Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? 09:05 - Dec 15 with 5545 viewsMullet

The stuff coming out of the club round here is fairly toxic and damaging. How bad it will get remains to be seen, but it's a long old season.

I know if we stay up because they get a deduction or whatever is pathetic, but I'd take that over Div 3 every time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:06 - Dec 15 with 5230 viewswkj

Makes you appreciate how much worsse off we could be

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:08 - Dec 15 with 5221 viewsMullet

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:06 - Dec 15 by wkj

Yeah, we could have got rid of Mick and completely fallen apart I guess.

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:14 - Dec 15 with 5182 viewsm14_blue

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:08 - Dec 15 by Mullet

Yeah, we could have got rid of Mick and completely fallen apart I guess.

Doing badly on the pitch is one thing, behaviour like that is something else altogether.
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:18 - Dec 15 with 5172 viewsMullet

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:14 - Dec 15 by m14_blue

Doing badly on the pitch is one thing, behaviour like that is something else altogether.

In fairness, Evans would have had to be around for 3 or 4 months to behave this badly. We definitely haven't been close to OK off field until Lambert got here.

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:21 - Dec 15 with 5160 viewsBasuco

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:18 - Dec 15 by Mullet

In fairness, Evans would have had to be around for 3 or 4 months to behave this badly. We definitely haven't been close to OK off field until Lambert got here.

But he does pay the wages and bills on time.
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:22 - Dec 15 with 5158 viewsm14_blue

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:18 - Dec 15 by Mullet

People haven’t gone without wages though have they?

I’m not trying to be an apologist for Evans but we should keep a little perspective, he’s not in the Blackpool/Bolton/Coventry league of bad owners.
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:27 - Dec 15 with 5135 viewsMullet

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:22 - Dec 15 by m14_blue

I’m not trying to be an apologist for Evans but we should keep a little perspective, he’s not in the Blackpool/Bolton/Coventry league of bad owners.

No, but is that the bar we want to measure him against? We were meant to be building something bigger and better, we've not even stood still.

Our decline this season has to see him scrutinised, it's his most important period ever. Saying well at least we're not one of the extremes isn't good enough either.

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:29 - Dec 15 with 5119 viewsm14_blue

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:27 - Dec 15 by Mullet

No, but is that the bar we want to measure him against? We were meant to be building something bigger and better, we've not even stood still.

Our decline this season has to see him scrutinised, it's his most important period ever. Saying well at least we're not one of the extremes isn't good enough either.

Definitely not, but that is literally what was being discussed in this thread.

No one’s saying where we are is good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 10:13 - Dec 15 with 5023 viewsNo9

Nothing new is it?
Didn't a certain Mr Sheepshanks pay himself well when our team was in difficulties?
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 10:18 - Dec 15 with 5002 viewschristiand

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:06 - Dec 15 by wkj

For every Bolton Wanderers there's a Manchester City or Huddersfield Town!! Yes, we could be worse off it ME went, but equally we could get an owner who has aspirations and wants the club to succeed both on and off the pitch. Just a thought?!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 10:21]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 10:23 - Dec 15 with 4979 viewsLord_Lucan

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:27 - Dec 15 by Mullet

Seriously, what exactly has Evans done to upset you?

Regardless of whether Mick Mack was over or under achieving he had to go. Everyone was crying out for a young manager, people were also crying out for lower league future starlets.

Evans delivered exactly what people wanted and backed his man.

Hurst was a disaster and somehow has attracted a quality manager.

What has he done wrong?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

You need to ask the fans who have the best of the club at heart on 10:31 - Dec 15 with 4943 viewsDyland

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 10:23 - Dec 15 by Lord_Lucan

Regardless of whether Mick Mack was over or under achieving he had to go. Everyone was crying out for a young manager, people were also crying out for lower league future starlets.

What has he done wrong?

Evans should put in more money. Full stop.

Any questioning or looking at any positives whatsoever makes you a happy clapper.

Whatever that means.

Seriously though, who cares, er COYFB.

Ipswich 2 Wigan 1

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 10:36 - Dec 15 with 4912 viewschicoazul

What has he done wrong?

You're not asking me so beg your pardon but the Evans regime has been a complete disaster and has failed at pretty much every turn. Yes he is floating the club now but it is highly arguable to say he "saved the club" in 07 as I see argued here many times.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 11:21 - Dec 15 with 4819 viewsNo9

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 10:36 - Dec 15 by chicoazul

You're not asking me so beg your pardon but the Evans regime has been a complete disaster and has failed at pretty much every turn. Yes he is floating the club now but it is highly arguable to say he "saved the club" in 07 as I see argued here many times.

