Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
But what about Corbyn eh? 21:53 - Dec 12 with 20285 viewsDubtractor

Remarkable that today (on here and elsewhere in the interwebz), given the omni shambles that is the conservative party, there a still lots of people who's best response seems to be more or less "but Corbyn?".

A bit desperate isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:13 - Dec 12 with 2447 viewsEly_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 22:13 - Dec 12 by Gromheort

And lose it? That wouldn't be cunning. The Tories would be united; and the petty parties would steer Labour towards a 'people's vote' and the likes of Anna Soubry (which is ultimately their game).

Labour needs to look at the bigger picture: how to eliminate this disgrace of a government and save the remaining public services, from child services to the NHS.

The issue with a no confidence vote is that the DUP will back the Tories as they like the current status quo despite not getting what they want from Brexit, I would very much doubt that any of the Tories would vote against their own party as it would effectively be committing political suicide on their own careers

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:17 - Dec 12 with 2434 viewsElderGrizzly

But what about Corbyn eh? on 22:56 - Dec 12 by Gromheort

Then again, by propping up a Tory government, your lot ensured they lost any resemblance of power.

Diluting, not propping up.

And of course Labour did ask us to do the same.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:19 - Dec 12 with 2429 viewsNthsuffolkblue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:13 - Dec 12 by Ely_Blue

The issue with a no confidence vote is that the DUP will back the Tories as they like the current status quo despite not getting what they want from Brexit, I would very much doubt that any of the Tories would vote against their own party as it would effectively be committing political suicide on their own careers

I would imagine a no confidence vote would only happen if Corbyn could be sure of the DUP's support. With Corbyn supporting Brexit and not having the opportunity to negotiate any other deal (the EU won't reopen negotiations just because it is with a different negotiator will they?), what would they gain from getting into bed with a different set of parties?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:34 - Dec 12 with 2417 viewsStNeotsBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:19 - Dec 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would imagine a no confidence vote would only happen if Corbyn could be sure of the DUP's support. With Corbyn supporting Brexit and not having the opportunity to negotiate any other deal (the EU won't reopen negotiations just because it is with a different negotiator will they?), what would they gain from getting into bed with a different set of parties?

There is more chance of me banging Holly Willoughby than the DUP supporting Corbyn.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 07:26 - Dec 13 with 2344 viewsCurrie10

But what about Corbyn eh? on 22:05 - Dec 12 by BloomBlue

Corbyn needs to show strength and tomorrow he needs call for parliament to have a no confidence vote in the government

Corybyn show strength!?!? Haha you've made me spit my cereal on the floor.

Him and Ed Milliband are an absolute gift. Dumb and dumber.

If only Labour hadn't been such a mess and had allowed David Milliband to lead, we'd 100% be under a Labour government. David Milliband is a fantastic politician.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 7:26]
But what about Corbyn eh? on 07:36 - Dec 13 with 2335 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 22:59 - Dec 12 by Gromheort

Which backbenchers are they then?

Stella Creasy. In terms of affecting legislation she’s achieved more this year than Corbyn has in his entire parliamentary career.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

But what about Corbyn eh? on 07:39 - Dec 13 with 2334 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not really. If our Corbynista friends like herbiebore are going to crow about the margin of May’s victory in her confidence vote, it’s an entirely reasonable response to point out that the Jeziah actually lost his own confidence vote by 81%/19%.

Even Labour people are pointing this out.

[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 7:56]

Iron Lion Zion

But what about Corbyn eh? on 07:55 - Dec 13 with 2318 viewsOxford_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 22:03 - Dec 12 by footers

May's parting shot at the end of every PMQs now is to say a Labour government would bring economic catastrophe to this country. Unironically said by the party that brought about Brexit. Lol.

Hardly the same.

The Tories proposed a referendum which parliament approved. There was no guarantee or intention it would lead to a leave vote. If there was it wouldn’t have taken place.

The Labour Party at the moment is nuts and will directs trash the economy through deliberate policies and choice.
Login to get fewer ads

But what about Corbyn eh? on 07:58 - Dec 13 with 2313 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:02 - Dec 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is cyclical that the party of the right continues to cling to power while overseeing increasingly disastrous policies by hailing back to the disaster of Labour of the 70s etc. with the warning of how bad it would be. Eventually people decide they have had enough, there is some correction until the left goes too far and then the right is re-elected and the whole cycle repeats.

We haven't had a left wing government in my lifetime.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:01 - Dec 13 with 2305 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 07:55 - Dec 13 by Oxford_Blue

Hardly the same.

