Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) 20:03 - Dec 14 with 4750 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 20:24 - Dec 14 with 4253 viewsITFC_Forever

Here we go again.

What some / many seem to forget very readily is that while McG was injured more than we would all like, he also had spells where he was fit and firing.

And when he was in the team and on form, he was our best player this decade for me (joined early 2013, left 2018 and was our best player at the club when he was here). When he got injured, we missed him so much it was embarrassing.

He was on 8 goals by November and playing well before Loovens horror tackle ruined last season for him.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 20:25]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 20:45 - Dec 14 with 4180 viewsEwan_Oozami

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 20:24 - Dec 14 by ITFC_Forever

Here we go again.

What some / many seem to forget very readily is that while McG was injured more than we would all like, he also had spells where he was fit and firing.

And when he was in the team and on form, he was our best player this decade for me (joined early 2013, left 2018 and was our best player at the club when he was here). When he got injured, we missed him so much it was embarrassing.

He was on 8 goals by November and playing well before Loovens horror tackle ruined last season for him.

It was a slightly ironic post, I do appreciate what a good player McGoldrick was for us when fit - it was probably very frustrating for him and MM that he couldn't stay injury-free for long enough in the past couple of seasons to help push us higher up the table - mainly due to being targeted by opposition defenders!

But it has been mentioned a few times on here about how we seem to acquire injury-prone players (which is why they're cheap) but also struggle to get players fit again (probably down to Marcus' penny-pinching), eg, McGoldrick probably gets much better pre- and post-match conditioning at Sheff U than he did here.

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:05 - Dec 14 with 4126 viewsITFC_Forever

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 20:45 - Dec 14 by Ewan_Oozami

It was a slightly ironic post, I do appreciate what a good player McGoldrick was for us when fit - it was probably very frustrating for him and MM that he couldn't stay injury-free for long enough in the past couple of seasons to help push us higher up the table - mainly due to being targeted by opposition defenders!

But it has been mentioned a few times on here about how we seem to acquire injury-prone players (which is why they're cheap) but also struggle to get players fit again (probably down to Marcus' penny-pinching), eg, McGoldrick probably gets much better pre- and post-match conditioning at Sheff U than he did here.

The journey to and from Nottingham numerous times a week couldn’t have helped either.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:20 - Dec 14 with 4088 viewsMenton

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 20:24 - Dec 14 by ITFC_Forever

Here we go again.

He was brilliant between 2013 and 2015 but I don’t think he ever looked quite the same after that first bad injury. He was monumentally slow at the end and his right leg seemed to turn to jelly, he was incapable of striking the ball hard.

Looks to have got it back now though.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:31 - Dec 14 with 4053 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

But did you see who scored for WBA!

It was only bloody Barry Gibb!

What a talented guy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:39 - Dec 14 with 4019 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone would think that not having a 3 hour commute to training is helping him stay fit.

Well I never!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:39 - Dec 14 with 4017 viewsElderGrizzly

Good player, but 1st goal in 10 games
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:47 - Dec 14 with 3985 viewsFootballpete

Here we go again.

He’s a great player. Had he not got injured in 2015 we may well have gotten over the line. Easily the best player of the McCarthy era. Would’ve loved to have seen him in a Burley side. I always wondered if he’d have been good converted to a centre midfielder, as he often dropped deep looking for the ball and could pick a pass. But that may have been down to the fact our midfield was so poor whilst he was here.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Login to get fewer ads

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:58 - Dec 14 with 3950 viewsBloomBlue

As has been said on this site before if you look at McG's career at every club's he's been at his first season is always great and then he disappears, probably while he's had a few clubs
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 22:56 - Dec 14 with 3856 viewsEwan_Oozami

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 21:05 - Dec 14 by ITFC_Forever

The journey to and from Nottingham numerous times a week couldn’t have helped either.

That's a good point - if you're fighting at the top of the table the journey is much easier than if you're mid-table or below with no chance of getting higher!

Youngest Oozami is at Nottingham Trent and 4 journeys a term is bad enough! :-)

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 23:02 - Dec 14 with 3842 viewsLeagueOne

Here we go again.

I saw a number of his injuries in the flesh too and he's lucky to still be playing given what he's gone through. Great player, we desperately needed him here this season but instead we opted for the young and exciting Jackson, Harrison and Roberts instead of Didz, Waghorn and Garner who getting shot of was "good business" during "our best window ever, credit to Marcus Evans etc etc"

We watched our goals walk out of the door and replaced them with 3 of the worse players we ever signed. Hence why Sears is now back in the team... I think if Alan Lee was still registered he'd be picked ahead of those three.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 23:16 - Dec 14 with 3800 viewsIllinoisblue

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 23:02 - Dec 14 by LeagueOne

I saw a number of his injuries in the flesh too and he's lucky to still be playing given what he's gone through. Great player, we desperately needed him here this season but instead we opted for the young and exciting Jackson, Harrison and Roberts instead of Didz, Waghorn and Garner who getting shot of was "good business" during "our best window ever, credit to Marcus Evans etc etc"

We watched our goals walk out of the door and replaced them with 3 of the worse players we ever signed. Hence why Sears is now back in the team... I think if Alan Lee was still registered he'd be picked ahead of those three.

literally NOBODY was saying best window ever

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 00:09 - Dec 15 with 3722 viewsjeera

Although I agree fully with Mr Forever's sentiments, 'Lazarus' made me laugh!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 00:32 - Dec 15 with 3687 viewsGuthrum

Here we go again.

