Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) 17:08 - Dec 15 with 8847 viewsrozeeboy

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:12 - Dec 15 with 8300 viewsbadadski

Really? I saw on the stats ipswich goals scored 1 Wigan Goals scored 0.
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:14 - Dec 15 with 8256 viewsJ2BLUE

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:12 - Dec 15 by badadski

Really? I saw on the stats ipswich goals scored 1 Wigan Goals scored 0.

Yea but when you're looking for negatives you then go to possession. If Town had more possession then you go on to other stats like corners...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:15 - Dec 15 with 8215 viewsWD19

The stats say that the 5 teams above us haven't won a single game between them in 25 attempts.
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:16 - Dec 15 with 8184 viewsDarth_Koont

No. They had the better chances though.

Pronouns: He/Him

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:31 - Dec 15 with 8000 viewsmonytowbray

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:16 - Dec 15 by Darth_Koont

No. They had the better chances though.

Did they? That set piece Gerken saved was the only real heart in stomach moment.

Wigan looked as likely as we were to score... Not very. It was a bit of luck we won but we were due some.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:33 - Dec 15 with 7980 viewsHerbivore

Definitely not battered. They were crap, as were we. Abysmal ref ensured they applied some pressure on our goal but they didn't create many genuine chances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:34 - Dec 15 with 7970 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

they had 2 shots on target, we had one.

They had 49% possession, we had 51%.

We scored 1, they scored nil.

I don't think the stats suggest they battered us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:35 - Dec 15 with 7949 viewsSarge

No I thought we were better than them. Especially in the first half.
Login to get fewer ads

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:40 - Dec 15 with 7898 viewsBueller

No, lots of shots and not a lot on target.
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:44 - Dec 15 with 7856 viewsDeano69

Thought Wigan were the worst side I have seen this year, and I have seen us for most of it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:45 - Dec 15 with 7841 viewsDarth_Koont

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:31 - Dec 15 by monytowbray

Did they? That set piece Gerken saved was the only real heart in stomach moment.

Wigan looked as likely as we were to score... Not very. It was a bit of luck we won but we were due some.

They caused more of a threat in and around the box.

Not just today, but we seem to panic a bit at both ends of the pitch. So a win should do some real good for that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 18:00 - Dec 15 with 7745 viewsEireannach_gorm

The stats don't look great ( Graph REALLY poor for home ) but the number at the top is the most important now.

They appear to have hit the woodwork as well!
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 19:31 - Dec 15 with 7498 viewsGeoffSentence

not battered at all.

They had nothing in the first half, in fact they were dreadful the worst team I have seen at FPR this season, including us.

First 15 of the second half they were better and put us under a bit of pressure.

The rest of the game was just scrappy from both teams.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 20:29 - Dec 15 with 7371 viewsPecker

No. It was a poor quality game, but the only stat that counts is the goals scored column. We had 1 and they had 0.
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 20:33 - Dec 15 with 7349 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 17:31 - Dec 15 by monytowbray

An unchallenged,fortunately woeful, free header too from not far out. They were poor though......but who cares!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 20:40 - Dec 15 with 7304 viewsKeaneish

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 19:31 - Dec 15 by GeoffSentence

not battered at all.

They had nothing in the first half, in fact they were dreadful the worst team I have seen at FPR this season, including us.

First 15 of the second half they were better and put us under a bit of pressure.

The rest of the game was just scrappy from both teams.

So many needless flicks and players just helping it in rather than getting hold it. Missed Skuse in their today. The lack of experience was so evident today, especially up top where the ball bounced off Roberts at will. Their centre halves were terrible too.

Great result though even if it was a terrible spectacle. Great noise from section six again.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 20:44 - Dec 15 with 7285 viewsPJH

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 20:40 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

So many needless flicks and players just helping it in rather than getting hold it. Missed Skuse in their today. The lack of experience was so evident today, especially up top where the ball bounced off Roberts at will. Their centre halves were terrible too.