The Tories proposed a referendum which parliament approved. There was no guarantee or intention it would lead to a leave vote. If there was it wouldn’t have taken place.

The Labour Party at the moment is nuts and will directs trash the economy through deliberate policies and choice.

Where's your evidence for that last point? I want hard evidence, not supposition.

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:04 - Dec 13 with 2301 viewsBluefish

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:01 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Where's your evidence for that last point? I want hard evidence, not supposition.

Lol it is impossible to give evidence because it is a prediction. The. Spending that he has promised and his desire to be like Venezuela make it extremely likely though. The last Labour government were horrendous for the economy and Corbyn wants to spend far more.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:07 - Dec 13 with 2299 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:04 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

Lol it is impossible to give evidence because it is a prediction. The. Spending that he has promised and his desire to be like Venezuela make it extremely likely though. The last Labour government were horrendous for the economy and Corbyn wants to spend far more.

You've lifted that straight from the Daily Fail.

Oxford demands evidence to back up every claim others make that he doesn't like. I'm just asking the same standards of him, so I look forward to him providing some hard evidence instead of prattling on about Venezuela like a tit.

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:09 - Dec 13 with 2295 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:07 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Oxford demands evidence to back up every claim others make that he doesn't like. I'm just asking the same standards of him, so I look forward to him providing some hard evidence instead of prattling on about Venezuela like a tit.

How about lifting it from the Guardian?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/27/corbyn-becoming-pm-is-worse-thr

Iron Lion Zion

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:19 - Dec 13 with 2273 viewsBluefish

You sound a bit rattled love x

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:23 - Dec 13 with 2266 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:19 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

He or she gets rather abusive when people challenge his or her views. His or her normal mo is to then brand the person he or she disagrees with as a racist.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 8:28]

Iron Lion Zion

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:30 - Dec 13 with 2251 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:19 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

Not at all sweetheart x

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:42 - Dec 13 with 2236 viewslowhouseblue

the only positive thing about brexit is that if you say "brexit" three times jeremy corbyn disappears. never been known to fail.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:47 - Dec 13 with 2223 viewsBenters2

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:23 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

He or she gets rather abusive when people challenge his or her views. His or her normal mo is to then brand the person he or she disagrees with as a racist.

I make you right!

Have a uppie.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:09 - Dec 13 with 2197 viewsOxford_Blue

Independent says the same, and they are hardly a right wing paper.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/corbyn-labour-mc-don
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:10 - Dec 13 with 2194 viewsOxford_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 08:23 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

Typical Corbyn/left wing/ suppporter, then.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:16 - Dec 13 with 2186 viewsGromheort

But what about Corbyn eh? on 07:55 - Dec 13 by Oxford_Blue

Hardly the same.

We've had years of irrational policy, reflecting neoliberalism and austerity. That has ensured a weak economy, characterised by extreme inequalities (across class and region) and too much focus on the financial sector. We can blame the Tories (i.e. Thatcher's failed monetarist experiment) and New Labour (who maintained Thatcherism and deepened the structural flaws).

Corbyn's Labour is offering a solution. Constructed around sound economic policies adopted in social democracy, it is based on shifting emphasis from consumer-led to investment-led.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:19 - Dec 13 with 2176 viewsStokieBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:16 - Dec 13 by Gromheort

We've had years of irrational policy, reflecting neoliberalism and austerity. That has ensured a weak economy, characterised by extreme inequalities (across class and region) and too much focus on the financial sector. We can blame the Tories (i.e. Thatcher's failed monetarist experiment) and New Labour (who maintained Thatcherism and deepened the structural flaws).

Corbyn's Labour is offering a solution. Constructed around sound economic policies adopted in social democracy, it is based on shifting emphasis from consumer-led to investment-led.

“Constructed around sound economic policies”

That’s highly debatable and subjective, to state it as fact is totally wrong. Do you value other opinions or analysis?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:21 - Dec 13 with 2172 viewsBackToRussia

You insane Marxist antisemite.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:22 - Dec 13 with 2168 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:09 - Dec 13 by Oxford_Blue

Independent says the same, and they are hardly a right wing paper.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/corbyn-labour-mc-don

That's not hard evidence. I want hard evidence.

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:23 - Dec 13 with 2165 viewsBluefish

So if we are looking for investment led, why does he want to put corporation tax up? Why is he against a deal being proposed with trade access? Now is not the time to be making things hard for businesses, only yesterday Rolls Royce announced that they are moving more parts of the business to Germany because of brexit concerns. We need to make Britain attractive for investment not making it anti-business

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024