Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... 13:13 - Dec 13 with 24483 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/12/landlord-fined-25000-over-lack-

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 15:29 - Dec 13 with 4539 viewsSpruceMoose

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 15:14 - Dec 13 by chicoazul

I don't dislike you, I don't think about you at all. I think I get you shaky though given the number of times you edit your replies to me.
As I say, the fact that so many people think the BBC promote an agenda, dont understand their own remit, are naive or "misguided" tells me they are doing it right.

You thought about me enough to pop out of nowhere, misrepresent what I said and take issue with the fact I'm overseas. I think we can all see that whilst the BBC doesn't have an agenda, clearly you do.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here though. Clearly you're spoiling for a fight for some unknown reason, as you're lashing out and making posts which don't even address what I'm saying.

I'm not interested in that particularly though, so I'd suggest you go back to baiting Dolly about drug use or something. Perhaps that'll help you obtain the attention you're craving. You won't be getting another reply from me anyway.

All in all, you've not made yourself look very clever, reasonable or thoughtful here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 16:28 - Dec 13 with 4505 viewsClapham_Junction

At least their threat to crash the local property market might actually benefit some of their former tenants who could now be able to buy in the area.
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 16:56 - Dec 13 with 4485 viewsGlasgowBlue

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 15:29 - Dec 13 by SpruceMoose

You thought about me enough to pop out of nowhere, misrepresent what I said and take issue with the fact I'm overseas. I think we can all see that whilst the BBC doesn't have an agenda, clearly you do.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here though. Clearly you're spoiling for a fight for some unknown reason, as you're lashing out and making posts which don't even address what I'm saying.

I'm not interested in that particularly though, so I'd suggest you go back to baiting Dolly about drug use or something. Perhaps that'll help you obtain the attention you're craving. You won't be getting another reply from me anyway.

All in all, you've not made yourself look very clever, reasonable or thoughtful here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 16:59 - Dec 13 with 4483 viewsBlueBadger

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 15:04 - Dec 13 by Keno

would you sat BBC News is better or worse than Fox News?

Would you say that Bobby Robson was better or worse than Roy Keane?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:10 - Dec 13 with 4483 viewsBenters2

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 15:29 - Dec 13 by SpruceMoose

Blub.
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:11 - Dec 13 with 4477 viewsSpruceMoose

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 16:56 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

Sorry GB. Because of your general forum sh1thousery I have you on ignore. Good day.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:14 - Dec 13 with 4467 viewsSpruceMoose

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:10 - Dec 13 by Benters2

Blub.

I'm enjoying your Cobbler tribute act, Benters!

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:44 - Dec 13 with 4438 viewstractorboy7777

300 houses! No wonder house prices have rocketed when you’ve got people like her taking the supply!

Surely there needs to be a cap on residential property ownership!
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 17:44]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Login to get fewer ads

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:50 - Dec 13 with 4427 viewsSarge

Should be illegal to have a property ‘portfolio’
Make your living with some actual work, not by fleecing money out of hardworking people who need somewhere to live.
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:51 - Dec 13 with 4421 viewstractorboy7777

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:50 - Dec 13 by Sarge

Make your living with some actual work, not by fleecing money out of hardworking people who need somewhere to live.

Completely agree.
If I was in government, I’d put forward for private landlords to be taxed much more heavily as a deterrent for potential landlords

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:52 - Dec 13 with 4416 viewsSarge

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:44 - Dec 13 by tractorboy7777

300 houses! No wonder house prices have rocketed when you’ve got people like her taking the supply!

Surely there needs to be a cap on residential property ownership!
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 17:44]

Yep. Don’t see why anyone should need more than 3 houses. Anyone with more can sell up and start actually making a contribution to society.
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 18:00 - Dec 13 with 4405 viewsGlasgowBlue

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:10 - Dec 13 by Benters2

Blub.

My advice to Spucey (if he could see this post*) would be to jump on a flight and surround himself with his loved ones over the festive period rather than find himself embroiled in daily conflict on here.

*Humouring the poor wreck by playing along with his "I have glassers on ignore even though I don't" game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 18:11 - Dec 13 with 4382 viewsBlueBadger

Do the rest of the WALA need to stage an intervention here? There's a danger of going 'full Dollers' happening.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 18:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 18:13 - Dec 13 with 4376 viewsSpruceMoose

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 18:11 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

Do the rest of the WALA need to stage an intervention here? There's a danger of going 'full Dollers' happening.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 18:27]

How very dare you.

We'll discuss this at the AGM, rather than air our dirty laundry in public.

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 18:44 - Dec 13 with 4353 viewsJ2BLUE

300 properties is taking the piss. Simply no need.I don't have too much against people having one rental property but 300 is just plain wrong.

To think I once argued on here for completely free markets. How wrong and naive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 19:01 - Dec 13 with 4326 viewsHerbivore

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 14:53 - Dec 13 by SpruceMoose

Oh dear Chico. I literally said I don't think it's accurate to say the BBC promotes an agenda. Nor did I say they misunderstood their remit.

