper and I worry how deep we will be with him, Downes and Chalobah. Huws is the best player for that role by some distance but nydam also did it very well at Leeds last season.
I would try Lankester in that role because he loves having the ball and would get us further up the pitch.

I am guessing that Lambert is working on Nolan and particularly his confidence. I still think there could be a good player for us in there!
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 12:42 - Dec 13 with 3571 viewsGarv

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:40 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

Roberts is completely ineffective as a striker, and we really need to see what Harrison can do.

Let's get him in the team even if he only lasts 60 mins to begin with, then bring Jackson on for a bit of pace against tiring legs.

Problem with that is during the last 20 minutes we don't have anyone to make the ball stick, at least a bit. Jackson replaced Roberts against Bristol and we got worse.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 12:42 - Dec 13 with 3569 viewsPilgrimblue

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 09:40 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

I agree and would only play Roberts wide left not central. PL has to work out where the goals are going to come from. Jackson maybe best option until January.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 12:54 - Dec 13 with 3545 viewsHarry_Palmer

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 12:42 - Dec 13 by Garv

Problem with that is during the last 20 minutes we don't have anyone to make the ball stick, at least a bit. Jackson replaced Roberts against Bristol and we got worse.

Then perhaps we need to be playing passes in behind their back four when the game is stretched, and not trying to play to Jackson's feet.

I know what you mean and lets face none of our striking options are great at this level. I guess it depends on what is happening in the game at the time, if we are ahead and need somebody to hold the ball up then Roberts might be the man to bring on but if we need a goal he most definitely isn't.
TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 13:02 - Dec 13 with 3529 viewsSouperJim

Gerks
Sears Sears Sears Sears
Sears Sears Sears Sears
Sears Sears

We'll struggle for height but not for effort and carry a real threat going forwards.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

TEAM FOR SATURDAY on 13:15 - Dec 13 with 3505 viewsHerbivore

I think it'll be:

Gerks
Spence
Knudsen
Chambers
Pennington
Chalobah
Downes
Nolan
Lankester
Roberts
Sears

I'd like to see:

Gerks
Donacien
Knudsen
Chambers
Pennington
Downes
Bishop
Nolan
Lankester
Harrison
Sears

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024