Great result though even if it was a terrible spectacle. Great noise from section six again.

I honestly do not remember any of the midfield three actually winning a tackle,Skuse was missed and will be missed because we have nobody else capable of doing what Cole Skuse does-either the MM version of Skuse or the PL version of Skuse.
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 21:42 - Dec 15 with 7190 viewsKeaneish

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 20:44 - Dec 15 by PJH

I honestly do not remember any of the midfield three actually winning a tackle,Skuse was missed and will be missed because we have nobody else capable of doing what Cole Skuse does-either the MM version of Skuse or the PL version of Skuse.

I think the ball turned over more due to misplaced passes than tackles being won. Nolan was largely anonymous again. Any idea what kind of midfielder he is? He’s not a ball winner, a playmaker or a genuine box to box player!?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 21:53 - Dec 15 with 7140 viewsPJH

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 21:42 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

I think the ball turned over more due to misplaced passes than tackles being won. Nolan was largely anonymous again. Any idea what kind of midfielder he is? He’s not a ball winner, a playmaker or a genuine box to box player!?

I thought Nolan had quite a good first half but disappeared almost completely in the second half.
Apart from laying the ball off, usually sideways, I do not know what he does because I doubt if I have seen him win a total of five tackles all season,very rarely runs with the ball and equally rarely plays a telling pass.
He himself says that we are yet to see the best of him but on the evidence so far he was not money well spent-in my opinion.

I agree that the game as a whole did not include many midfield tackles but winning them is quite a good way of getting the ball back.
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 7067 viewsVic

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 18:00 - Dec 15 by Eireannach_gorm

The stats don't look great ( Graph REALLY poor for home ) but the number at the top is the most important now.

2nd half of that graph thingy graphic doesn’t look too pretty!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 22:32 - Dec 15 with 6988 viewsHerbivore

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 21:53 - Dec 15 by PJH

I thought Nolan had quite a good first half but disappeared almost completely in the second half.
Apart from laying the ball off, usually sideways, I do not know what he does because I doubt if I have seen him win a total of five tackles all season,very rarely runs with the ball and equally rarely plays a telling pass.
He himself says that we are yet to see the best of him but on the evidence so far he was not money well spent-in my opinion.

I agree that the game as a whole did not include many midfield tackles but winning them is quite a good way of getting the ball back.

Like you I thought Nolan was decent first half and anonymous second. Downes was quietly effective, Chalobah scares me but occasionally does some good things too. Midfield was okay today, we missed Skuse but we were able to boss possession at times nonetheless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 22:45 - Dec 15 with 6936 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 22:08 - Dec 15 by Vic

2nd half of that graph thingy graphic doesn’t look too pretty!

Isn't that the thing, though? It is typical that a struggling side clinging on for a 1-0 win will come under pressure towards the end. Wigan are in trouble because they cannot finish and take advantage of the free kicks players like Garner will win for them around the box.

We desperately needed the win. We now desperately need two more as soon as we can get them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 23:22 - Dec 15 with 6875 viewsBrixtonBlue

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 18:00 - Dec 15 by Eireannach_gorm

Yes, they hit the crossbar and it went out for a throw.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 00:05 - Dec 16 with 6764 viewsSeablu

'Stats' are one of the poisons of the modern game.
As are fans who read anything into them.
1-0 win is all that matters.
Were we as battered as the Sky stats say? (n/t) on 07:11 - Dec 16 with 6563 viewschristiand

You’re forgetting the scramble in our goalmouth towards the end of the game and when they hit our crossbar with that thunderous shot? They started the second half much better than us and looked like the team most likely to score. We had 1 shot on target the whole game and that was the important stat.....Sears’ winning goal, but it wasn’t great overall. Thought the match was played by two poor sides. Wigan appeared content with a draw, but if we are being genuine with our views (and not positive for the sake it) we didn’t really test their keeper the whole match.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024