What I said is they often get it wrong when trying to remain impartial in their coverage. Something the BBC has themselves admitted:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/07/bbc-we-get-climate-change-co

To make it easier for you to understand, here's a soundbite.

It's not deliberate agenda promotion, rather a misguided attempted to remain balanced and impartial made with the right intentions.

All in all, an epic comprehension fail by Captain Dunning—Kruger, who appears to have let his dislike of me trip his brain up.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 14:57]

If you want to really boil his piss just call him "mate".

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 19:08 - Dec 13 with 4324 viewsjaykay

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 14:44 - Dec 13 by chicoazul

Well in that case the fact you an ex-pat, along with Nigel Farage Tommy Robinson Owen Jones Diane Abbot and Peter Hitchens, all accuse the BBC of some sort of scurrilous agenda promotion and/or not understanding what their remit is, should tell the rest of us they are doing everything just fine,

what like this
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-forced-to-deny-hiring-fake-vicar-to

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 19:11 - Dec 13 with 4319 viewsjaykay

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 18:00 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

My advice to Spucey (if he could see this post*) would be to jump on a flight and surround himself with his loved ones over the festive period rather than find himself embroiled in daily conflict on here.

*Humouring the poor wreck by playing along with his "I have glassers on ignore even though I don't" game.

anyone got a mirror

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 19:18 - Dec 13 with 4306 viewsBenters2

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 18:44 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

300 properties is taking the piss. Simply no need.I don't have too much against people having one rental property but 300 is just plain wrong.

To think I once argued on here for completely free markets. How wrong and naive.

Id say that is easily done loads of people i know do it.
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 21:12 - Dec 13 with 4247 viewssyntaxerror

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 19:18 - Dec 13 by Benters2

Id say that is easily done loads of people i know do it.

Do you think its a good thing that one person can own so many properties?
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 22:26 - Dec 13 with 4201 viewsRyorry

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:51 - Dec 13 by tractorboy7777

Completely agree.
If I was in government, I’d put forward for private landlords to be taxed much more heavily as a deterrent for potential landlords

I sympathise but that isn't the answer - if you did that across the board including, say, those with 3 properties or fewer, many landlords would just withdraw their properties from the market, thereby creating an even greater shortage, driving rental prices up, and creating even more homelessness.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 22:46 - Dec 13 with 4187 viewsClapham_Junction

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 22:26 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

I sympathise but that isn't the answer - if you did that across the board including, say, those with 3 properties or fewer, many landlords would just withdraw their properties from the market, thereby creating an even greater shortage, driving rental prices up, and creating even more homelessness.

Disagree - I think most would just sell their properties, which would help bring down house prices. In London it would be a great opportunity for councils to recover flats lost under right to buy, the vast majority of which are now let privately, often by slum landlords.

I think you have to appreciate that not many landlords are in your position in having an adjoining property that would be viable as a holiday let. And if lots of people suddenly decided to switch to holiday lets (presuming planning permission were granted), then oversupply would make that unviable as well.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 22:47]
The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 02:54 - Dec 14 with 4105 viewsRyorry

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 22:46 - Dec 13 by Clapham_Junction

Disagree - I think most would just sell their properties, which would help bring down house prices. In London it would be a great opportunity for councils to recover flats lost under right to buy, the vast majority of which are now let privately, often by slum landlords.

I think you have to appreciate that not many landlords are in your position in having an adjoining property that would be viable as a holiday let. And if lots of people suddenly decided to switch to holiday lets (presuming planning permission were granted), then oversupply would make that unviable as well.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 22:47]

Can't find the exact survey I was looking for but -

https://news.rla.org.uk/one-four-landlords-selling-due-mir-changes/

https://news.rla.org.uk/landlordsraisingrents/

https://news.rla.org.uk/fears-that-landlords-will-leave-the-market-if-rent-contr

I don't know the London market at all, it's probably different, but in rural locations like here, I 100% guarantee you that if such sales were to take place, they wouldn't reduce house prices by even £100!

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 04:57 - Dec 14 with 4083 viewsRyorry

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 17:50 - Dec 13 by Sarge

"Should be illegal to have a property ‘portfolio’"
More than say 3, I'd agree with you.

The problem is that scumbags like that couple give all the rest a bad name. There are plenty of other rogue ones out there too unfortunately, but the majority are actually decent & provide a good service (not everyone is in a position to buy, or even wants to). And speaking as someone with a portfolio of 1, the annexe to my house, it's time-consuming & bloody hard work being a good one, esp when it comes to dealing with a rogue tenant!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 4:58]

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 05:13 - Dec 14 with 4076 viewsBenters2

The house letting industry is out of control, Pt. 1352314... on 21:12 - Dec 13 by syntaxerror

Do you think its a good thing that one person can own so many properties?

It does seem a lot I must say,but I’ve worked on flats in the London area and people have bought blocks of them,and I’m talking about 20-30 flats at a time.

In fact I know two people who own more than that.

If that’s how people choose to make a living,then good luck to them.

They then as we know rent them out to the good old English government,and the Happy chappies from foreign lands have a nice place to live,with more vouchers than they can shake a machete at.

Jobs a goodun.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 5:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024