Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
But what about Corbyn eh? 21:53 - Dec 12 with 20518 viewsDubtractor

Remarkable that today (on here and elsewhere in the interwebz), given the omni shambles that is the conservative party, there a still lots of people who's best response seems to be more or less "but Corbyn?".

A bit desperate isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:24 - Dec 13 with 2988 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:10 - Dec 13 by Oxford_Blue

Typical Corbyn/left wing/ suppporter, then.

I'm not a Corbyn supporter, I am pleased that Labour have moved to the left but I'm no Corbyn fan. It's not a good look climbing into bed with Glassers, he's a liar and a troll. Not great company to keep.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:25 - Dec 13 with 2985 viewsOxford_Blue

No, read the two articles.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 2979 viewsOxford_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:22 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

That's not hard evidence. I want hard evidence.

What’s your definition of hard evidence?
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:28 - Dec 13 with 2965 viewsOxford_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:22 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

That's not hard evidence. I want hard evidence.

Those are two articles by respected political commentators at liberal/left of centre papers which have no anti Corbyn agenda.

Why do say that the arguments are wrong?
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:29 - Dec 13 with 2965 viewsGromheort

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:23 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

So if we are looking for investment led, why does he want to put corporation tax up? Why is he against a deal being proposed with trade access? Now is not the time to be making things hard for businesses, only yesterday Rolls Royce announced that they are moving more parts of the business to Germany because of brexit concerns. We need to make Britain attractive for investment not making it anti-business

Corporation tax is about ensuring equity, such that tax is not too focused on the individual. It's also linked to economic efficiency as those profits often reflect market concentration and therefore can be classed as 'economic rent.

Labour's investment bank focus is a proven success elsewhere. It will encourage firm creation and a further shift towards small and medium sized enterprises. Labour are ultimately providing genuine economic choice.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:30 - Dec 13 with 2957 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:21 - Dec 13 by BackToRussia

You insane Marxist antisemite.

Trivialising racism BTR. Not a good look.

People are only called antisemites if their words or actions are antisemitic. This poster did neither.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:31 - Dec 13 with 2949 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:24 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

I'm not a Corbyn supporter, I am pleased that Labour have moved to the left but I'm no Corbyn fan. It's not a good look climbing into bed with Glassers, he's a liar and a troll. Not great company to keep.

Are you ok sweet cheeks?

Iron Lion Zion

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:34 - Dec 13 with 2938 viewsBluefish

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:31 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

Are you ok sweet cheeks?

We see before us a poster that desperately wants to believe in something and is getting irate at others pointing out how delusional they are. I'm torn emotionally on this one, I feel sorry for them but they are their own making.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:35 - Dec 13 with 2934 viewsOxford_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:16 - Dec 13 by Gromheort

We've had years of irrational policy, reflecting neoliberalism and austerity. That has ensured a weak economy, characterised by extreme inequalities (across class and region) and too much focus on the financial sector. We can blame the Tories (i.e. Thatcher's failed monetarist experiment) and New Labour (who maintained Thatcherism and deepened the structural flaws).

Corbyn's Labour is offering a solution. Constructed around sound economic policies adopted in social democracy, it is based on shifting emphasis from consumer-led to investment-led.

With respect, that reads as a lot of buzzwords and generalised claims.

I’d be interested in your view as to why, if what you say is right, at least two liberal/left of centre political commentators are heavily critical of Corbyn and his policies.

And why you say they are wrong.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:36 - Dec 13 with 2922 viewsBenters2

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:24 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

How very rude to dear old Glassers.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:37 - Dec 13 with 2925 viewslowhouseblue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:29 - Dec 13 by Gromheort

Corporation tax is about ensuring equity, such that tax is not too focused on the individual. It's also linked to economic efficiency as those profits often reflect market concentration and therefore can be classed as 'economic rent.

Labour's investment bank focus is a proven success elsewhere. It will encourage firm creation and a further shift towards small and medium sized enterprises. Labour are ultimately providing genuine economic choice.

what a lot of ill informed nonsense. we're not due to have you for the whole festive period are we?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:37 - Dec 13 with 2920 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:34 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

We see before us a poster that desperately wants to believe in something and is getting irate at others pointing out how delusional they are. I'm torn emotionally on this one, I feel sorry for them but they are their own making.

I feel a bit sorry fir Herbie. He or she has never really found a voice on here. Ignored by the Inteligent left for his facey-like “all tories are evil” posts he or she has to go low just to be noticed.

The perfect candidate for radicalisation by the Corbynistas.

Iron Lion Zion

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:41 - Dec 13 with 2914 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:28 - Dec 13 by Oxford_Blue

Those are two articles by respected political commentators at liberal/left of centre papers which have no anti Corbyn agenda.

Why do say that the arguments are wrong?

Actual proof that the policies will be a disaster, not political opinion. You have demanded such of others, you should hold yourself to that same standard.

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:42 - Dec 13 with 2912 viewsStokieBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:29 - Dec 13 by Gromheort

Why would anyone want to become a medium sized enterprise if once you reach that achievement the government immediately takes 10% of your company under the guise of redistribution of wealth to the employees but actually just keeps the money for their own purposes?

It makes no sense. Your posts don't seem to be consistent with the reality of the situation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:42 - Dec 13 with 2911 viewsHerbivore

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:36 - Dec 13 by Benters2

Entirely accurate, sadly. Nobody takes him seriously anymore so he's resorted to trolling and outright lies to try and get some attention. It's all rather sad.

