Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 17:12 - Dec 14 with 4184 viewsDubtractor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46561779?fbclid=IwAR1TwOvun04ENF0LY1k9H8gahjv3ya11

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 17:13 - Dec 14 with 3736 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bluebadger incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 17:23 - Dec 14 with 3715 viewsgiant_stow

100 million for a bludy website?! I knew the public sector pays well for private gigs, but didn't know it was that good.

Who sets these budgets ffs!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:00 - Dec 14 with 3681 viewsPinewoodblue

Why out source army recruitment in the first place? I

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:02 - Dec 14 with 3687 viewsDanTheMan

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 17:23 - Dec 14 by giant_stow

100 million for a bludy website?! I knew the public sector pays well for private gigs, but didn't know it was that good.

I'm struggling to think what they spent the money on. The amount of developers you could get for that is obscene.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:04 - Dec 14 with 3677 viewsgiant_stow

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:02 - Dec 14 by DanTheMan

I'm struggling to think what they spent the money on. The amount of developers you could get for that is obscene.

It's crazy innit, especially when the military likes to moan about cuts. How many tanks did this non-website cost?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:35 - Dec 14 with 3655 viewsDubtractor

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:00 - Dec 14 by Pinewoodblue

Why out source army recruitment in the first place? I

Because the government is utterly wedded to the idea that the private sector will do a better and cheaper job.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:48 - Dec 14 with 3632 viewsWithnail

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:35 - Dec 14 by Dubtractor

Because the government is utterly wedded to the idea that the private sector will do a better and cheaper job.

*cough Labour cough*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-24140967/costs-of-failed-nhs-it-project-con
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:59 - Dec 14 with 3610 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:48 - Dec 14 by Withnail

*cough Labour cough*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-24140967/costs-of-failed-nhs-it-project-con

Glad to see that you agree Neo-Liberal policies always lead to this kind of failure.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 19:37 - Dec 14 with 3537 viewsGuthrum

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:02 - Dec 14 by DanTheMan

You forget "shareholder returns".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 19:45 - Dec 14 with 3528 viewsGuthrum

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:04 - Dec 14 by giant_stow

It's crazy innit, especially when the military likes to moan about cuts. How many tanks did this non-website cost?!

£100m? About one squadron's worth of Challenger 2s (18 tanks, one third of the striking force in an armoured regiment), allowing for spares.

Not that the Army would spend it on that. Infantry regiments are currently more useful.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 20:00 - Dec 14 with 3498 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bonuses!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 20:18 - Dec 14 with 3486 viewsBasuco

It has been sub contracted multiple times and everyone adds their bit on.
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 20:23 - Dec 14 with 3483 viewsBloomBlue

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:35 - Dec 14 by Dubtractor

And public sector has proved time it can deliver anything on time and on budget - lol

Now if you really want to increase costs get a union involved
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 20:38 - Dec 14 with 3469 viewseireblue

I have seen Capita in action on a couple of projects.

Seems like they are improving a little bit.
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 23:05 - Dec 14 with 3406 viewsIllinoisblue

people should be in jail for this sort of stuff.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 23:50 - Dec 14 with 3376 viewsTractorWood

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 17:23 - Dec 14 by giant_stow

I've no strong feelings about privatisation but this is a joke.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 00:04 - Dec 15 with 3364 viewsPlums

It’s obscene but sounds as though whatever software was feeding the website was the problem.
Probably some huge, outdated and inflexible ERP solution.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 07:34 - Dec 15 with 3290 viewsNo9

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 18:48 - Dec 14 by Withnail

*cough Labour cough*

That was from 2011 & 13
Who was Sec of State for Health then?
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 08:39 - Dec 15 with 3275 viewsDubtractor

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 23:50 - Dec 14 by TractorWood

I've no strong feelings about privatisation but this is a joke.

FWIW, despite me stirring the pot here, I'm not averse to all private sector involvement in delivering public services.

In my line of work private companies deliver a significant proportion of services, do it well (and at a decent price), and have innovated in a way that the public sector simply wouldn't have.

There are too many examples of it being bad though, and some services that should never be privatised or driven by profit.

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 08:44 - Dec 15 with 3264 viewsNo9

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 08:39 - Dec 15 by Dubtractor

FWIW, despite me stirring the pot here, I'm not averse to all private sector involvement in delivering public services.

In my line of work private companies deliver a significant proportion of services, do it well (and at a decent price), and have innovated in a way that the public sector simply wouldn't have.

There are too many examples of it being bad though, and some services that should never be privatised or driven by profit.

If 'outsourcing' is done it has to be done for the right reasons and has to be costed etc.

The way in which the tories do it is pure dogma, there is no consideration to cost and efficiency and even less to the way in which it has been abused by contractors / suppliers e.g. the West coast line debacle
& the way in which some ministers, Grayling being a good example, that money is chucked at contractors / suppliers for no good reason.

This has gone on for a long while and no matter hwhat the committee's say it continues to rob the taxpayer
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 10:04 - Dec 15 with 3242 viewsLord_Lucan

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 20:23 - Dec 14 by BloomBlue

And public sector has proved time it can deliver anything on time and on budget - lol

Unfortunately you make a good point, private or public all has a habit of turning to shyte.

I really don't know why.

I notice Cappuccino Clapham downvoted you, I suspect he never had to use British Rail.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 10:11 - Dec 15 with 3228 viewsNo9

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 20:23 - Dec 14 by BloomBlue

What strange world do you live in?

It's OK for you rich shareholders, you are quite happy these companies are milking the taxpayer for all they are worth and giving little in return.
Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 10:28 - Dec 15 with 3205 viewschicoazul

Recruiting for the forces should be one of the easiest things in the world, and I have 16 years corporate recruitment experience. How they managed to cock this up I have no idea, well, I do. They gave it to Crapita, the worst company in the country.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 10:44 - Dec 15 with 3181 viewsPinewoodblue

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 10:28 - Dec 15 by chicoazul

Recruiting for the forces should be one of the easiest things in the world, and I have 16 years corporate recruitment experience. How they managed to cock this up I have no idea, well, I do. They gave it to Crapita, the worst company in the country.

I worked for a company taken over by Capita, they managed to run it into the ground.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Thank goodness for the efficient private sector part 26789 on 10:53 - Dec 15 with 3170 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, the site looks pretty generic and the back-end stuff can't be more complicated than an e-commerce site. There must be more to this but maybe they're bundling in advertising spend too?

Also they're trying to recruit soldiers who are say 17-22 using loads of long texts??!! Of course they can read stuff but long texts barely work on middle-aged people nowadays. And just surfing around clicking on stuff shows a confusing number of ways into the process ... but the way I went in you had to click "Join" just to find out what the recruitment process was.

Looks a bit of a mess frankly.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024