What is your answer to getting the owner to givce the club away or to put in enough money to win, win, win?
Hopefully he has learned lessons but I retunr to my continual theme, he needs a quality football advisor as MD at PR not a lawyer
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 11:51 - Dec 15 with 4762 viewsLord_Lucan

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 10:36 - Dec 15 by chicoazul

Football is a sh1t business.

It seems impossible to make money, even Prem teams are short of cash, I fail to see why all these super rich bods invest in football, it can't be to make money.

We have no idea what or where we would be if we never had Evans, it's a bit like BREXIT, the complete unknown.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 13:53 - Dec 15 with 4593 viewsMullet

What has he done wrong?

Not enough.

You see, I don't think "Evans delivered exactly what people wanted and backed his man". I think he replaced Mick with that, but then didn't adjust the running of the club to facilitate it. Hence he let the new man get away with murder because he wasn't involved enough and again is having to bail us out or this time let us sink.

He's caught in two minds between flaunting us with a view to selling us, and sinking more in and ends up doing the worst of both worlds because of it.

We should never be here, and yet this is the third and worst time under his stewardship. Either he should have gone from Mick to Lambert and kept us running as we were, or gone for wholesale restructuring.

As for "everyone" being united on anything since Evans has been here, I'm not so sure. Ironically relegation might be the most unifying of them all.

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 14:02 - Dec 15 with 4560 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 11:51 - Dec 15 by Lord_Lucan

Football is a sh1t business.

It seems impossible to make money, even Prem teams are short of cash, I fail to see why all these super rich bods invest in football, it can't be to make money.

We have no idea what or where we would be if we never had Evans, it's a bit like BREXIT, the complete unknown.

It's a play thing of the very rich nowadays.

The closest anyone has come to a successful business model coupled to success on the pitch was Arsenal where constant Champions League quarter finals or whatever was seen as stagnation and failure.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 14:33 - Dec 15 with 4518 viewsPlums

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 13:53 - Dec 15 by Mullet

Not enough.

You see, I don't think "Evans delivered exactly what people wanted and backed his man". I think he replaced Mick with that, but then didn't adjust the running of the club to facilitate it. Hence he let the new man get away with murder because he wasn't involved enough and again is having to bail us out or this time let us sink.

He's caught in two minds between flaunting us with a view to selling us, and sinking more in and ends up doing the worst of both worlds because of it.

We should never be here, and yet this is the third and worst time under his stewardship. Either he should have gone from Mick to Lambert and kept us running as we were, or gone for wholesale restructuring.

As for "everyone" being united on anything since Evans has been here, I'm not so sure. Ironically relegation might be the most unifying of them all.

This is it and also explains why every club that MM leaves struggles. He has so much control, there is a vacuum in major parts of the organisation when he’s gone.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 16:47 - Jan 4 with 4191 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 09:22 - Dec 15 by m14_blue

Heard that Bolton's kit supplier went to the club store today to remove 46 boxes of merchandise.. No official word on why or what for but could be yet another sign of the club going into administration

Players and Staff only being paid due to a loan from the PFA and were expected to offload some higher earners this month..
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 16:53 - Jan 4 with 4114 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

According to this local rag they are not able to pay their players (including agreed transfer fees for 3 players who were on loan, but because of the lack of funds have not officially been registered so cannot play)

Owe the previous Chairman £5m in loan repayments from earlier in the year

Owe the PFA repayments on the most recent loan to pay the players wages

Trouble is afoot by the looks of it and a points deduction looks increasingly likely

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2019/1/4/18168070/finances-embargoes-wash
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 16:56 - Jan 4 with 4092 viewsMullet

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 16:53 - Jan 4 by King_of_Portman_Rd

According to this local rag they are not able to pay their players (including agreed transfer fees for 3 players who were on loan, but because of the lack of funds have not officially been registered so cannot play)

Trouble is afoot by the looks of it and a points deduction looks increasingly likely

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2019/1/4/18168070/finances-embargoes-wash

Yep, I'd say we might not finish bottom even if we continue at the same pace. Which is not good to see, as much as they were our rivals in the olden days to see them punished would make a mockery of the fact teams get away with so much.

If it meant us finishing 4th bottom though, strip those points FA!

Well he released that ridiculous.... on 16:57 - Jan 4 with 4087 viewsBloots

What has he done wrong?

....pre recorded "interview" for a start.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 17:03 - Jan 4 with 4048 viewsOsborneOneNil

Its a shame they're already one of the other 2 sh1te teams, or we'd have a chance!
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 20:06 - Jan 4 with 3755 viewsChocorange

Lump on Walsall in the cup!
Bolton taking over as the new Blackpool? on 20:33 - Jan 4 with 3674 viewsSwansea_Blue

A mess.

In fairness to Marcus, he’s been a model owner in terms of not being a w@nker.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024