Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly 13:53 - Dec 14 with 2677 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

They don't seem to rate either of them.

I would have both back in a heartbeat.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:27 - Dec 14 with 2583 viewsSouperJim

I agree, particularly Garner for me. I think Waghorn overshadowed him quite a bit here, but imho he is exactly the kind of streetwise 100% effort man that we could do with right now. I know he's not the Walters-esque focal point we're so desperate for, but he'd certainly give us a bit of presence.

I wonder if he regrets the move, probably not given our league position but I get the impression things haven't really clicked for him yet at Wigan.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:27 - Dec 14 with 2575 viewsReuser_is_God

I'd have Drissa Diallo back in a heartbeat given our current side.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:28 - Dec 14 with 2582 viewsReuser_is_God

FWIW I thought Connolly was a superb player.

A lot is made of the 3 attacking players MM signed on loan (Fraser, Lawrence, Celina) but Connolly is up there too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:30 - Dec 14 with 2563 viewsBlueBadger

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:27 - Dec 14 by Reuser_is_God

Woah, woah, woah, lets not say rash things that we can't take back just because we're all worried.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:32 - Dec 14 with 2547 viewsSpruceMoose

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:28 - Dec 14 by Reuser_is_God

FWIW I thought Connolly was a superb player.

A lot is made of the 3 attacking players MM signed on loan (Fraser, Lawrence, Celina) but Connolly is up there too.

Agreed. I'd have loved to have had him come on board on a permanent basis.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:36 - Dec 14 with 2516 viewsSouperJim

How about "King" Georges "Dos" Santos?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:43 - Dec 14 with 2482 viewsPositivelyPortman

Shame that we let Tommy Smith go.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:45 - Dec 14 with 2479 viewsIllinoisblue

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:32 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

Agreed. I'd have loved to have had him come on board on a permanent basis.

Indeed. And that's a big problem with football now; players like him on the fringes of a the big clubs will bounce around on loan for a few years before drifting away. Wasn't so long ago - think Clapham from Tottenham - that clubs would sell their fringe players rather than loaning them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 15:57 - Dec 14 with 2332 viewsCurrie10

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:30 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

Woah, woah, woah, lets not say rash things that we can't take back just because we're all worried.

Diallo played in a side that got the occasional clean sheet.

Not sure Pennington has been involved in a solitary clean sheet yet - did he play in our ONLY clean sheet this season - H to 10 man Bolton?

Even if he did - he's not been involved in a clean sheet v 11 men all season.

Our ' defence ' is truly shambolic.
Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 15:59 - Dec 14 with 2325 viewsSpruceMoose

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 15:57 - Dec 14 by Currie10

Diallo played in a side that got the occasional clean sheet.

Not sure Pennington has been involved in a solitary clean sheet yet - did he play in our ONLY clean sheet this season - H to 10 man Bolton?

Even if he did - he's not been involved in a clean sheet v 11 men all season.

Our ' defence ' is truly shambolic.

Our defence is like the anti-Captain Planet. Individually they may be decent, but when their powers combine they turn into some kind of sh!tehawk defensive nightmare.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 16:42 - Dec 14 with 2256 viewsjudespiveyg

Garner I would absolutely have back as he did a job defending set pieces as well as being a physical player through the middle. Connolly I probably wouldn't, he always looked to me like what he was, a defender playing in midfield. His game was too similar to Skuse's, and you can only really have a maximum of one Skuse-type player or the midfield becomes too passive.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 16:44 - Dec 14 with 2249 viewsGeoffSentence

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 15:59 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

Our defence is like the anti-Captain Planet. Individually they may be decent, but when their powers combine they turn into some kind of sh!tehawk defensive nightmare.

Hasn't helped that both of out goalies have taken it upon themselves to throw the ball in the net this season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 17:04 - Dec 14 with 2201 viewsLeagueOne

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 14:27 - Dec 14 by SouperJim

I agree, particularly Garner for me. I think Waghorn overshadowed him quite a bit here, but imho he is exactly the kind of streetwise 100% effort man that we could do with right now. I know he's not the Walters-esque focal point we're so desperate for, but he'd certainly give us a bit of presence.

I wonder if he regrets the move, probably not given our league position but I get the impression things haven't really clicked for him yet at Wigan.

and to think Mick got those two for an absolute steal compared to young and exciting manager Hursts Jackson, Harrison and Roberts, three of the crappiest forwards to ever play for Town. I remember the open top bus parade we were giving tose signings figuratively as well, young and exciting was more important than good and selling existing players is always a "good bit of business" to many. Yeah, for the teams we sell them to! See Didz.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 21:37 - Dec 14 with 1965 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

They have a lot of very good footballers in their team, plenty of power and pace. So, Garner and Connolly seem quite average in comparison.
Wigan fans on Garner and Connolly on 22:05 - Dec 14 with 1929 viewsjpring89

That guy is the sole reason we didn’t get promoted all those years ago which may have changed the completion where we stand today.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024