Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien 10:37 - Dec 14 with 3355 viewsJack27

Apologies if this has already been discussed...but if Lambert decides he doesn’t want Donacien (and he’s not played yet!) can he terminate the transfer?
Donacien on 10:39 - Dec 14 with 3333 viewsHerbivore

I think the deal is basically inked. Not sure there is any get out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Donacien on 10:40 - Dec 14 with 3331 viewsKieran_Knows

There's no way we can back out of the deal, that's been confirmed several times now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Donacien on 10:40 - Dec 14 with 3329 viewswkj

In short no, I asked this before and apparently it is all final unless home office somehow says no.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Donacien on 10:52 - Dec 14 with 3286 viewsmonty_radio

If Lambert has had these things confirmed, then Donacien is perhaps just one more player he wouldn't personally have signed, but is what Lambert knows he himself bought into.

In this case though it seems a little more problematic in that, as far as most who commented on here seemed to think, myself included, Donacien had seemed a potentially half-decent right back yet Lambert has proclaimed him a centre-back - a position in which, to us amateur onlookers, he seemed lightweight and well behind Nsiala and Wolfenden who themselves are probably not the answer to our current plight.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Donacien on 10:54 - Dec 14 with 3276 viewsGuthrum

Donacien on 10:39 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

I think the deal is basically inked. Not sure there is any get out.

Tho how would it work if we effectively wanted to sell in January?

Technically, he still belongs to Accrington, being only on loan. So they could sell, but presumably would have to refund us the transfer fee (which has already been spent on upgrading the ground).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Donacien on 10:59 - Dec 14 with 3250 viewsJon_456

Oh good, another Donacien thread.

As Phil has stated many times, the transfer is all but done and wont be cancelled. Just a matter of waiting for his leave to remain paperwork to come through.
Donacien on 11:00 - Dec 14 with 3247 viewsKieran_Knows

Donacien on 10:54 - Dec 14 by Guthrum

Technically, he still belongs to Accrington, being only on loan. So they could sell, but presumably would have to refund us the transfer fee (which has already been spent on upgrading the ground).

I don't think there is any chance of that happening unless his permit isn't granted. I suppose we can sell him, if his permit does come through in time for January, although I can see Lambert wanting him to stick around.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Donacien on 13:23 - Dec 14 with 3103 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Why does Lambert (apparently) not rate him? Is he just not very good? A worse right-back than even Jordan Spence?

Haven't seen him play yet so I have no idea to be honest.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien on 14:02 - Dec 14 with 3018 viewsGuthrum

Donacien on 13:23 - Dec 14 by ThisIsMyUsername

Why does Lambert (apparently) not rate him? Is he just not very good? A worse right-back than even Jordan Spence?

Haven't seen him play yet so I have no idea to be honest.

Lambert doesn't see him as a Right Back at all. Has said he's a Centre Back, thus is understudy to Chambers and Pennington, not an alternative to Spence.

I thought Donacien did ok when he was at RB earlier in the season. But Lambert has worked with him previously.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Donacien on 15:30 - Dec 14 with 2894 viewsRadlett_blue

Donacien on 10:54 - Dec 14 by Guthrum

He looks like another unsaleable player - a League 1 or 2 player on Championship wages. Rather like Bart on this season's form.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Donacien on 15:45 - Dec 14 with 2862 viewsCurrie10

I'm of the opinion we're doing our best to get the deal to collapse.

Others seem a formality.

Time will tell.
Donacien on 16:14 - Dec 14 with 2825 viewsitfcjoe

Donacien on 14:02 - Dec 14 by Guthrum

Lambert doesn't see him as a Right Back at all. Has said he's a Centre Back, thus is understudy to Chambers and Pennington, not an alternative to Spence.

I thought Donacien did ok when he was at RB earlier in the season. But Lambert has worked with him previously.

Matt Gill also had him at Tranmere where he played CB and RWB

MG: It all happened very quickly but I’ve known the gaffer a long time and we’ve kept in touch since he released me from Norwich.

I’ve been able to go into all of his other clubs and watch him and his staff at work before then going into coaching myself at my last club, Tranmere. The gaffer actually loaned us Janoi Donacien (from Aston Villa) so it really is a small world.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matt-gill-on-his-ipswich-town-move-1-5781238

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Donacien on 17:06 - Dec 14 with 2770 viewsBLUEBEAT

Donacien on 10:59 - Dec 14 by Jon_456

Oh good, another Donacien thread.

As Phil has stated many times, the transfer is all but done and wont be cancelled. Just a matter of waiting for his leave to remain paperwork to come through.

Another fine example of inept ITFC business practices.

This ongoing paperwork issue has resulted in an essential loanee space being taken up by our own player. Who isn’t our own player. Or something.

Poll: W or W

Donacien on 05:47 - Dec 15 with 2588 viewsharlingblue

Donacien should be our right back and played in that position now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024