Also, the way he was often used was not the best for him. Operating as some sort of combination playmaker-goalscorer, trying to weave his way past entire defences on his own was just frustrating and ineffective. Hardly surprising he got injured.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 05:43 - Dec 15 with 3576 viewsBenters2

They didn’t win so it doesn’t matter.
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 09:14 - Dec 15 with 3439 viewsbraveblue

Something was badly wrong with our training and recovery regime. Constant long term injuries. Also he was played out of position many times and ended up scrapping in midfield. Another MM triumph.
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 10:55 - Dec 15 with 3345 viewsradiogaga

Here we go again.

McGoldrick was very unfortunate with injuries here, but when fit and in the mood was an absolute joy to watch and by far our best player. I understand totally why he was not offered a new deal in the summer - one of our bigger earners and had several long injury lay offs, all with a new manager looking to bring own ideas.

One of those seasons so far, where the club made several big decisions in the summer that could be justified at the time, but have gone about as wrong as they could probably have gone.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:07 - Dec 15 with 3327 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 09:14 - Dec 15 by braveblue

Something was badly wrong with our training and recovery regime. Constant long term injuries. Also he was played out of position many times and ended up scrapping in midfield. Another MM triumph.

Damn that McCarthy bloke and frequent top half finishes

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:14 - Dec 15 with 3318 viewsNo9

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 09:14 - Dec 15 by braveblue

ITFC during the MM era did have a lot of long term injuries, that should not be denied by anyone.
What was never understood was the real reason, we peobably never know however one of the more concerning things is how oftern MM took players off after 60 m inutes because, he said at the time they were shattered'. Why wasn't many of these players able to do 90 minutes when PL is showing that even those who were not 1st team regulars can?
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:29 - Dec 15 with 3304 viewsHerbivore

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:14 - Dec 15 by No9

ITFC during the MM era did have a lot of long term injuries, that should not be denied by anyone.
What was never understood was the real reason, we peobably never know however one of the more concerning things is how oftern MM took players off after 60 m inutes because, he said at the time they were shattered'. Why wasn't many of these players able to do 90 minutes when PL is showing that even those who were not 1st team regulars can?

Not sure that's entirely accurate, other than West Brom (arguably) we've not ended a single game strongly under Lambert.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:42 - Dec 15 with 3287 viewsNo9

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:29 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

Not sure that's entirely accurate, other than West Brom (arguably) we've not ended a single game strongly under Lambert.

I didn't go to Stoke but, Town sounded pretty useful despite Mr Wooley making a lot of the Stoke team to support that Town shared possession with Stoke and had more attempts.
For a young side that can't be bad can it?

I recall many games when MM's teams chucked it away in the last quater of the game sometimes carelessly.
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:50 - Dec 15 with 3273 viewsHerbivore

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:42 - Dec 15 by No9

I didn't go to Stoke but, Town sounded pretty useful despite Mr Wooley making a lot of the Stoke team to support that Town shared possession with Stoke and had more attempts.

I recall many games when MM's teams chucked it away in the last quater of the game sometimes carelessly.

Not just under MM, we've conceded late in at least 3 of our games under Lambert so far and we conceded a few late ones under Hurst too. Not really sure why people keep harping back to MM to be honest, it's become abundantly clear since he left that he did a good job here under the circumstances. It was the right time for him to go but the way some still bring him up as though things were worse when he was leading us to 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons is really odd.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:54 - Dec 15 with 3269 viewsPJH

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 11:42 - Dec 15 by No9

and as you say never once did we get a late winner in any of MM's games....oh....
I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 12:00 - Dec 15 with 3258 viewsArnieM

Didsy form at the Blades makes me hate him even more. The tossa simply didn’t want to be here, and was always “ injured” or took ages to recover from his numerous injuries. What a pity we didn’t offload much, much sooner.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 12:01 - Dec 15 with 3250 viewsm14_blue

I see Lazarus McGoldrick has scored again (n/t) on 12:00 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

Didsy form at the Blades makes me hate him even more. The tossa simply didn’t want to be here, and was always “ injured” or took ages to recover from his numerous injuries. What a pity we didn’t offload much, much sooner.

You hate him?

That's weird.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024