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:42 - Dec 13 with 2910 viewsGromheort

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:35 - Dec 13 by Oxford_Blue

With respect, that reads as a lot of buzzwords and generalised claims.

I’d be interested in your view as to why, if what you say is right, at least two liberal/left of centre political commentators are heavily critical of Corbyn and his policies.

And why you say they are wrong.

It was mere reference to economics. With respect, you've been manipulated towards a false narrative. Mainstream economists have been voicing their concerns over austerity and neoliberalism for yonks. The Tories have made the economy weaker, selling a market fundamentalism that has only inflamed inequalities.

It's easy to attack Corbyn's plans. I don't think they go far enough. We need more focus, for example, on a switch to worker ownership. However, referring to destabilization- whilst ignoring how the economy is already destabilized because of right wing economic policy error- is not credible.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:47 - Dec 13 with 2888 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:36 - Dec 13 by Benters2

I think she’s forgotten to take her HRT.

Iron Lion Zion

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:58 - Dec 13 with 2862 viewsGlasgowBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:42 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Entirely accurate, sadly. Nobody takes him seriously anymore so he's resorted to trolling and outright lies to try and get some attention. It's all rather sad.

Oh Herbie. An attack by you always feels like I’m being savaged by a sloth on Nitrazepam.

You seem a rather angry and frustrated individual. Surely it would be better for your well being just to put me on ignore than prolong the feelings of inadequacy my posts bring to you.

I say this with the very best of intentions.

Iron Lion Zion

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:12 - Dec 13 with 2834 viewsCoastalblue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:23 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

So if we are looking for investment led, why does he want to put corporation tax up? Why is he against a deal being proposed with trade access? Now is not the time to be making things hard for businesses, only yesterday Rolls Royce announced that they are moving more parts of the business to Germany because of brexit concerns. We need to make Britain attractive for investment not making it anti-business

I've got family that work at JLR, they are losing boatloads now, cutting people and seriously considering moving the entire operation away from the UK.

This is a very worrying time that goes a lot deeper thanblue passports or Jezza or May are tw4ts.

This country is on the brink and we have no statesman like politicians seemingly capable of taking things by the scruff of the neck, making some hard decisions and maybe softening some of the cr4p heading our way.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:17 - Dec 13 with 2822 viewscaught-in-limbo

Every day on this site, this conversation plays out:

"Our Government, tut! eh?
"yeah, but Corbyn!"
"yeah, useless!"
"strong government needs a strong opposition"
"yeah, it's all Corbyn's fault"
"yeah, useless, don't want May or Boris. Can't vote Corbyn. Liberals are dead. Think I'll vote Green."
"Or Corservative."
"yeah, or Conservative, not Corbyn though"
"Or not vote..."
"Not vote? Are you mental? Hilter, Stalin, Mao, Franco. Mussolini, Mugabe, Pol Pot."
"Yeah, almost as bad as voting Corbyn"
"Conservative then... just not May."
"Yeah... can't go wrong with Conservative!"
"Winston Churchill, innit."
"Exactly! GREAT Britain!"
"Yeah"

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:18 - Dec 13 with 2815 viewsStokieBlue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:17 - Dec 13 by caught-in-limbo

Every day on this site, this conversation plays out:

"Our Government, tut! eh?
"yeah, but Corbyn!"
"yeah, useless!"
"strong government needs a strong opposition"
"yeah, it's all Corbyn's fault"
"yeah, useless, don't want May or Boris. Can't vote Corbyn. Liberals are dead. Think I'll vote Green."
"Or Corservative."
"yeah, or Conservative, not Corbyn though"
"Or not vote..."
"Not vote? Are you mental? Hilter, Stalin, Mao, Franco. Mussolini, Mugabe, Pol Pot."
"Yeah, almost as bad as voting Corbyn"
"Conservative then... just not May."
"Yeah... can't go wrong with Conservative!"
"Winston Churchill, innit."
"Exactly! GREAT Britain!"
"Yeah"

Everyone needs a comfort blanket.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:26 - Dec 13 with 2794 viewscaught-in-limbo

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:18 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

Everyone needs a comfort blanket.

SB

"Exactly, a comfort blanket."
"Not a wet blanket."
"Yeah, not like Corbyn"
"Yeah"
"Yeah"

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:39 - Dec 13 with 2768 viewsgiant_stow

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:26 - Dec 13 by caught-in-limbo

"Exactly, a comfort blanket."
"Not a wet blanket."
"Yeah, not like Corbyn"
"Yeah"
"Yeah"

"you're all wrong"
"boo"
"I know better and here's some obscure link to prove it"
"boo, gerroff"

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:47 - Dec 13 with 2752 viewsOxford_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 23:34 - Dec 12 by StNeotsBlue

There is more chance of me banging Holly Willoughby than the DUP supporting Corbyn.

Exactly. Given Corbyn’s position and history on the IRA.
But what about Corbyn eh? on 10:52 - Dec 13 with 2738 viewsOxford_Blue

But what about Corbyn eh? on 09:41 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Actual proof that the policies will be a disaster, not political opinion. You have demanded such of others, you should hold yourself to that same standard.

I’ve never used the word “hard evidence.” That’s yours.

I’ve only ever asked for evidence or reasons for some posters to back up claims.

Your request is obtuse because we don’t have a Labour government and there is no record to attack. What we can do is to criticise the policies based on reason and argument, which is what political commentators are paid to do. I’ve explained via these views why I think Corbyn would be a disaster. So far you haven’t engaged with any of the issues.

Now you tell me why those views - expounded by liberal or leftist papers - are wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024