Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. 06:12 - Dec 14 with 39033 viewsBenters2

Thats the way to do it..the locals came out of their house's and clapped the Policemen.

Fantastic news.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 6:14]
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:43 - Dec 14 with 4118 viewsm14_blue

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:49 - Dec 14 by 26_Paz

Yeah but there aren't actually virgins waiting for them so they'll get a nasty surprise when they find that bit out! Its more about the cost of keeping them for me, better all round to just get on with it

The cost of executing someone is vastly higher than keeping them in prison for life.

In California, for example, each inmate given the death sentence costs around 18 times as much as those given life without parole.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:47 - Dec 14 with 4110 viewsgtsb

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:43 - Dec 14 by m14_blue

The cost of executing someone is vastly higher than keeping them in prison for life.

In California, for example, each inmate given the death sentence costs around 18 times as much as those given life without parole.

Surely though that's because of appeal after appeal and the costs that accrues.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:52 - Dec 14 with 4090 viewsm14_blue

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:47 - Dec 14 by gtsb

Surely though that's because of appeal after appeal and the costs that accrues.

Legal fees are a huge part of it yes but surely we’re not suggesting executing people without following due process??

If so, we really would be demeaning our society.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:55 - Dec 14 with 4083 viewsgtsb

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:52 - Dec 14 by m14_blue

Legal fees are a huge part of it yes but surely we’re not suggesting executing people without following due process??

If so, we really would be demeaning our society.

Not at all but with DNA and CCTV evidence we have entered a whole new ball game.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 22:58]
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:59 - Dec 14 with 4064 viewsCotty

Celebrating the death of another human is despicable, no matter what they have done. He should've faced the courts if at all possible.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 23:05 - Dec 14 with 4055 viewsgtsb

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:59 - Dec 14 by Cotty

Celebrating the death of another human is despicable, no matter what they have done. He should've faced the courts if at all possible.

Really....each to their own I suppose. I'd inwardly be pleased to hear the passing of any paedophile, murderer or drugs Lord.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 05:00 - Dec 15 with 3972 viewsBenters2

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:59 - Dec 14 by Cotty

Sorry but I feel sadness for the people who lost their lives and those that were seriously injured .

If that makes me a racist xenophobic bigot numbskull then so be it.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 05:10 - Dec 15 with 3970 viewsBenters2

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 10:35 - Dec 14 by noggin

Don't worry, he'll be hating the French tomorrow, probably for allowing terrorists to jump on British lorries at Calais.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 10:38]

It’s a shame those boats don’t sail to Norway where you are then isn’t it.
Login to get fewer ads

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 05:37 - Dec 15 with 3965 viewsBenters2

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 23:05 - Dec 14 by gtsb

Really....each to their own I suppose. I'd inwardly be pleased to hear the passing of any paedophile, murderer or drugs Lord.

Well yes come on some people are wronguns and if they inflict pain on others I feel no sadness for them getting a bit of cold steel up em 🙄
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:23 - Dec 15 with 3930 viewswitchdoctor

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 05:37 - Dec 15 by Benters2

Well yes come on some people are wronguns and if they inflict pain on others I feel no sadness for them getting a bit of cold steel up em 🙄

I respect everyones views on this subject...but I do wonder if those of you who think that imprisoment is justice enough would think the same way if their family..spouse..children...were murdered by a terrorist?....if you do then fair enough but I for one would seek summary justice..it would be devastating to wake up every day to think that the perpatrator was being looked after while my loved ones were gone forever...but that’s just me...
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:28 - Dec 15 with 3923 viewsm14_blue

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:23 - Dec 15 by witchdoctor

I respect everyones views on this subject...but I do wonder if those of you who think that imprisoment is justice enough would think the same way if their family..spouse..children...were murdered by a terrorist?....if you do then fair enough but I for one would seek summary justice..it would be devastating to wake up every day to think that the perpatrator was being looked after while my loved ones were gone forever...but that’s just me...

And you think the pain would be less devastating if the terrorist had been executed?

Is the pain any less for the relatives of those killed by a suicide bomber then?

I get your point but honestly think I would feel the same if it happened to me. Obviously I’ll never know for sure unless it happens but I certainly hope revenge wouldn’t be my primary concern.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:28 - Dec 15 with 3926 viewsbluelagos

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:23 - Dec 15 by witchdoctor

Yep, I have cousins whose father was murdered (robbers not terrorists) and they do not support the death penalty at all.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:32 - Dec 15 with 3917 viewsbluelagos

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 05:00 - Dec 15 by Benters2

Sorry but I feel sadness for the people who lost their lives and those that were seriously injured .

Everyone feels empathy for the families of those killed Benters, goes without saying.

And no, your desire for retribution doesn't make you a racist, no one has said it does.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:10 - Dec 15 with 3903 viewseireblue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/17/bataclan-paris-victim-helene-muyal
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:13 - Dec 15 with 3897 viewswitchdoctor

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:28 - Dec 15 by bluelagos

Yep, I have cousins whose father was murdered (robbers not terrorists) and they do not support the death penalty at all.

like I said mate...I respect everyone’s views on this..and if my stance makes me a bad person then so be it..
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:18 - Dec 15 with 3888 viewsBenters2

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 07:32 - Dec 15 by bluelagos

Everyone feels empathy for the families of those killed Benters, goes without saying.

And no, your desire for retribution doesn't make you a racist, no one has said it does.

Well if you care to look back at either page one or two,somebody clearly has said that,and no I didn’t report it as abuse.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:49 - Dec 15 with 3860 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:51 - Dec 14 by uefacup81

Ideally you don't shoot them dead - it just martyrs them.

This.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:50 - Dec 15 with 3858 viewswkj

Looks like this post went exactly the way it was intended to go

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:53 - Dec 15 with 3851 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 05:00 - Dec 15 by Benters2

You do realise it's perfectly possible to feel sadness for the victims whilst still thinking summary execution and torture are a bad thing?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 09:05 - Dec 15 with 3835 viewstcblue

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:53 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

You do realise it's perfectly possible to feel sadness for the victims whilst still thinking summary execution and torture are a bad thing?

TWO thoughts?!

How long have you known Benters
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 10:34 - Dec 15 with 3781 viewsgtsb

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:50 - Dec 15 by wkj

Looks like this post went exactly the way it was intended to go

No it hasn't. In parts it has been an interesting debate.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 10:48 - Dec 15 with 3767 viewsm14_blue

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 08:10 - Dec 15 by eireblue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/17/bataclan-paris-victim-helene-muyal

I've always thought this is one of the most powerful things I've ever read/heard.

What an incredibly inspirational man.

If there were more people like him around the world would be a better place. I've no doubt their son will grow into a fine human being too, when it would have been so easy for them both to become consumed by bitterness and hatred.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 13:47 - Dec 15 with 3706 viewswitchdoctor

I’vejust read that the scumbag opened fire on plod so surely no one can call his killing unjustified!...but then again this is twtd so maybe not...🙄
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 13:49 - Dec 15 with 3697 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 13:47 - Dec 15 by witchdoctor

I’vejust read that the scumbag opened fire on plod so surely no one can call his killing unjustified!...but then again this is twtd so maybe not...🙄

Has one person said his killing was unjustified?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 13:50 - Dec 15 with 3697 viewsm14_blue

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 13:47 - Dec 15 by witchdoctor

Has anyone said it was unjustified?

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting the police shouldn’t shoot to kill in these circumstances just that, as a rule of thumb, it’s better to capture these people alive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024