Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager 12:54 - Dec 13 with 1504 viewsIllinoisblue

Was not a fan of the continually jumping around timeline. Seemed unnecessary.

The bond between Robson and Gazza was heartwarming and heartbreaking.

We’re biased, of course, but felt like there should have been more mention of his time with us. Absolutely an English manager who takes top jobs in three different countries should be lauded. But a little more emphasis on what he achieved with ITFC would have been nice.

Newcastle’s decision to sack him seemed ridiculous then and even more ridiculous now.

The tabloids who hounded him are utter scum.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 13:00 - Dec 13 with 1463 viewsPJH

Although I have had the DVD for a few weeks I actually watched it for the first time yesterday.

I agree with everything you say in your post.

We were so lucky that we sort of stumbled upon a future great in 1969 and those of us that were along for the ride were equally lucky.
Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 13:02 - Dec 13 with 1447 viewschicoazul

You're dead right on the timeline thing, the way they imposed it over images from today would have made me very confused if I wasnt slightly less stupid than a lot of people here think I am.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 13:03 - Dec 13 with 1447 viewsTractorCam

I was very surprised that the vocal point of the film was around his time at Barca, and also wasn't a fan of the time hopping. But a good testament to Bobby and showed how lucky we once were to have him at the helm.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 13:06 - Dec 13 with 1436 viewsTJS

I was largely disappointed by the film.
Way too much emphasis on his brief time managing the most overrated self entitled club in history (at the time they had won the European Cup the grand total of once).
They then shafted him like they do to all their managers
Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 13:14 - Dec 13 with 1394 viewsElephantintheRoom

Some of the 'Robson, Robson you must go' chants would have shown he had to put up with idiots his entire managerial life. A touch of Cobbold would have been good too.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 17:00 - Dec 13 with 1146 viewsIllinoisblue

Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 13:03 - Dec 13 by TractorCam

I was very surprised that the vocal point of the film was around his time at Barca, and also wasn't a fan of the time hopping. But a good testament to Bobby and showed how lucky we once were to have him at the helm.

yes, too much Barca, and too much Newcastle. Having Jose in it was fair enough, being his assistant, but he didn't really offer much beyond "he was a great bloke". Yeah, we know that. Tell us more.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 17:24 - Dec 13 with 1113 viewsBlueBadger

Thoughts on Bobby Robson More Than A Manager on 13:06 - Dec 13 by TJS

I was largely disappointed by the film.
Way too much emphasis on his brief time managing the most overrated self entitled club in history (at the time they had won the European Cup the grand total of once).
They then shafted him like they do to all their managers

But Newcastle have never won the European Cup?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024